Charlotte

Activism

56 posts in this topic

Could one be an activist without falling into the traps of ideologies?

The real question is:

How do you become the best effective activist possible ?

H6BYG00Z.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

How do you become the best effective activist possible ?

By permanently 'awakening' but I don't see that happening any time soon ? 

7 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Why not ?

God is love

And God in them

32 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Could one be an activist without falling into the traps of ideologies?

It depends on your definition of activism and ideological.

Everyone has a motivation to act. Even an enlightened teacher has a motivation - to teach, to help awaken others, to promote love etc. 

There is a range of intensity of action and ideology. At one end of the spectrum, a vegan might plant a bomb in a McDonald's because they serve so much meat. On the other end of the spectrum, a vegan may spend all day cooking a delicious vegan meal for a community pot-luck in an effort to raise awareness of how delicious and healthy vegan meals can be. They both have ideologies and are taking action. Yet, the intensity of the ideology and action differ.

In general, as one's conscious level increases they become less ideological and genuinely want to help other beings more.

@Shin ? I may be wrong.

23 minutes ago, Outer said:

Forget about that for now

Outer, I do do the practices, daily. I don't want to forget about this for now. I feel it is something I should do. 

@Serotoninluv Absolutely excellent point! You've given me great perspective there ? 

I do genuinely want to help other beings, I want to help beings that do not have a voice. I think what I have done is taken the word 'activist' and stereotyped it in a way that screams 'radicalist'. Hence the original question. 

@Charlotte If we say that to be awakened is to realize how life is game, you can still take part in the game whilst being detached from the consequences. activism is just another part of the game, right? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Yeah true BUT let's say hypothetically speaking I was to awaken tonight? The suffering of other would still continue wouldn't it? Just because I was enlightened that wouldn't take away others suffering no?

@Charlotte Yes the suffering of others would still continue. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Now a days i listen to Sadhguru, whom i knew from Leo's stage turquoise video.

He said something like this 'Confidence without clarity is a recipe for disaster'

Understanding is important, otherwise any work perceived as 'noble' can easily destroy or create disaster. So before doing any kind of activism, seek clarity first. I think it will help you in two ways :

1. You will not fall for ideology  trap.

2. Your activism will truly serve others.  @Charlotte

41 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Don't let awakening be an obstacle that keeps you from living life fully. 

How can you be an activist if you aren't actively participating in life?

Keep following your resonance to Truth. Learn to trust it more and more, and you will start to speak and act from that place. In that way, spirituality becomes your form of activism. But you'll never feel the need to change anything. It happens spontaneously. Joyously. There's no traps there. 

@lmfao ?

@Annoynymous how would I go about seeking clarity? I do understand and accept (only recently) why murder & torture happens every day.

@Outer so completely ignore the calling and do more self inquiry? It feels INCREDIBLY selfish to do so. I feel stubborn at the thought. 

@DoubleYou I will do just that thank you :) ?

4 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@lmfao 

@Annoynymous

@Outer so completely ignore the calling and do more self inquiry? It feels INCREDIBLY selfish to do so. I feel stubborn at the thought. 

@DoubleYou 

30 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Why ?

How merging with the whole would be selfish ?

It's like the selfless thing possible to do in life ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Outer very true and I resonate with what you have said but a silent mind will not speak for those who are in need?

@Shin because fundamentally I feel enlightenment is selfish. Why else do we seek enlightenment? Truly Shin?

5 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Annoynymous how would I go about seeking clarity? I do understand and accept (only recently) why murder & torture happens every day.

You have got many sources.

Actualize. Org is the biggest source that i have found in my life when i was confused. Still i am confused but in a bit better state.

Start with leo's video. Listen to them and try to contemplate. Do it for hours.

That's how i started.  Still studying.

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

@Outer very true and I resonate with what you have said but a silent mind will not speak for those who are in need?

@Shin because fundamentally I feel enlightenment is selfish. Why else do we seek enlightenment? Truly Shin?

8 minutes ago, Charlotte said:
34 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@lmfaolmfaoHhh

At first for totally selfish reason.

Now you should now that it is only to serve other.

Why would you destroy your sense of self if not for that ?

How could that be selfish ?

You do (already) realize that you will surrender all sense of control ?

God is love

And God in them

@Annoynymous I'm sorry I think I've misunderstood your response. I assumed you meant seeking clarity for why I want to voice for the vulnerable? Is this what you mean?

@Outer I get what your saying but I don't get what you're pointing to :/

@Shin Would be very interesting to start a thread on here and ask why people 'seek' enlightenment

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

@Shin Would be very interesting to start a thread on here and ask why people 'seek' enlightenment

A chance you have 10 fingers and a brain ?

God is love

And God in them