Faceless

The phenomenon of fragmentation

562 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Faceless  Its the thought on thought loop.? I can see... A thought —->Fragmenting itself into much more... I a thought thinking and conceptualising another thought...and so on

As long as we see that there is only thought in movement, and “the i” with its compulsion to control other fragments like fear, jealousy, anger, and so on, is just another fragment, then we will not get caught up that loop. If we see the truth in the fact of this, there is  no further conflict. As conflict implies a division between the i and what it wants to control. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless “i can feel the thing... I feel myself in this Loop... i have been fooling myself all the time” if I was to say this, Would it be a consequence of The fragmented self...!?

?IngitScooby ?

2 minutes ago, Ingit said:

I feel myself in this Loop.

Indeed..the self is the loop. 

2 minutes ago, Ingit said:

Would it be a consequence of The fragmented self...!?

Yes, the fact of this phenomenon is the consequence of divided action (fragmentation) of the self. 

@Faceless Agree.... We need to observe that thing going on..Instead of letting it continously run......and then see the distortion in it ... we are all good... 

?IngitScooby ?

57 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Faceless Agree.... We need to observe that thing going on..Instead of letting it continously run......and then see the distortion in it ... we are all good... 

Right there needs to be an (understanding-seeing), that we are feeding into that divisive movement. 

If we are not aware that we are feeding the loop then we keep nourishing that loop, (the continuity of fragmentation). 

Edited by Faceless

So to observe/be aware of, we need to be able to identify what is divided action.

Then there can be awareness of what we have understood as fragmentation. 

Then we don’t persistently move within that same pattern of division. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Thanks... helped a lot... ! One thing that during the cycle which is self feeding fragmented... sometimes it seems impossible to just stop the Loop knowing all this... What is going on !!! it just brings on more Anxiety

?IngitScooby ?

49 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Faceless Thanks... helped a lot... ! One thing that during the cycle which is self feeding fragmented... sometimes it seems impossible to just stop the Loop knowing all this... What is going on !!! it just brings on more Anxiety

Only attention without action as “the i” stops feeding the loop. 

And if there is (no attention), be aware/attentive of the inattention. 

We can not force ourselves to be attentive as that implies fragmented action. But there can be attention that we are inattentive. Do you see the beauty in this? 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I can feel but as you said the last line  “But we can be aware that we are inattentive”  doesn’t that signify another fragmented part???  ? this is making me crazy... more and more fragments

?IngitScooby ?

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

We can not force ourselves to be attentive as that implies fragmented action. But we can be aware that we are inattentive. Do you see the beauty in this? 

If there is attention to inattentiveness doesn’t that bring a hault to further divided action?

Edited by Faceless

Example.....

It’s like being attentive that we are being inattentive when walking to fast in a jungle full of the numerous dangers that jungle presents. 

When there is attention to that inattention that ends that inattention.

This is perhaps the best way to start attention and have that grow into awareness. 

But first there must be an understanding of all the possible dangers and how to identify those dangers as dangerous, in order to be attentive-aware of them. 

Edited by Faceless

If there is no recognition (understanding) as somthing being dangerous, what good is attention-awareness to it?

Make sense?

If not, it’s ok. Keep at it. 

Once you get this, then there is freedom. Then there can be a going beyond to perhaps, truth, or the unknown. 

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

If there is no recognition (understanding) as somthing being dangerous, what good is attention-awareness. 

Right right

?IngitScooby ?

3 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Faceless yes cool got it ??????

A1DEFFB3-4A8C-47BB-B2B4-E94B83F5280D.jpeg

Try keeping it to simply “I am”. Anything added after “I am” is a mental construct. 

39 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Faceless I can feel but as you said the last line  “But we can be aware that we are inattentive”  doesn’t that signify another fragmented part???  ? this is making me crazy... more and more fragments

It is not awareness-attention through the lens of “I” that’s being referred to. You’re quite right — if that were the case it’d be just another fragment-division in operation. 

It is whole, undivided, passive attention. Unconditioned attention. Attention of a different quality than the usual divided attention through the lens of “I”, which always has a motive, desire, effort (i.e distorting effect) as it attends.

Edited by robdl

30 minutes ago, robdl said:

It is not attention through the lens of “I” that’s being referred to. You’re quite right — if that were the case it’d be just another fragment-division in operation. 

It is whole, undivided, passive attention. Unconditioned attention. Attention of a different quality than the usual divided attention through the lens of “I”, which always has a motive, desire, effort (i.e distorting effect) as it attends.

Indeed...

Anything through the lens of “the i” is the result of inattention. 

I refer to the lens as a response of concentrated thought, which is always directed in a specific direction. 

Or as @robdl said, (motive, desire, effort), or (choice as the i). All one and the same movement of fragmented action. 

Edited by Faceless