ULFBERHT

Your Entire Life Is Right Now

8 posts in this topic

I think I had a mini-insight this afternoon.

I was out and about with my wife, running some errands, when I caught myself thinking about the future, and how good it'll be and how happy I'll be when I finally do "x",  and achieve "y",  and experience "z". In that moment I realized that, in a way, my entire life is RIGHT NOW, and that being happy in the future doesn't make any sense if everything is, in fact, RIGHT NOW. I don't exactly know how to articulate it, because I'm not saying we shouldn't strive or work toward something or be ambitious. It was just a sense that I was wasting my time and making myself uncomfortable waiting for any other moment than RIGHT NOW to be exactly the kind of person I want to be and do exactly the kinds of things I want to do.

If everything is right now, how does that change how I live my life right now? It makes me feel like I really want to get to work and start being the best version of myself right fucking now.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? How can we fully live in the present? Is that even possible?

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

Well described.

Thank you for sharing your insights with us.

Yes, it is possible to live in the present moment.

You just have to remind yourself about the present moment on a daily basis.

For example, when you go at the bathroom or when you brush your teeth, bring up the present moment.

Practice this every single day and your mind will focus on the present moment by default.

Don't forget about mindfulness meditation. It can help you a lot.

Me on the road less traveled.

Wow this was amazing! Thank you

To @ULFBERHT and whoever else may read this. Got a question which pops up about embodying this...

6 hours ago, ULFBERHT said:

waiting for any other moment than RIGHT NOW to be exactly the kind of person I want to be and do exactly the kinds of things I want to do.

About this...

What if I want to travel the world and not worry about money?

That's something which could be stopping me "right now" from doing it...

Need to pay bills, etc...

Sounds like living in the present to be super happy may be done by not having any desires... Then one can just be happy in the moment cuz nothing to do and rest comes from the understanding of this threads topic...

Guess direct understanding of it will take care of the "financial" aspect of this issue...

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@ULFBERHT

8 hours ago, ULFBERHT said:

If everything is right now, how does that change how I live my life right now? It makes me feel like I really want to get to work and start being the best version of myself right fucking now.

You're contradicting yourself.

You say you want to be the best version of yourself right fucking now.  Well that's impossible because the self doesn't exist.  You're always working towards your higher self, it's a never ending process of mastery.  Your mind is focused too much on the end results.  Enjoy the process more, enjoy who you are now like you said, while working towards being your best self.  

Also you should read the book Mastery by George Leonard, it would really help you get out of this 'right now shit.' 

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.