Tm375

Someone help

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

I’m a 15 year old guy and my voice has been bothering me my whole life in middle school and high school. For starters I have a lisp, which I really fucking hate. Also, whenever I say anything, I’m asked to repeat myself, even when I try to speak clearly. My voice in general just sounds really childish and hard to understand. Please, someone reply, this is depressing me the fuck out, and I can’t take it

Try looking for a speech therapist in your area. I had a lisp when younger and a speech therapist helped.  There are exercises that can be done but best to do this with a professional as they can guide you.  I'm not sure if there are any online sources or courses but it could be worth a look.

Relax. Your voice is something you have immense capacity to control. Vocal resilience improves naturally when you fix your breathing habits and talk at a slower pace. And there are also plenty of resources available, you can start by scouring youtube for useful relevant videos. Chances are your high school can provide you with a speech therapist as well!

Stop fapping ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

First, you could have a "childish" voice and still sound good. For example, Duncan Trussell has said he sounds like a lesbian, but for some reason his voice is magnetic imo. 

Speaking of NoFap, here's a conversation about it on Joe Rogan. Pay attention to how Duncan (the other guy) speaks:  

Btw - I doubt NoFap will make your voice deeper.

Second, you could search for singing classes. This way, you'll learn how to breathe properly, speak with rhythm, and have musical sensitivity. In other words, you'll sound better. You gotta make sure to find a good teacher though.

Third, a speech therapist, as said above, can help with the lisping. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

THE YOGI VOCAL BREATH

The Yogis have a form of breathing to develop the voice. They are noted for their wonderful voices, which are strong, smooth and clear, and have a wonderful trumpet-like carrying power. They have practiced this particular form of breathing exercise which has resulted in rendering their voices soft, beautiful and flexible, imparting to it that indescribable, peculiar floating quality, combined with great power. The exercise given below will in time impart the above-mentioned qualities, or the Yogi Voice, to the student who practices it faithfully. It is to be understood, of course, that this form of breath is to be used only as an occasional exercise, and not as a regular form of breathing.

(1) Inhale a Complete Breath very slowly, but steadily, through the nostrils, taking as much time as possible in the inhalation.

p. 51

(2) Retain for a few seconds.

(3) Expel the air vigorously in one great breath, through the wide opened mouth.

(4) Rest the lungs by the Cleansing Breath.

This is from the book "THE HINDU-YOGI SCIENCE OF BREATH by YOGI RAMACHARAKA"

Check out the whole book on http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.pdf to see what a Complete Breathe is. It's just 71 pages.

Who knows, maybe it could help you?

also

Hope this helps :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

On 10/5/2018 at 1:49 AM, okulele said:

This is from the book "THE HINDU-YOGI SCIENCE OF BREATH by YOGI RAMACHARAKA"

Check out the whole book on http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.pdf to see what a Complete Breathe is. It's just 71 pages.

Who knows, maybe it could help you?

also

Hope this helps :)

Goodlooking on the post. Thumbs up

On 10/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, Tm375 said:

Hey everyone

I’m a 15 year old guy and my voice has been bothering me my whole life in middle school and high school. For starters I have a lisp, which I really fucking hate. Also, whenever I say anything, I’m asked to repeat myself, even when I try to speak clearly. My voice in general just sounds really childish and hard to understand. Please, someone reply, this is depressing me the fuck out, and I can’t take it

I believe, you should relax and continue talking the way you do and you will learn with time. I was in your shoes, I stayed at home most of my life under house arrest because my parents had weird constant nightmares and dreams of me getting killed or raped and so they become extra protective which I hated. When I got out to college and made friends and I embarrassed myself so much due inconsistency of my topics and constantly jumping and shuffling and repeating details from one topics to another and nothing made sense. So much people decided not to be my friends because of my talkative, childish, inconsistent, repetitive nature. I even tended to talk about the same stuff but within a year of constant embarrassment and bold moves and crazy situations and annoying people, I learned how to talk.  Watching Leos videos also helped me a lot.

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)