Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

This forum

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I think that this forum is a great opportunity to share your ideas and help each other, but it also has a dark side of things. If you arent interested, you can just skip my story, but it can probably still help you to write better quality answers.

I started watching Leo when I was 13 and I was very neurotic and ready to do orange self-development. I was obviously very impatient, so I couldnt watch any of his videos all the way to the end. I didnt get anything out of them.

About a year later, as my depression and anxiety was getting worse and my friends were pointing it out, I realized, I need to do action and grow out of this. I decided to watch all of Leo's videos and learn something. As I was watching the first, oldest videos, I realized, that most of them are probably outdated and I went to watch the „Start here“ section.

Video after video, I was making notes, rereading them, making action in my life, did everything Leo adviced me to do and my life transformed. I am no longer depressed, I actually feel so passionate about my life and I love to learn, so I also quit video games and PMO cycles. I started meditation and contemplation, started meeting more advanced people around my place and I am so happy that I am finally out, yet I still enjoy the vast not knowing.

After I achieved this kind of state, I decided that I could probably join this forum, as it would not offend anyone probably. I started to ask about diet, spirituality etc... Later I realized, that I can find almost all the answers to my questions inside and that made me rebuild everything I knew. I still ask some questions, but not as often as I used to.

SKIP TO HERE:

The thing is, that many people here are very legit advice givers. These people are probably watching Leo for a long time and doing what he advices them to do. 

But some people just feel like they have watched around 3 videos in their life, without clearing their brain of false assumptions and addictions, they go here on this forum and start assuming that they ate all the wisdom. By this, I dont mean that I ate all the wisdom, I actually learn and collect information everyday and still make 180 degrees turn arounds often.

Please, people, stop assuming that, it would make this forum so much better. Some of the threads we create are full of shit, talking about them externally is just bringing more trash. Do some action in your life, this will make the difference, stop addictions, stop false assumptions, learn everyday... 

In my opinion self help is not helping. There are many problems that are not addressed and even get worse in self help, one of them is learned helplessness. We are in time that we google pretty much everything and even for big decisions in life and life purpose we go to youtube videos . That's makes it very hard to be self reliant and that by itself depletes self confidence (self confidence= i know and i can). There is a trend that started to go against self and Ego but They got it all wrong as there is no self and no ego to give away. Most of my generation act like kids even in the age of 30+ years old. I cut a lot of Self help and only kept a few. I will eliminating Leo as well because it has to come from within. Where ever you are if not comfortable think how can it be a little bit better and do anything you can to get there and repeat. Life meant to be lived .

we always assume that we are right and know better than other people. At the same time we feel a need to share because we want to be praised for the information we provided but also want to perpetuate the survival of our fellow beings who need to hear our advice.... because that's how evolution made us and we genuinely want to help each other (at least most of us do)

That is a burden of humanity

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Welcome to internet ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

But some people just feel like they have watched around 3 videos in their life, without clearing their brain of false assumptions and addictions, they go here on this forum and start assuming that they ate all the wisdom.

sorry, this cannot be stopped.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I know, I just want to point that out for the people, that might be stuck down there. Sometimes it helps :)

@ShinxD

@Michael569 I see, its just the process of evolution. I dont know if I am helping it by creating this thread, some people might not even notice it, especially those who need it. I am not depressed about what is happening, but if more people realize that, our growth can be multiplied.

@Thesingularity I still have many things to learn from Leo, but I also plan to quit watching his videos... I am just not quite there yet. I think he actually encourages us to leave after fully understanding his teachings. Some people mess up at the beginning and they just keep going the wrong direction, until they hit the rock bottom. People dont listen to the signpost, but they collect them... 

I think that people can get a good basics by watching the videos Leo recommends us to start with on his website, but one must be honest to themselves to do that correctly... The way is very complicated. Some people even try to do the Work before getting rid of false assumptions and addictions.

Look man, there a lot of different people on this forum making posts left and right. But, so as with everything in life, you can choose what to focus on.

You can either:

• Make a topic about how much of a Yellow sage you are, and rant about how other people are in the dark.

OR

• You can be humble and ignore the BS around you. Finding the topics where real insights reside. Commenting on only things you have experienced directly. Not using this forum to show-off your Ego.

By doing the latter you will become the solution to the problem you pointed out. 

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Conflict is good in order to grow. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Arthur I agree on this with you, the things is, noone knows me here, noone here has a direct experience of my life on this forum. People have difficulties trusting me with this particular thing, thus making it impossible for me to talk with them meaningfully. I also want to do progress and take something from others, but its very hard, when people give me advice as if I was blue or orange. 

Dont you guys think, that you could grow yourself more or do something, that could inspire way more people, than just being on this forum? To me, it is no longer a win-win-win situation, I dont know if I am the only one thinking like this... Is there a solution to that? 

55 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

Dont you guys think, that you could grow yourself more or do something, that could inspire way more people, than just being on this forum? To me, it is no longer a win-win-win situation, I dont know if I am the only one thinking like this... Is there a solution to that? 

Yes, focus on awakening (meditation/self inquiry/staying conscious dyuring daytime) instead of coming in the meditation sub forum.

Huge waste of time.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Great, I am doing that everyday... It probaby cant be helped otherwise, was just curious...

I watch Leo's videos instead of watching Netflix.

It's not school or academics.

I can't imagine writing notes and studying notes while watching a show on Netflix haha

The "school" mindset sucks the joy out of beautiful things.

13 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

I don't post things to inspire people. haha

It's just a hobby.

It's okay to have hobbies outside of meditation and spiritual work.

If your everyday life feels like a mess, it is good to cut out all distractions.

At the beginning of the path, it is good to cut everything out cold turkey.

But overtime, you will begin to "integrate the entire world", without falling back into deep illusion.

Edited by Brittany

7 hours ago, Brittany said:

I watch Leo's videos instead of watching Netflix.

It's not school or academics.

I can't imagine writing notes and studying notes while watching a show on Netflix haha

The "school" mindset sucks the joy out of beautiful things.

What do you mean?

7 hours ago, Brittany said:

I don't post things to inspire people. haha

It's just a hobby.

It's okay to have hobbies outside of meditation and spiritual work.

If your everyday life feels like a mess, it is good to cut out all distractions.

At the beginning of the path, it is good to cut everything out cold turkey.

But overtime, you will begin to "integrate the entire world", without falling back into deep illusion.

Thanks, I still have to cut out some sublte addictions, but I have already got rid of the biggest problems, like Netflix for example xD 

I try to write my best on this forum, as it may change many peoples lives severely, if I dont do so.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:58 PM, ajasatya said:

sorry, this cannot be stopped.

Leo now starts to control every threads posted here :D Leo starts to be strict.. so yea it will be stop