winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight i've now understood that the absolute is outside of ALL consciousness, so my question is does your knowledge and collapse of dualities affect the "version" of the absolute. my understanding is the absolute is nothing. there are a few ways to get there and one is about having insights about the nature of different "things". is this included in the process of self-inquiry. or is the void beyond even  the insights and inferences you make about consciousness. its just one void and thats it, 

The absolute is not capable of being expressed in language. Everything that can be said about it is wrong, including that it is outside of consciousness, in consciousness, part of consciousness, etc.

Self-inquiry leads to the silence beyond thoughts, ideas, concepts, and 'understanding.'

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@Aakash Yesterday my kids and some friends spontaneously began a game of tag by each yelling “not it!”. The last kid said, “guess I’m it.... I don’t even know what “it” is”. Wife whispered and smiled, “absolutely you don’t kid”.  Thought of you bro. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@winterknight @Nahm Thanks if i'm correct, you both are saying the same thing? it knows itself only because it is "it" and no-other-thing "exists" except "it" 

@Nahm    i see thanks, yeah it makes sense. lol doubt is such a killer at times :(, i guess i'm going to have to trek up the mountain myself

20 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight @Nahm Thanks if i'm correct, you both are saying the same thing? it knows itself only because it is "it" and no-other-thing "exists" except "it" 

I'm saying that your attempts at trying to understand "it" seem to be attempts to keep the mind/ego alive... you have to examine who is asking those questions.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

9 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Nahm    i guess i'm going to have to trek up the mountain myself

You are already there. The journey is the destination.

Rather than climbing a mountain, I think a better metaphor for you would be building a sandcastle. . . 

@winterknight   Ohhhhhh so let me now ask, if the "i" who is asking those questions, is the correct "i" then what does that mean? 

that i'm on track

@Serotoninluv LOL ohh man i don't want a journey xD, getting roped into cult after cult sounds like a good way to elevate myself without delusion :P 

Edited by Aakash

11 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight   Ohhhhhh so let me now ask, if the "i" who is asking those questions, is the correct "i" then what does that mean? 

that i'm on track

Here's another way of putting it: can you simply drop all thought? What if you simply refused to pay attention to any thought? Every time a thought comes up, just let it go.

Might be a worthwhile experiment in surrender. What if you tried it for 30 days?

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Here's another way of putting it: can you simply drop all thought? What if you simply refused to pay attention to any thought? Every time a thought comes up, just let it go.

Might be a worthwhile experiment in surrender. What if you tried it for 30 days?

Is relinquishment of thought an alternative path to the Self?

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv LOL ohh man i don't want a journey xD, getting roped into cult after cult sounds like a good way to elevate myself without delusion :P 

@Aakash You missed the second part of the statement.

@Nahm ♥️ ? 

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

when all thought is stopped or ignored. i go from human consciousness to god consciousness, rather what happens is i start to see with my "void" THE consciousness as opposed to my thoughts, from here whenever something clicks an in sight occurs. Then the god consciousness is deepened.

You stop thinking per say and start looking at yourself, or in other words you start looking at consciousness. When there is no distinction between yourself and consciousness. Your god consciousness sucks in original consciousness and distinction is broken. in other words, it's neither god consciousness or consciousness. It becomes both and none

This has been my experience so far

Edited by Aakash

2 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

Is relinquishment of thought an alternative path to the Self?

Yes, it's basically a description of attempted surrender.  Give up all desire to change anything, give up all mental effort, give up all thought. (or try!)

41 minutes ago, Aakash said:

when all thought is stopped or ignored. i go from human consciousness to god consciousness, rather what happens is i start to see with my "void" THE consciousness as opposed to my thoughts, from here whenever something clicks an in sight occurs. Then the god consciousness is deepened.

You stop thinking per say and start looking at yourself, or in other words you start looking at consciousness. When there is no distinction between yourself and consciousness. Your god consciousness sucks in original consciousness and distinction is broken. in other words, it's neither god consciousness or consciousness. It becomes both and none

This has been my experience so far

If there is "insight occurring" and things deepening, and looking going on, and things sucking in other things, etc. -- these are all names and forms. These are all thoughts. What if you gave up all of that?

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight If i gave up all of that up then, i would have to give up everything. because this is currently the highest thing i know. it would literally disprove all my experience so far. 

which ofcourse i am open to, i'm not emotional about it. I just think this is the right pathway. 

However, i can speculate that if i gave up even this, then i would go completely silent in a way, because i wouldn't be speculating "what" "it" is, this time by it, i would mean consciousness. 

i'm not sure how to phrase it, but this is the best i can think of at this present moment in time

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight If i gave up all of that up then, i would have to give up everything. because this is currently the highest thing i know. it would literally disprove all my experience so far. 

which ofcourse i am open to, i'm not emotional about it. I just think this is the right pathway. 

However, i can speculate that if i gave up even this, then i would go completely silent in a way, because i wouldn't be speculating "what" "it" is, this time by it, i would mean consciousness. 

i'm not sure how to phrase it, but this is the best i can think of at this present moment in time

Yup. That's the right path if you can pursue it. Go completely silent. Give up everything.

22 hours ago, winterknight said:

I gave you a whole bunch of reasons. And of course none of them satisfied you.

That's because you can't be satisfied with just ideas.

The truth is that suffering doesn't even exist -- not even as an illusion.

If you want to understand, pursue the spiritual path with the links I gave above.

You'll never find true answers just by speculating. 

Hmm ok I see what you're saying I suppose but I still don't see why I see things this way and why it is the way it is if I have this true nature or whatever underneath. Do you understand why there is good and evil in the world? Doesn't make sense to me why many people would go unconscious their whole life and do bad, I mean I understand how it happens but I don't understand why it exists in the first place if God is good. Is it possible to be a bad person and do terrible things and be enlightened and full of bliss? Or is there a phenomenon of being conciousness and doing good because to be concious is to be good?

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

I find my mind is so hard to control and sometimes I feel like its damaged. Like I'll try to control my thoughts but it gives me a headache and sensations in my body that feel bad and I feel this brooding emotion. I still try to work on controlling my mind but I've found to work with emotions to be more effective for keeping my mind calm and clean. Any tips for someone who has a really hard to control, active, negative mind that causes a lot of emotional issues and negative thoughts when trying to be controlled?