Sempiternity

Using Ayauasca to prepare for first 5-Meo experience?

32 posts in this topic

Nothing will prepare you for DMT. Meditation will. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Well I had some pretty mind fucky experiences with 5-meo, (one better than the other, but one was similar to a deep mushroom trip I had before), and I was really pushing it with my use of 5 trips in a row..)).

Like "one after the other on the same day" in a row? I did this with vaporizing DMT (about 5 tokes in a row) and went deeper and deeper every toke. Only the last one made me surrender completely. But even before the last one I really felt my body / brain getting quite exhausted. How is it with 5Meo?

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

Nothing will prepare you for DMT. Meditation will. 

We're not really talking about DMT here. And you're contradicting yourself :P

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 minute ago, outlandish said:

We're not really talking about DMT here. And you're contradicting yourself :P

I have more experience than the majority here, so I know what I mean. B|

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

How much does 10-15 mg of 5meo dmt cost approximately? In Mexico.

I don't think we really talk about prices of drugs on here. You could look on the web and find out for yourself.

Anyways, compared to the magnitude of the experience in your life it could cost 100x as much and still be irrelevant. It's priceless :)

12 hours ago, Vinnie said:

@Jed Vassallo Whats your advice for Ayahuasca? I'm going to Peru next month for my first trial. 

@Vinnie  I suspect it's the same as doing 5-Meo. It's all about relaxing and surrendering. I concentrate on my breathing, slowing my breathing and let the Aya overtake me. For me, I found the ceremony setting to be very distracting. All the people, chanting, music and all, kept me for fully being in the medicine. But, that that's just me. I'm sensitive to such things.  I would prefere to be in total isolation, but that's not really possible.

So for someone new, I'd just fully surrender to the experience. Keep calm, meditate on your breathing, after taking the dose. Even if you're afraid to go up for the second dose, do it. The first dose might be intense, but if you're going through all the trouble of getting to the ceremony, push through the fear and go get the second dose. You won't regret it.

Also, be prepared for your first time, for nothing at all to happen. That happen my first time. It's common for that to happen.  I was so pissed, I almost didn't do the second night, but sure glad I did. Best experience of my life.

16 hours ago, outlandish said:

I don't think we really talk about prices of drugs on here. You could look on the web and find out for yourself.

I"m talking about the price.

Where we're now is called the web.

I haven't been able to find it on the web. Moreover, if there's a middle-man, the price may differ 10-20 times. And I wouldn't even be aware of there being a middle-man.

Edited by gilded_honour

@gilded_honour well this is the wrong corner of the web for this kind of discussion. You need to get clever with google and find the research chemical suppliers that distribute 5-MeO-DMT. I'll say this: price varies by how much quantity you buy (of course) and if the cost per dose comes out to be more than say a meal in an average restaurant, you're paying way more than market price.

Mods please delete this if it's inappropriate.

On 13/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, Jed Vassallo said:

I have a long history with psychedelics. Having done Ayauasca many times. Each time has been a smooth experience, full of love, surrender, oneness and bliss. But, when it comes to 5-Meo, I find myself terrified to do the first trip. I fear my death. I regularly have debilitating panic attacks. I fear my first time, I will get a bad panic attack and then have no way to let go, to surrender. Just 30 minutes of pure hell. Then I doubt I'd have the courage to try it again. No enlightenment, no liberation. So I find myself at an impasse, not able to find the courage to 'pull the trigger'. 

So I had an idea. Since the Ayauasca was such a beautiful experience, if I took Ayauasca just before doing the 5-Meo, putting myself in the right space (pure bliss, love and peace) I'd be much more capable of fully letting go with the 5-Meo. 

So my question is, how long after doing Ayauasca should I wait to do 5-Meo? Could I do it the next day? 

@Leo Gura

Hello,

I have done exactly what you're planning to do, and I have experienced exactly what you fear.

A year and a half ago I heard about 5-MeO from Leo and got very curious about it, almost obsessed. I started looking for it on the black market but found none (very luckily, in hindsight, because if I had took it alone at my house, only god knows what would have happened, pun intended).
Anyways, what I did find was an Ayahuasca retreat, so i went for that, thinking it will prepare me for 5-MeO.

Ayahuasca was my first psychedelic and it was great, it shattered all my naive materialism paradigm and introduced me to this whole new realm of possibilities.

I did a couple of cerimonies, when I found a retreat with Octavio Rettig (on a Leo's post, here) in Spain.
I went there to meet the mighty toad of dawn.

Now, it might not sound like it, but I had researched the SHIT out of the 5-MeO experience and non duality before doing it. I knew all Martin Ball's video's by heart.
But gosh, I had NO IDEA of what I was getting into. Even if I spent my LIFE reserching and studying it, I still would have had nooooo idea.
Ayahuasca did NOT prepare me for 5-MeO.

Moral of the story, my two 5-MeO trips were HELLISH, i mean, pure hell, like you said. I don't remember anything of them.... but I do remember.
It took at least one year for me to recover from the trauma. A year of post-rationalization and mental masturbation. Like my ego trying to reconfigure itself, putting that experience in a conceptual box, in order to control it. Usless to say, it didn't work.

What I wanted to say, is that I now fear tripping again on 5-MeO the most. I also know that I should, because I do want more of that, and it's just right there, behind that smoke pipe. Yet I don't have the courage to do it.

BUT: those terrifying 5-MeO trips were the single most important, deep and TRUE experience of my life. It grew me so much and you know what? Even if I'm clearly not ready to do it again now, I know deep down that I will. I just have no choice now. I have to grow to that readyness. But hey, what can you do. It really is like opening Pandora's box, I just can't put it all back in.

I hope this story helps you deciding, let me know if you need more details :) byebye

@Elia Gottardi Wow that sounds intense, sorry you had to go through that terror. I'm glad to hear that you see that the experience was positive, but at the same time I wouldn't want people to have to go through that kind of terror since many people would genuinely be traumatized by it.

It's crazy how differently 5-MeO-DMT can affect different people. I also wonder if the vaping ROA, and/or the toad venom as a source has something to do with it - it seems to me like there's more reports of the pure terror variety that come from stories of vaping and toad venom.

It could be that with the toad venom the dosage is imprecise, so there's more chance of going too high with it. It could also be that the other alkaloids in the venom complicate matters, but this I feel is not a necessary part of the explanation.

I think vaping has something to do with triggering the terror experience. With vaping the onset is so fast, so there's no chance to acclimatize and accept the fear that comes, you're basically blasted right into it. With sniffing or plugging the onset is much more gradual and gentle. You definitely get the fear response as part of the experience of coming up, but I feel it's more manageable because you have time to deal with it, accept it, and surrender to the experience of being.

To me sniffing or plugging seems like a more reliable and safe ROA. IIRC you can't sniff or plug the toad secretions, I think it must be vaped, so sniffing/plugging is probably only possible with synthetic salts of 5-MeO-DMT.