Pernani

Can you escape wage slavery before becoming one?

12 posts in this topic

In @Leo Gura's video about wage slavery he said that it's very very difficult to escape wage slavery and that the best way to do it is to not even become one in the first place, but how the hell is that possible ? Dont you need to get a job first to make money that u can live off, and that you can use to break off on your own while at the same time work on your side hustle until you have enough success to become independent ? 

Or maybe what he meant is that you should've been working on your skills and vision before you reach the age where u need to start making your own living ?

I'm saying this because I don't have a job yet but I'm gonna need one very soon, and the plan was that I keep working the job and at the same time work on my vision and my life purpose (when i discover it) until I finally have the freedom to dedicate all of my time it

By starting early. By committing to it 100% without giving yourself a wiggle room.

Ideally, you should start before you are admitted into a middle school.

Edited by CreamCat

There is a lot of scenarios where one can avoid becoming a wage slave. The thing is no one knows you enough to tell which option will be applicable for you. You need to be resourceful.

5 hours ago, Pernani said:

I'm saying this because I don't have a job yet but I'm gonna need one very soon, and the plan was that I keep working the job and at the same time work on my vision and my life purpose (when i discover it) until I finally have the freedom to dedicate all of my time it

Having a full-time, draining job and working on life purpose as a side task is actually harder than hustling, living on potatoes and putting all efforts in developing LP. It is possible, but harder.

@Pernani You're not likely to avoid wage slavery entirely. You'll probably have to do some amount of it in the beginning.

That's not too big of a problem if it's part of your escape strategy.

The issue is, most people never even had an escape strategy. Then it's really hard to escape.

Most people are like that squirrel who didn't stock up on acorns for winter. Winter is not the problem. The problem is you didn't prepare, and now you're cornered.

Now you gotta work twice as hard to find a solution.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have heard it said that a job is about survival, and if you have a fairly regular wage or subsidy, you may get used to that level of income, "hedonic adaptation". Wage sounds a bit like taking a bet that your productivity will likely meet or stimulate consumer demand, within a certain time frame.

Supply creates, demand. "Say's Law". There has to be a supply, before there can be demand.

3 hours ago, LaraGreenbridge said:

@Pernani,

maybe you will find a job within the self-actualisation field, if that is your passion?

Wouldn't that be antithetical to self-actualisation?

---------------------

What I'm after is a degree of psychological certainty in action, maybe deluded I don't know. "Screw your courage to the sticking place and all will be well." Macbeth.

Working a job is not the problem, it's the mentality that the job cements into you that's the problem. Go ahead and get a job to save money for your own business or dream, but be super careful not to become submissive / a follower in the process. Do your best while you're there, but plan to leave as fast as possible. Be careful NOT to let them condition you into a submissive mentality. And I mean super careful. Because once you lose your drive to escape even a little bit, they've got you by the balls and you may never escape. Good luck.

50 minutes ago, Pernani said:

@CreamCat @Girzo @K VIL How's that possible without an initial source of income?

@Leo Gura @EternalForest That's what I was thinking too, but it does make it twice as hard rather than just committing 100%

By asking your parents to fund your career. If you are a teenager, your parents might buy some equipments for you.

If you were a little boy or a little girl, your parents would die for you.

Ask your parents to fund your career when you are young.

If you are young and sure about your life purpose, you can ask them to allow you to quit school and pursue life purpose. To your parents, funding your life purpose when you are young is going to be a cheaper option than funding 12~15 years of education.

If your life purpose doesn't require a college degree, this is a good option. For example, a farmer, an artist, a freelancing programmer, and so on.

It's good for kids to figure out their life purpose early in life. Leo said you should start early so as not to become a wage slave in the first place. Start early, and you will be good.

Edited by CreamCat

You need to have something initially. Like shelter from your parents, a car, or experience in some field.

There are many freelance jobs that one can take, or low-entry bussiness ideas like carpet cleaning.

These often tend to become a wage-slavery, but at least teach you something more than working typical 9-5 job.