MM1988

Help understanding Emotions

18 posts in this topic

I have problems integrating this paradox regarding negative emotions.

You should accept emotions and allow yourself to feel them. So it doesnt matter if you accept them or not, you have to suffer through and feel them anyway. BUT once you accept and feel them fully they are often released and you feel better. But when you accept them with the intention of getting rid of them it wont work.

Thats why I find the "letting go of emotions" releasing question from sedona a bit misleading and I often use the "accept the emotions" one, but I often find myself accepting only to feel better because that helped in the past and it wont work. So how do you properly work with this so you dont have the intention of feeling better?

@MM1988The feeble attempt to "control" the emotional state because it is not "desirable" to our psyche

People often spill their feelings out to someone close as it is a sure way to work through negative emotions. We can also do personal investigations where we determine what thoughts may have caused or perpetuates the negative emotions. This simple "understanding" what makes us feel bad is curative by nature. 

I would advise you to go even deeper and figure out what sort of thought patterns are feeding the emotional roller coasters

You are unable to understand emotions unless you awaken. The very education we are brought up is made in a way to sabotage emotions and "thinking" one is in control of them, but in reality, the mind/will can only control after the inner patterns kill the natural vibe inside. In the long run, if the mind wins, death and illness come. 

No technique or book will help you experience what an emotion is if you are not willing to go backward and deepen yourself into your own suffering. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

37 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

So it doesnt matter if you accept them or not, you have to suffer through and feel them anyway.

Your mistake starts here

The accepting your emotion thing doesn't conclude that you should choose to suffer with it. Accepthing means like, as like for example accepting the world as it is being spherical, now you accept the world as it is, but no-one said you should further take any action. Accepting means letting it be, does not mean let it be then suffer. Do you also accept the fact that world is not flat, so that you should suffer? It has the same level of absurdity when it comes to accepting emotions then suffering them. You choose to suffer, nobody forces you to do it. If you further need study I'd recommend reading the book "Solve for happiness"

EDIT:
No offense through towards any idea or author but I don't really recommend that 
you buy into this comment:

You are unable to understand emotions unless you awaken. The very education we are brought up is made in a way to sabotage emotions and "thinking" one is in control of them, but in reality, the mind/will can only control after the inner patterns kill the natural vibe inside. In the long run, if the mind wins, death and illness come. 

No technique or book will help you experience what an emotion is if you are not willing to go backward and deepen yourself into your own suffering. 

Edited by non_nothing

@non_nothing how do you not suffer if it feels unpleasent, makes your mind go crazy and wont let you sleep?

I believe what @non_nothing is saying here is when you feel a "negative" emotion, but do not want to feel this way, it creates psychological conflict or "suffering" as you cannot be with "what is" 

@MM1988 you need to learn how not to put yourself in the context that proliferates the toxic feelings.

unborn Truth

30 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

@non_nothing how do you not suffer if it feels unpleasent, makes your mind go crazy and wont let you sleep?

Suffering is very real, to let you know that I suffered serious anxiety disorder that not only kept away sleep but also made me woke up in the middle of night for no reason and have panic attacks. These things are very real, and also what I'm offering is not some voodoo hippy happiness pill "nothing is real, let's shit rainbows and fart candies." but why don't you take the responsibility and read the book? Help yourself! You are the only thing matters in your own life. Nobody will study and would help genuinely as much as you would.

To remain just as the “witness” of all thoughts/emotions may end the cycle. This means no reactions/judgements/or “intention” 

The acceptance and or nonacceptance is the suffering; focusing on it, and trying to let it go simultaneously = suffering. Go to the emptiness, the spaciousness, the space the body and brain and everything else are “in”. Focus into that, habitually, breathe it, and those unwanted thoughts literally disappear, like a cut that healed - you don’t even remember it. A good literal mantra for this might be, “I am the peace”. After a while, those thoughts just might start to seem funny, even the traumatic memories, because, the space they transpire in, is you, is the peace itself. 

The thoughts & emotions are just the movie. You are the screen. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, non_nothing said:

EDIT:
No offense through towards any idea or author but I don't really recommend that 
you buy into this comment:

Because you haven't been there yet, so maybe before you want to snipe me, tell me, what did you feel after you were able to get angry or happy, at will in a conscious dream?. ?

11 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Because you haven't been there yet, so maybe before you want to snipe me, tell me, what did you feel after you were able to get angry or happy, at will in a conscious dream?. ?

Do you know me? You don't. Don't make assumptions based on your BIASES. Also what you're doing right now none to do with this thread's scope.

4 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

@non_nothing Ok, yeah, that sounds great. ;)......Um...How does one not make assumptions based on their biases?

See the falseness in asking how do I not make assumptions based on “my” biases :)

If we ask how we are already looking for an answer in bias which are based off assumptions/presupposition. 

4 hours ago, non_nothing said:

Do you know me? You don't. Don't make assumptions based on your BIASES. Also what you're doing right now none to do with this thread's scope.

Many blessings ?

Edited by Hellspeed