Poop

The true desire

31 posts in this topic

I was reading the book of not knowing, the part where he talks about the process of creating a self, and a question came to my mind.

How can I differentiate between a true /genuine desire and a desire that we just relate to through accumulated ideas or that fits one's self-image? I know that "desire" is a concept itself. But what about, for example, people who preferred a certain field and excelled in it as if they were born for it. What did Einstein felt about physics? Was it a pure desire/urge? Is it when there's no reason for doing it? And I'm talking about all preferences & desires including music taste, the kind of people you fall in love with, fashion taste etc. 

If our preferences is a mental fabrication, then can I deconstruct the ideas that support it?

If I have no self-image, will that mean I won't have any preferences/desires? How can one go about life like that? Just flow with life? Or is everyone destined? 

I feel lost in my thoughts and can't articulate them properly. Sorry for my English too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Is desire a concept? Or a movement of resistance Psychologically? 

What does this even mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

What does this even mean?

That’s what I said too. Lol 

i am just saying we make distinctions between desire and resistance, but they are the same. Do you see what I mean? As far as psychological movement or phenomenon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joseph Maynor

What is actually the true intention of the mind movement called 'desire'?

What is it, that the mind is trying to get or hide or prove or justify through this movement? 

What happens when this movement is observed non judgmentally? 


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resistance implies 

5 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Joseph Maynor

What is actually the true intention of the mind movement called 'desire'?

What is it, that the mind is trying to get or hide or prove or justify through this movement? 

What happens when this movement is observed non judgmentally? 

Nice way to questionize it

Edited by Jack River

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To see all these distinctions as not actually seperate but as one unit in movement. That makes for a profound awareness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To see all these distinctions as not actually seperate but as one unit in movement. That makes for a profound awareness. 

So true! This pinpoint inquiry is the greatest blessing one can have :) 


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Preetom said:

So true! This pinpoint inquiry is the greatest blessing one can have :) 

Life changing too. Makes awareness so simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack River said:

Makes awareness so simple. 

Yet builds billion dollar industries and thousand years of tail chasing around it. So ridiculous and yet it couldn't be otherwise haha


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Poop said:

I was reading the book of not knowing, the part where he talks about the process of creating a self, and a question came to my mind.

How can I differentiate between a true /genuine desire and a desire that we just relate to through accumulated ideas or that fits one's self-image? I know that "desire" is a concept itself. But what about, for example, people who preferred a certain field and excelled in it as if they were born for it. What did Einstein felt about physics? Was it a pure desire/urge? Is it when there's no reason for doing it? And I'm talking about all preferences & desires including music taste, the kind of people you fall in love with, fashion taste etc. 

If our preferences is a mental fabrication, then can I deconstruct the ideas that support it?

If I have no self-image, will that mean I won't have any preferences/desires? How can one go about life like that? Just flow with life? Or is everyone destined? 

I feel lost in my thoughts and can't articulate them properly. Sorry for my English too

You sound like your just getting into this stuff.  I wrote on some of these questions today.  Just go with your desire after you read the New Seeker section.

 

Edited by Mu_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Preetom said:

Yet builds billion dollar industries and thousand years of tail chasing around it. So ridiculous and yet it couldn't be otherwise haha

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Identification=Desire, which is an expression of fear resisting itself. They are really all the same. Identification=desire=fear=resistance=conflict=self. All one movement of psychological time. 

The seach for psychological security is the same as desire in pursuit. And in that sets a foundation for fear.  

Most excellent to see the actuality as a single movement of time.  🤙

Edited by Jack River

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jack River I feel like it makes sense for a second then it goes.

Fear/ resistance of what? Of being? And that's what create a self. That's somehow what I'm saying. 

I was wondering like what's the opposite of desire? When all constructed desire disappears, what's left? What enlightened beings act upon, for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Poop said:

feel like it makes sense for a second then it goes.

Maybe the word comes in and prevents awareness. 

10 hours ago, Poop said:

Fear/ resistance of what?

Fear that fuels the pursuit, Desire. That desire is a movement of resistance from what is. As in any feeling of lacking, discontent, incompleteness, insecurity and such. It’s all an escape. It’s implicit in desire this fear/attachment/resistance. 

10 hours ago, Poop said:

I was wondering like what's the opposite of desire?

The opposite of desire remains desire :).. it’s an invention born of desire itself. The opposite has its root in its own opposite. Pretty gnarly how mind works. 

Edited by Jack River

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jack River Like, be, without surfing anymore. Without the fear that you aren’t enough without surfing, without the desire to surf. Without the need for that anymore. Cool?


  Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Poop said:

When all constructed desire disappears, what's left?

Well, has this desire disappeared for you?, that’s the only way to tell dude. That is not an idea you want to accumulate from others. In diesres stopping there is its own seeing. Some might say ther is Devine desire, but self will conform to that idea, which still remains the conditioned reaction desire. In that ending is revealed the answer to that. 

 

10 hours ago, Poop said:

What enlightened beings act upon, for example?

Is this assumption that there are “enlightened beings” arising from desire itself? Does it give you hope, and is this not desire in pursuit? 

Its fun to watch our intentions, motives, assumptions and how they relate to psychological seeking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Jack River Like, be, without surfing anymore. 

Oh I see what you mean. 

We don't have to give up things in life. It comes down to psychological dependence. If the action we take is not born of fear it’s all good. As long as it’s not reaction based that is healthy. Action that comes from reaction fuels the “me”. 

Edited by Jack River

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now