Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM1988

Video Game Ideas

12 posts in this topic

I could basically make any game I wanted, im that good at programming. It just has to be 2D because everything else would be too much for a single person. I can make music and sound effects myself too. There is a lot of potential. I couldnt compete with big studios but thats not what I'm after, I dont want good graphics or tell a hollywood story.

What I'm after is some genius game mechanic or idea. Like what minecraft, tetris or pokemon was. Just something that wasnt there before in any way. I'm brainstorming in the back of my head for years now but all ideas are just ideas that already exist or combinations of various existing things and im not motivated to start working when im not 100% passionate about it. How can you get that AHA moment that just puts a genius idea into you head and makes everything fall into place? Is every idea really just a rehash of existing things? How to get your mind truly outside the box?

@MM1988 Rather try to contemplate your motivation to do such a thing... It might actually be a negative one, but I am not putting that as a fact, its just always a good thing to do. :) Maybe make a computer game associated with personal growth? I dont know, it just seems like a good idea to promote self-development to hard stuck orange people.

Some mind-fucking game like The Stanley Parable or Antichamber, but made in 2D?

@MM1988 This seems like you just want to be famous or get money... I might be wrong though... Contemplate it :)  

@MM1988 You know what would be very funny? If you learned, that you dont find any flow states in making video games and became a cult leader with a youtube channel. 

Research art forms and create maybe an awakening based game. 

Per example, World of Warcraft is so successful because the art forms in the game are based on gold and silver ratios (the graphics) with very good awakening story based lines. 

The old knowledge and ancient art forms are still the best to create something new. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 2018-10-10 at 9:13 PM, MM1988 said:

would be great but nobody wants to play that

the heros journey is basicly personal development.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

A game where ego shoots dots of procrastination at you, and you have to dodge them.
30 in-game days would take 10 minutes to complete, and grant 1 point. After 60 in-game days and 2 points, you have to battle a boss, ego brain with a big middlefinger shooting walls of procrastination, social life and drugs.

If you hit any of those obstacles, you lose 40 days of your progress.

And you can't win