sneha

how did you all find your passion?

12 posts in this topic

when i think about it. if i do my best in almost anything i start to love it. if i think about how i want to help people through my career i can do that in almost every field currently im studying for entrance to law colleges. im choosing law as a career. but idk maybe im just lazy asf because that drive to get out of my bed every morning and work on my dreams isnt that strong for now.how did you all find your passion?

When someone told I could earn money by sitting and doing nothing.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

it just seemed interesting and then the passion grew stronger after getting better at it

i recommend reading so good they can't ignore you by cal newport that talk about this approach to finding passion.

@Shin you meditate for a living? people pay you to watch you meditate? 

16 minutes ago, sneha said:

when i think about it. if i do my best in almost anything i start to love it. if i think about how i want to help people through my career i can do that in almost every field currently im studying for entrance to law colleges. im choosing law as a career. but idk maybe im just lazy asf because that drive to get out of my bed every morning and work on my dreams isnt that strong for now.how did you all find your passion?

It seems like you are assuming there is one passion. Most people have multiple passions - I think the average is about 7 passions per person.

As well, seeking "the best" version of oneself is a fallacy. The quest for an unattainable "best" is the enemy of many "betters". There are many versions of meaningful lives you can live.

14 minutes ago, sneha said:

@Shin you meditate for a living? people pay you to watch you meditate? 

Lol no, but it's a plan ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Your passion finds you. that's how i like to look at it

As Serotoninluv says...there can definitely be more than one and if we can remain open enough life will be completely full of passion! 

Meditation

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

What's the one way that you can uniquely give back to the world which is a way that you would feel proud to give back to the world?  I would recommend Leo's Life Purpose to dig this out because it's not always obvious.  Big Picture Life Purpose Work really requires doing Leo's Life Purpose Course as a prerequisite, having done the course myself.  But you can start thinking: What am I already doing and passionate about where I feel like I could give something back to the world and make that my career over time?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@sneha

I think it’s a lot of exploration and following your curiosities. Plus hard work. Your passions grow the more you put into them.

@Shin your profile. Plus that sunglass emoji. I just can't stop giggling for the past hour now . Idk why it's really funny.