NoOne

The Truth About Enlightenment As I See It

36 posts in this topic

You have to be crazy to go looking for it.  I think it's a trick of the mind that helps us hit the reset button on our emotions.  I found it through great pain and to maintain it is painful because it just hurts everyone around you to really be free to explore and discuss it.  i brought my wife and daughter to tears today sharing my new (true but ugly)  insights about the ugly potentials i saw for our family unit and I should know better.  I was getting ahead of myself, but these insights are angering my wife.  i need a middle way.  i don't want to go back to sleep, but can i find a way to control my mouth and learn how to speak to rational people without angering them?  I need to learn to poke more carefully at these illusions.  people love their illusions.  i love mine too.  I get that I am not, and I can feel that I am all. My imagined(?) responsibilities to my wife and daughter are all that is keeping me from running away to a monastery or something.  I would be freer there or somewhere, and I think maybe I would learn more quickly and deeply without the abrasion of my reality-blinded wife, or maybe conflict is good for growth.  I just don't want to fall asleep again, but I don't know how to cope with the real world now.

Make a decision, if you choose truth, go for it, but keep quiet. You'll end up divorced and in the Looney bin. Find yourself and the rest will follow. Even if you end up divorced and in the Looney bin,

It's fine to fall asleep again but this time be aware when you sleep :) 

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

My OH is already fed up with hearing about Eckhart Tolle and I'm not even particularly Enlightened or anything.

5 hours ago, NoOne said:

I just don't want to fall asleep again, but I don't know how to cope with the real world now.

Dude, first of all relax.

I can really recommend to you to first actualize yourself, so that you have a strong basis to do this search. Look some of Leo's older videos and buy some books on the topic and really get it down, maybe for a year or however long you need. This work is very, very challenging at some times. You maybe come through phases in which you question the whole thing because you feel so shitty.

Then there are other phases in which you can really connect to what is around you. It cycles. But it's important to be strong to deal with this. How can you be able to even wake up, if you can't deal with it? Ask yourself that, will you wake up that way?

Also, there are ways and theories how to deal with the everyday world. Buddhism talks about the private Buddha and the one who comes back to society, gets involved in everyday games but brings his wisdom with him.

So, there are ways to get a normal life and seeking for truth together. But, I'd really recommend to you to sit down at first and think this thing through to save yourself and your family unnecessary troubles.

Cheers, B|

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

What's the rush? You have a responsibility that you've taken on to raise your child. Why not wait to be enlightened when your child is an adult, or when you die?

Keep living your life as normal, don't talk about any of this too much with your family.  Don't freak your kid or wife out, they probably need your help.  Do everything internally without talking about it.  Be free inside without running off from your family.  Like just be really present and mindful while being around your family, but only you know about your family situation.

Edited by Mulky

23 hours ago, NoOne said:

You have to be crazy to go looking for it.  I think it's a trick of the mind that helps us hit the reset button on our emotions.  I found it through great pain and to maintain it is painful because it just hurts everyone around you to really be free to explore and discuss it.  i brought my wife and daughter to tears today sharing my new (true but ugly)  insights about the ugly potentials i saw for our family unit and I should know better.  I was getting ahead of myself, but these insights are angering my wife.  i need a middle way.  i don't want to go back to sleep, but can i find a way to control my mouth and learn how to speak to rational people without angering them?  I need to learn to poke more carefully at these illusions.  people love their illusions.  i love mine too.  I get that I am not, and I can feel that I am all. My imagined(?) responsibilities to my wife and daughter are all that is keeping me from running away to a monastery or something.  I would be freer there or somewhere, and I think maybe I would learn more quickly and deeply without the abrasion of my reality-blinded wife, or maybe conflict is good for growth.  I just don't want to fall asleep again, but I don't know how to cope with the real world now.

Don't share too much with anyone. Reticence will be necessary in most of your interactions regarding this topic. If you feel like conversing regarding enlightenment, you can use this forum for that or interact with others on the same journey.

Just think about how much you've had to explore to be able to understand the things that you now understand. Most people don't even see the benefit in this, and that's valid too. It can be unnerving that your wife doesn't get it, because it's very often a lonely, uncomfortable process. But keep in mind that you can only become enlightened in the present moment... the content within that present moment is arbitrary.

Your family isn't holding you back from enlightenment... this is an illusion. One that I've grappled with myself. This idea is an ego-defense to keep you from waking up. Your thoughts say, "If only I had time... I need time to become enlightened... it takes years... etc." But it doesn't. It only takes one moment because there is only one moment.

On the more practical level, it's important to tend to the gardens that you're responsible for. You only have one family and only so much time. Accept everything in your life the way it is. Trust your pain and discomfort. Don't resist what is. Push forward. Non-resistance and unconditional love toward whatever is, is a necessary ingredient for the paradigm shift of enlightenment.

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Dont run away from it, accept your reality, all of it. Accept your wife and kids, let them just be..while you stand on the sideline knowing whats going on. You can still do "ego things" like watching a realityshow with your family. That way you can use the moment to remember that you are awake and to keep beeing awake. Like you can still go make alot of money and still be enlightend, but you are aware that money dont have that value to you as to others who are asleep. You can still enjoy them as to speak.

Show everyone your love and compassion, dont interfere and try to change reality, just watch it happen, let it just be. Enlightenment is as @Emerald Wilkins  wrote "in the moment", there is just one moment. It is so deilcate, you dont need your life to change, you need your perspective to change. Nothing in reality needs to be changed, thats just ego mind. 

