F A B

What is the difference between judgment and analysis?

12 posts in this topic

I'm trying to put some boundaries here.

Edited by F A B

judgements are preconceived or preoccupied statements concluding the situation to be in a certain way, often with a hint to good or bad. analysis is the reflection of all data available at the moment under different aspects or from different perspectives, giving a more wholistic picture of a situation, trying to stay more neutral.

all in an everyday context. at court, thats something different of course.

Edited by now is forever

when i analyze i think details. when i judge i group details into broader categories. 

Wow, this is an interesting question.  Judgments are more statements about the truth of the matter than analysis is.  A judgment is me saying -- this statement is conceptually true, it's reasonable to accept.  Analysis is usually in the reasoning that supports a judgment.  Analysis is the dance that's done to try to support the conclusory statement or judgment.  Analysis goes into the support for your judgments.

A judgment is saying this is the way things are, or this is good or bad, etc.  A judgment is some kind of conclusion, whether that's stated as just a personal preference or the truth of the matter.  I like Rolling Rock beer is a judgment but I'm not making a statement about the truth of the matter, I'm just stating my preference.  

But most judgments are stated like they're matters of fact about reality.  You can see that.  People always do this.  People are always saying, "This is how things are . . . ."  But they don't realize that they're just trapping themselves in their own limiting-beliefs.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The key is: judgment has an emotional charge.

That emotional charge is the problem. It betrays an egoic attachment & agenda.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

the key is : shut your mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Do you think it is necessary to judge people for survival issue? Or our ego tricks us to think like that?

also i think someone who judges over something, someone else or over a situation elevates him/herself over the situation, person, thing - if judgment is not grounded in proper analysis of the situation in advance or reflection in advance, the judgment maybe unfair. the problem here is the conclusive factor (with conclusive i mean the matter then is not really open for further discussions), if we call it judgement it has also often a negative or disagreeing aspect to it.

the time factor also plays a certain role. is it pre judgement or judgement after the occurrence of a situation.

Edited by now is forever

@Shiva there is no objectivity ;) even an analysis can only take the data into account which is available at the present moment.

Edited by now is forever

@Shiva no it is not non dual -objectivity would really mean taking all data into account - it’s always only an approximation. 

Edited by now is forever

@Shiva ok, i try not to use the wording since i was 18though. mind traps and mind uses to trip :P

Edited by now is forever

7 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura Do you think it is necessary to judge people for survival issue? Or our ego tricks us to think like that?

Not necessary

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.