Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

Beautiful Quote which illustrates why Seeking must End

13 posts in this topic

"If you are looking for your True Self it can be only where you are. The play of the seeker is like looking for the Darkness with a Lamp."

- Mauro Bergonzi

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

F.Nietzsche 

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

The end to the seeker is exactly what the seeker seeks.

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

"If you are looking for your True Self it can be only where you are. The play of the seeker is like looking for the Darkness with a Lamp."

- Mauro Bergonzi

@SoonHei That's good. Reminds me of the story where a guy is outside searching for something under a lampost. Some passerby's come and ask "Are you looking for something?" He replies "I lost my keys". So they help him search for the keys and after some time one of them says "I don't see them anywhere around here. Are you sure this is where you lost them?" He replies "No I lost them in the house but it's too dark to search in there".

@SoonHei Here's a good one "Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why there is only darkness"

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

The end to the seeker is exactly what the seeker seeks.

If one seeks the end of seeking the seeker seeks it's own end....so, it's seeker suicide so to speak.

Edited by SOUL

36 minutes ago, SOUL said:

If one seeks the end of seeking the seeker seeks it's own end....so, it's seeker suicide so to speak.

I love it! haha

Seek and ye shall find ;)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Blows my friggin mind. I've only encountered this enlightenment stuff in the last month...it's so hard to get familiar with it. If I am the darkness and my mind is the lamp, the only way to find myself is to swtich the lamp off

@Aaron p i wish it was as easy as switching off the lamp

sure, when the lamp is out, the darkness is revealed

but "switching the lamp off"  would be an action

an action or a doing will not accomplish the goal. any action or movement gives fuel to the Lamp to keep it lit.

what is required, instead, is a "non-action" / "non-doing" which is not an "easy task"

it's the "relaxation of a doing". the doing you/I are doing right now, which is mind chatter/labelling. we tell ourselves, oh, let's put the lamp out and then we will find what we are seeking. then we start looking at ways to turn the lamp of (which in turn is keeping it lit and adding more fuel to it) 

this needs to be overcome somehow :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, Aaron p said:

Blows my friggin mind. I've only encountered this enlightenment stuff in the last month...it's so hard to get familiar with it. If I am the darkness and my mind is the lamp, the only way to find myself is to swtich the lamp off

@Aaron p A shift in awareness from small mind to big mind is what's needed to keep up with this stuff. Better hold on because small mind is about to go bye-bye. Stole that from The Matrix.