@NoOne

Once you would get to the monastery the only thing you'd think about is your home and family.

Your home and your family is your Zen monastery and exercises right here right now. You are waiting and looking for a bus that is already at the station. I believe life always gives exactly what you what you need to be in the now, there is nothing else to have. Once you become aware of it, you can choose be thankful for it! Changing surroundings is what the ego always want. Accepting and embrace all there is, is what you need to do to feel long lasting happiness, there is no other way to enlightenment!

There is nothing to wish for, this is it man! This is the perfect moment, nothing more, nothing less. The world, your life, your family, your baby and your wife are perfection, this moment is the absolute perfection.

Tell them you truly love them for what they are, that you are sorry to have been blinded by personal interests. Look at them, like you never looked at them before, make love to your wife like you never made love before and play with your daughter! Recognize the miracles in all this and be grateful you could finally see it at last! You have the ability to see it in every moment of your life. Make a mindful practice out of seeing the beautiful in the most challenging moments!

As you become aware of a negative emotion, see that this is your body's reaction to not accepting what is, in other words, you are having a negative thought. Change perspective, see your expectations and responsibility in the emotions you are experiencing. Be thankful as your body reacts the way it should, in that sense, that it is working perfectly, send your love and gratitude towards him and yourself. Be thankful for the Zen exercise that comes in your way. You are the light! 

Take care my friend and good luck in your monastery:)!

Edited by Nic

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

14 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Don't share too much with anyone. Reticence will be necessary in most of your interactions regarding this topic. If you feel like conversing regarding enlightenment, you can use this forum for that or interact with others on the same journey.

Just think about how much you've had to explore to be able to understand the things that you now understand. Most people don't even see the benefit in this, and that's valid too. It can be unnerving that your wife doesn't get it, because it's very often a lonely, uncomfortable process. But keep in mind that you can only become enlightened in the present moment... the content within that present moment is arbitrary.

Your family isn't holding you back from enlightenment... this is an illusion. One that I've grappled with myself. This idea is an ego-defense to keep you from waking up. Your thoughts say, "If only I had time... I need time to become enlightened... it takes years... etc." But it doesn't. It only takes one moment because there is only one moment.

On the more practical level, it's important to tend to the gardens that you're responsible for. You only have one family and only so much time. Accept everything in your life the way it is. Trust your pain and discomfort. Don't resist what is. Push forward. Non-resistance and unconditional love toward whatever is, is a necessary ingredient for the paradigm shift of enlightenment.

I like your response.  I also think that by running away from family and life in general, one is actually running away from their spirituality.  The wife and child aren't the spiritual problem, but rather the spiritual solution.

2 hours ago, Ramu said:

I like your response.  I also think that by running away from family and life in general, one is actually running away from their spirituality.  The wife and child aren't the spiritual problem, but rather the spiritual solution.

Thank you. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

18 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Your thoughts say, "If only I had time... I need time to become enlightened... it takes years... etc." But it doesn't. It only takes one moment because there is only one moment.

Beautiful response..  I see alot of wisdom here. Thanks for sharing @Emerald Wilkins

On 3/29/2016 at 0:19 AM, NoOne said:

You give those people love and blessings until you are blue in the face.  Why?  Because that's your spirituality in action.  Running away and disagreement is not the way.  If someone insults you, compliment them.  Why?  Because they were obviously abused verbally before. As someone blessed with the Light of Consciousness you can end it that way.  By blessing them and by complimenting them you end this vicious cycle with LOVE.

@99th_monkey lolol so true ruined my relationship because I'm going a bit berserk but I think I'm finally coming out of it,

I'm letting the monkey chatter do whatever the fuck it wants almost at all times and it feels so FREE!

1 hour ago, werlight said:

Beautiful response..  I see alot of wisdom here. Thanks for sharing @Emerald Wilkins

Thank you. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

8 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

@Emerald Wilkins Yeah that was a pretty supreme response

:) 

Emotionalmastery.org

16 hours ago, Nic said:

@NoOne

Once you would get to the monastery the only thing you'd think about is your home and family.

Your home and your family is your Zen monastery and exercises right here right now. You are waiting and looking for a bus that is already at the station. I believe life always gives exactly what you what you need to be in the now, there is nothing else to have. Once you become aware of it, you can choose be thankful for it! Changing surroundings is what the ego always want. Accepting and embrace all there is, is what you need to do to feel long lasting happiness, there is no other way to enlightenment!

There is nothing to wish for, this is it man! This is the perfect moment, nothing more, nothing less. The world, your life, your family, your baby and your wife are perfection, this moment is the absolute perfection.

Tell them you truly love them for what they are, that you are sorry to have been blinded by personal interests. Look at them, like you never looked at them before, make love to your wife like you never made love before and play with your daughter! Recognize the miracles in all this and be grateful you could finally see it at last! You have the ability to see it in every moment of your life. Make a mindful practice out of seeing the beautiful in the most challenging moments!

As you become aware of a negative emotion, see that this is your body's reaction to not accepting what is, in other words, you are having a negative thought. Change perspective, see your expectations and responsibility in the emotions you are experiencing. Be thankful as your body reacts the way it should, in that sense, that it is working perfectly, send your love and gratitude towards him and yourself. Be thankful for the Zen exercise that comes in your way. You are the light! 

Take care my friend and good luck in your monastery:)!

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

-dalai lama