SoonHei

Recontextualization during hand watching exercise binary?

10 posts in this topic

Does it go from all your concepts about what the hand is to all of a sudden "something which cannot be named" 

So it's like a hand until it isn't anymore

Or are there levels to the recontextualization which approach slowly and slowly to complete non-contexual view of the hand?

Also, should any thoughts be suppressed during this exercise? Or simply just stare at the hand blankly and contemplate what it is?

Just ensuring it isn't like blank staring and letting the mind go in monkey-mind mode as is required during the do-nothing meditation...

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I am yet to try it in the following few days, so I have as much info as you do.

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

I dont think it can be said in words, Ive stared at things for about 1-2 years now and to be honest all that is happening (for me personally) is that I see the object but its slippery, my mind tries so hard to say ”this is what it is” but it cant, its just intangible. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

My heart was pounding hard, vision started to blurr and breathing heavier, my belly hurts and my spine was pinching, I couldn't sleep, I believe this is a good thing because I am aware of symptoms preceding enlightenment glimpse or experience. sadly, i resisted. I will push through

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

There are degrees of how conscious of your hand you are.

Psychedelics really help reveal this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I would also suggest that a useful addition is to look at the hand without images of past-future that you have of the hand. Since all the concepts you project on the hand looks like images of past-future, a good way to take those out is to look at your hand without projecting past-future images of the hand.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Nahm Yes that feels right. A simpler way of putting what @How to be wise explains

Here's a somewhat related story:

the other night i fell back asleep with both hands gripped around the pillow laying on my belly. When i again awoke, my hands had fallen completely asleep (one was so gone i felt as if i did not have a hand). As i turned around i noticed the dead weight in my arm as the hand hit the bed. 

If i wasn't so sleepy i would have enjoyed this little exercise :P

However i often like to do recontextualization exercises randomly throughout the day with anything in my visual. What a great way to appreciate the beauty of living. 

Edited by DrewNows