Ryan_047

Sudden body movements during meditation

16 posts in this topic

Recently,while meditating,some of my body parts started to suddenly move.For example,the pectorals and the deltoids are "jumping",so to speak.My biceps may either jump,or move sideways.Sometimes,my feet start to move,or even my fingers(from my hands) might perform subtle movements.Today,my shoulderblades moved at the same time and the base of my spine jumped,if that makes any sense.Worth pointing out I meditate lying down.

Am I doing something wrong?Today,the frequency of the movements has increased,compared to the previous meditation sessions.They are not violent nor disturbing,yet I don't know what they ought to represent.

If it hurts or you think you will get injured then its not good otherwise its nothing

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Energy is released from Muladhara. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I had this last night. I was meditating laying on my back on the bed. Eyes closed. Hand folded on my chest. 

It was a good long session. After a while my upper right arm started twitching. It just would not stop. 

It went on for a while I touched my upper and it was quite violent. Like a nerve, or muscle, or vein went crazy. Eventually I stopped meditating and went to sleep. 

@Hellspeed Thank you for your answer.I Googled Muladhara,since I don't know what it meant,and found out it's the root chakra located at the base of the spine.I can see how you deduced that energy is released from Muladhara since my spine jumped.However,does that explain the rest of the movements,like my arms and chest muscles ones?

Also,if energy is being released from Muladhara,is that a good thing?As you can see, I'm new to this domain of chakras.I'd appreciate a brief explanation.

@SFRL I see.How much time are you meditating per day?I meditate for 30 minutes lying down and I notice that the back of my head my start to hurt because I don't change my head position.Do you experience the same problem?

3 hours ago, Ryan_047 said:

@Hellspeed Thank you for your answer.I Googled Muladhara,since I don't know what it meant,and found out it's the root chakra located at the base of the spine.I can see how you deduced that energy is released from Muladhara since my spine jumped.However,does that explain the rest of the movements,like my arms and chest muscles ones?

Also,if energy is being released from Muladhara,is that a good thing?As you can see, I'm new to this domain of chakras.I'd appreciate a brief explanation.

It will blow your mind if you go with the energy in your legs. The whole point of awakening is releasing that energy and harmonize the whole body system. Get in touch with your body's glands, is what we call chakras. 

Hellspeed is correct, it's called a Kundalini kriya. It can come as a random jerky movement or as an uncontrollable movement into a yogic pose/hand signal. Completely natural and likely the removing of energetic blockages.

https://ourlightbody.com/index.php/part-iii-human-metamorphosis/chapter-6-all-about-kundalini/what-are-kundalini-kriyas

Edited by Elysian
Grammar

The ultimatum that I had alike your experience was once I was sitting and meditating legs semi-crossed to let my upper body balance and tighten the spine, I started moving with huge momentum as would a snake spiked from tail on to ground tries to move towards air. My body from the bottom to head was drawing circles in top view and also in front view too. Asides that usually I get some instant head turns like 15 degrees, It's effortless as would a child slides on playground. I guess It's pretty normal that you have these kind of energy releases.

Edited by non_nothing

4 hours ago, Ryan_047 said:

@SFRL I see.How much time are you meditating per day?I meditate for 30 minutes lying down and I notice that the back of my head my start to hurt because I don't change my head position.Do you experience the same problem?

I only started meditating recently. I could not bring myself to do it before because I used to be far down on Maslow's Hierarchy. 

I don't see why you absolutely not should move your head at all during meditation though. I think you should keep it to a minimum. But I think it's also ok to make some small movements sometimes. But maybe I am missing something. 

Or maybe use a pillow to lay your head on? 

27 minutes ago, SFRL said:

I only started meditating recently. I could not bring myself to do it before because I used to be far down on Maslow's Hierarchy. 

I don't see why you absolutely not should move your head at all during meditation though. I think you should keep it to a minimum. But I think it's also ok to make some small movements sometimes. But maybe I am missing something. 

Or maybe use a pillow to lay your head on? 

At a certain point if your Kundalini energy is flowing, when you relax into deep meditation your head will naturally start moving on it's own. And if you fight it you're resisting what is.

To not get in a mess, stop following the thoughts until you have a clear inner feeling about what are your intuition thoughts, drama thoughts, people's thoughts etc.

I see,so it's a good sign,thank you all.

@SFRL I am using a pillow and the back of  my head still hurts after long sessions.

@Elysian Thank you for the article,it made me understand my situation better.Just finished my today's meditation session and the body movements got stronger.I moved my legs and my back.It was weird,but felt like I was healing.I feel lighter in some areas of my body.Do I have to worry about spontaneous movements throughout the day?I don't want to have body spams at school or something.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, Ryan_047 said:

Recently,while meditating,some of my body parts started to suddenly move.For example,the pectorals and the deltoids are "jumping",so to speak.My biceps may either jump,or move sideways.Sometimes,my feet start to move,or even my fingers(from my hands) might perform subtle movements.Today,my shoulderblades moved at the same time and the base of my spine jumped,if that makes any sense.Worth pointing out I meditate lying down.

Am I doing something wrong?Today,the frequency of the movements has increased,compared to the previous meditation sessions.They are not violent nor disturbing,yet I don't know what they ought to represent.

Sounds like just energy movement and release, nothing to worry about.  Unless it gets extreme and painful, it should be fine.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, Ryan_047 said:

@Elysian Thank you for the article,it made me understand my situation better.Just finished my today's meditation session and the body movements got stronger.I moved my legs and my back.It was weird,but felt like I was healing.I feel lighter in some areas of my body.Do I have to worry about spontaneous movements throughout the day?I don't want to have body spams at school or something.

It can happen throughout the day, but it will mostly happen while sitting