Pernani

Does yoga help with physical ailments ?

10 posts in this topic

My friend who's in his early 20s suffers from a condition of sciatica, he went to a doctor and they told him that he had to take a surgery which is a pretty risky and a tough choice, especially in a 3rd world country. And since he was running out of options I thought maybe their could be some alternative ways to deal with the problem, like yoga maybe?

Idk if it would help or make the condition even worse, any thoughts or experiences?

15 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Sleeping on the floor can do wonders to the spine

He told me he's been doing that for three years now, it still hasn't fixed the problem

stretching for just a few minutes a day can make a difference and relieve pain so yes on the yoga

or any stretches

also, he needs good shoes, good desk chair, good posture...

a physical therapist would help to make sure he's doing the stretches right

6 hours ago, Pernani said:

He told me he's been doing that for three years now, it still hasn't fixed the problem

Well... Proper Yoga has lots of potential here. It could do miracles to him. The question is: is he willing to invest a little bit of time and energy to receive it in a proper way. 

Two months of yoga reduced my upper and lower back pain by about 80%. I average 45min. a day, six days a week. I started noticing improvement after about 1 month.

@Pernani What’s his approx: age, height, weight, and overall fitness, and how’s his diet, specifically with sugar and carbonated beverages?  Has he got a second opinion on surgery being needed? Has he seen a chiropractor or wholistic practicioner?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE