DrewNows

Authenticity: ego desire vs true desire

25 posts in this topic

I recently heard these two phrases and I am not sure if there is a difference. 

My thoughts are "true desire" is not really a desire but more of a "knowing" (feeling) without any projected outcome. 

Would anyone care to elaborate or share their understanding? 

Also interested in hearing peoples views on this, actually I was thinking about starting a somewhat similar topic earlier today.

It’s tricky. In some cases I can immediately intuit that something is either authentic or ego talking, but other times everything just seem like more or less sneaky mind tricks. Contemplating intuition haven’t made this much clearer for me yet..

4 hours ago, DrewNows said:

I recently heard these two phrases and I am not sure if there is a difference. 

My thoughts are "true desire" is not really a desire but more of a "knowing" (feeling) without any projected outcome. 

Would anyone care to elaborate or share their understanding? 

Maybe true desire is not really a desire, it is simply the impulse/drive of freedom/liberation, the natural state... No one has this 'desire'. It is self, liberating itself, asserting/claiming it's own freedom, IOW being itself.

@DrewNows ego desire: achieve feeling some way through an outcome or avoid feeling pain and adversity through defensiveness

natural desire: hey this would be so cool! I don’t rely on it to feel a certain way, yet I would love to see that happen as an expression of my truth.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@DrewNows True desire is aligned with life purpose, the authentic dream life which is the ‘fittest’ with environment, society, etc effortless unfolding, unification, ‘connected’. Fapping all day, getting high, getting drunk, playing video games,  are egoic desires / distractions from the whole / genuine desire. Then, deeper, is unconditional desire experienced now directly, a literal unconditional expression of awareness, like love, compassion, misogyny, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's roughly the difference between what Buddhism calls "desire" vs. "craving", or "skillful desire" vs. "unskillful desire."

Authentic desires are "natural."

Ego desires' purpose is to defend/prop up the ego.

Edited by Haumea2018

@Haumea2018"natural" haha love it thanks dude. I have seriously been mixing the two up for some time now thinking i shouldn't desire questioning my own motives. 

@Nahm unconditional desire, interesting! I prefer a quick fix, instant gratification, but you know...it just never lasts ;) cheers Nahm

@Martin123 authentic creation or expression, because that's just what it is! YES :) 

"natural" haha love it thanks dude. I have seriously been mixing the two up for some time now thinking i shouldn't desire questioning my own motives. 

Yes, you will desire as long as you have a body and a modicum of health, enlightenment or not.

Desire in the context of an integrated psyche is quite different than desire in the context of a fragmented psyche, to put it in psychological terms.

I dare say desire is that which pushes our collective universality to imagine allself into life

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

It seems that there is no desire in truth. Only ego desires. One may think not all desires are negative or bad, and some are quite necessary and fundamental. Nevertheless they all come the ego.

@SamraDoes this mean there is no actual transcendence of the ego? Or maybe I am mistaken and there is no such thing as an ego

21 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Just for the record, the misogyny was a joke. I find it weird that it was read and missed. 

:DxD now that you mention it

6 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@SamraDoes this mean there is no actual transcendence of the ego? Or maybe I am mistaken and there is no such thing as an ego

I say neither. Desire comes from the feeling of lacking, or incompleteness. Only ego has the feelings of wanting. Truth has no desire. Truth needs nothing. Truth is what it is, and has no good or bad quality to it. I am not saying desire is bad in any way. I like desire, and am okay with desire. I am also okay with no desire. But I can see that my desires can cause me some trouble. I take responsibility for that.

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Arkandeus I’m suspicious no one is reading anything.

Oh yeah. We are mostly doing monologues :))) but I think that's just human nature.

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Arkandeus I’m suspicious no one is reading anything.

hmm in my case I did read your post before, I do read more vibrationally, so to specific words or even sentences I do not pay much attention

no worries brother or sister, we all love to see you post! I do especially8