Cocolove

What do you think of this video?

9 posts in this topic

Here's my take on it:

-- Part I

His argument is very poor. Comparing absolute infinity to a marvel comic really makes no sense at all. Absolute infinity did not just invent the reality 'we' live in, it is ALL there IS. Stanley invented the Spiderman, but wasn't Spiderman himself, or never claimed to be.

-- Part II

If God is indeed absolute infinity, again it means that it is ALL there IS. It is 'you', it is 'me', it is that chair, etc. I feel like Tom has trouble understanding this, which is perfectly normal. I feel like anyone besides enlightened people have trouble understanding this.

I also don't think enlightened people consider 'themselves' from being above the laws of physics, that would just be plain stupid. They just know and understand that there's something above physics.

-- Part III

People giving teachings about non-dualism and saying that they are God don't really do it because of their ego... That's a ridiculous thing to assume...

You don't need to understand things in order to know they exist? An hermit making a direct experience of the moon by looking at it for the first time doesn't understand what he's seeing, but yet knows that there's is something radically different from the usual night sky right there.

T+ 13:00 What?

-- Part IV

Basically 5 minutes of endless contradictions.

I didn't give my take on everything he said. Feel free to quote or refute me if I'm wrong at some places.

I usually like Tom's videos. He gives useful advices on the use of psychedelics, and his trip reports are always pretty interesting to hear. But I feel like this video misses the point.

The editing job is really great though!

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Following with @FredFred post, for part I, he says that Spiderman is bounded by the universe's laws and this showed me that the person in the video doesn't understand what absolute infinity is then. Of course it's hard to understand absolute infinity but we can make some guesses. The reason Spiderman is bounded to the Marvel universe is because that Marvel universe is out of infinite amount of universes. If spiderman was not bounded to that universe, then it would not be infinite. Spiderman of course cannot manipulate or control the universe, since whatever action he is doing IS the universe and that it's playing itself out. 

Part II as well, having a hard time with infinity. Every single action we do is one combination of a infinite reality. This is the most basic way of understand infinity. If we were to go beyond laws of physics, then reality wouldn't be infinite. 

The real question is, how do we know if the infinity actually exists? We can't think outside can we to see if it does :P 

That's why I agree with the guy when he says we cannot understand fully of infinity or even enlightenment. This is because of the bounds of our universe and our subconscious mind. It's almost like we're not meant to learn it because it goes against infinity. The unknowing is part of infinity. Won't stop me from trying to understand though, I would rather just walk around in a circle then just sitting still and thinking about US politics and how that's fucking the world up. 

I may be wrong that we cannot understand. How can I know if we haven't tried :o

Also what he says about 5-meo-dmt is bullshit

You're not human, you're the universe

Lol...

If God is ALL, then what are you? Something outside the ALL?

Classic Zen devilry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Lol...

If God is ALL, then what are you? Something outside the ALL?

Classic Zen devilry.

What if "God is ALL" is not quite correct?  That would upset your applecart substantially.  Your entire view of Enlightenment would change.  I say this because I went through the shift myself.  Of course, it's only by you doing your own seeing that you're ever gonna challenge such a definitive axiom that you've built for yourself.  If fact, you don't challenge it, you'll have the awakening and then a shift.  Ego doesn't kill Ego, Truth kills Ego.  Keen seeing of reality kills Ego.  Ego tries to define reality or Truth to include itself.   God is not Ego.  God has nothing to do with Ego.  That's because Ego is a literal illusion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

God is not Ego.  God has nothing to do with Ego.

Man how can you say that god has nothing to with ego? Isn’t that just another duality? Are you claiming that the fundamental nature of reality is indeed separated/not whole?

6 hours ago, p1xelmonk said:

lol just maynor bein' a smartass again

^

It's Love.

@Joseph Maynor If non-duality is fully true (and thus false at the same time :P), how would Ego and God be separate?

If Ego is separation and duality itself, what is separating God from Ego, Mr. Turquoise? ;)

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.