DaveB

are psychedelic really safe?

9 posts in this topic

are psychedelic really safe?

well i'm still considering trying them in the future for personal grow and spirituality, but after I saw this video.Not so sure anymore. What you think?

I think this is a good video. He is right to speak about these substances with great caution.

Trips can definitely get scary, unpredictable, or even terrifying depending on the substance.

I think it helps to have spiritual practices in place in order to be able to remain Calm and open. 

Another important point is to remember, that taking moderate to high doses are not necessary. 

You gotta be able to make the best of the worse case scenarios, to have that kind of hope is important.

It's hard to say whether its right for you. You will have to take that risk. I do not know who you are and even if you told me, I don't know deeply who you are. A psychedelic experience can be a serious serious experience. Other times, I wonder what I was so afraid about, lol. 

Granted I have not done Salvia, 5-meo, and all the various substances like 2-CB or LSA, or whatever. I am also careful about dosages and I only do high doses indoors.

I would never dial 911, fuck that, I'd rather die. Much better idea to have a trip sitter or someone who you can call.

------------

If you are still interested in trying them, but extremely worried, you can try them in a setting with shamans. There's Ayahuasca retreats and places to go to have a 5-meo experience with experienced shamans.

Edited by SgtPepper

Research a lot before, try to understand It conceptually before you do It and start with low dose, then you will be totally fine and will gain a lot of knowledge or/and lose a lot of crap.

No research and/or high dose? Very bad idea. Very high doses could rip your ego apart so hard that you could recover only in next life :D

@SgtPepper

thank you for your reply, yes for the first time I take a sitter or someone with experiences.

and what type of psychedelic you did? I would like to try psilocybin first.

This is a tricky thing because I would call the human brain the most varying organ among all humans. As you grow and shape and develop all the unique experiences come together and starts molding you.

Some people struggle to let go. Others do it freely. My first psychedelic was LSD and my progression was something like 100ug 8 times, 200ug 1x, 500ug 1x, 1000ug 1x, 800ug 1x, 700ug 1x, 1500ug 1x etc

Massive jumps in doses and I handled all of them relatively fine. 1mg had me stuck on the floor and freak a bit but I just breathed and was able to relax and submit. For other people this kind of progression could result in a total psychotic break. Or maybe you have a profound experience you are just not ready to handle which can cause similar results. Or maybe you are prone to underlying mental illnesses that a psych will accelerate its development.

Physically, most traditional psychedelics (I won't speak entirely for RCs, mixed bag) are safe. There is the HPPD risk people talk about. I found 1 single study in China that said LSD caused some form of photoreceptor damage, but its a single questionable study. Mental effects will vary wide and high and it mostly plays out to YOU doing the research and you knowing yourself to decide if you want this experience knowing the risks. 

Assuming best case scenario, yes, psychedelics are AMAZING tools for this kind of work.

Its always good to make sure to note that cgkid is talking about why he would never do them again due to his past experiences with them. Your mileage may vary.

7 hours ago, DaveB said:

@SgtPepper

thank you for your reply, yes for the first time I take a sitter or someone with experiences.

and what type of psychedelic you did? I would like to try psilocybin first.

I've experimented with Psilocybin, LSD, (both multiple times) and N-N DMT (twice).

I think Psilocybin and LSD are great first time substances, just do small doses. ie 1.5-2g of mushrooms and one regular dosed tab of LSD (~100ug).

DMT is the scariest for me because it is super powerful and fast acting.

I have also experienced short-term depersonalization episodes a few times during my experimentation. I always felt it was a combination of personal issues + the substance; in addition they were medium doses, not high doses. It also worth noting that I do tend to vape marijuana at the end of my LSD trips. This could have impact that is different than people who do not mix it. Note of warning, I do not recommend mixing psychedelics with marijuana, it can drastically effect the trip and I am speaking from experience. 

With all that said. Tripping can be a good, elevating, mind opening time. 

The classic psychedelics are generally safer than other chemical drugs but thats it. The psychological damage is the main concern.

Is life really safe? Why don't we just end our lives right now?

If you live in fear, you will never evolve.

Enjoy your life, do what you want, don't buy into shit, create your own reality.

If it makes you happy, by all means share the love!

B R E A T H E