Robert

This is the point of life.

35 posts in this topic

I thought happiness was just a state.. and you find your treasures in your unhappiness. So expanding the phrase a little if I may: 

The point of life includes happiness and unhappiness

@joej It's not "just a state." Happiness goes way deeper than many people think. I lack the ability to put it into words.

Now I wonder: can I even put happiness into words? Hm...

@Good-boy Those are false beliefs you have which contribute greatly to your suffering. Stop thinking of life that way.

Life is a gift. It's the last thing you want to take for granted.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

9 minutes ago, Good-boy said:

So life is not a dream?

No!

Why do you think life is a dream?

Edited by Robert

Happiness is a giant red herring, stay away from such low-level concepts.

Edited by Devil

22 minutes ago, Devil said:

is it the fruit of evil ? is happiness a evil carot ?

Nietzshe told that "happiness" is born in english culture ( the want to feel "happy" ) he call it a delusion, and say that it makes man miserable.

your feeling on this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

Hey, this is leo for actualized.org

Edited by CreamCat

If everything is mind, everything is an illusion or dream-like state. But this is only evident to the all mind. This is what we'd call absolute truth.

Relative truth is what is real to us. It not a dream at all to us. And if we act like it is, the laws of the universe will cause us to hurt ourselves. Keep your mind on the stars, but your eyes on your feet.

A point or purpose of life is a very tricky thing because in what perspective do we look at it from? From the reason why we are manifested from mind? How we should live our life in a optimal way? What way is defined as optimal?

Happiness and unhappiness is a very yin yang thing. I think both are pretty vital for growth and too much of one or the other is bad. Although I will say in our happy loving state we are at our highest.

The point of life is to exist. Existence is knowledge. We are just one of the infinite possibilities being played out. And ultimately how the existence is spent in the human body is all dependent on you or rather mind decides to spend it.

@Robert Great topic, I thought this related to what you refer, I bolded what stood out for me and I think is basically what you're saying:

From ACIM:

T-22.II.3. Illusions carry only guilt and suffering, sickness and death, to their believers.

2 The form in which they are accepted is irrelevant.

3 No form of misery in reason's eyes can be confused with joy.

4 Joy is eternal.

5 You can be sure indeed that any seeming happiness that does not last is really fear.

6 Joy does not turn to sorrow, for the eternal cannot change.

7 But sorrow can be turned to joy, for time gives way to the eternal.

8 Only the timeless must remain unchanged, but everything in time can change with time.

9 Yet if the change be real and not imagined, illusions must give way to truth, and not to other dreams that are but equally unreal.

10 This is no difference.

Grace

On 8/29/2018 at 7:51 PM, Devil said:

Lol!

On 8/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, Strikr said:

what makes you think that life isn't a dream ?

I don't think, I know.

We're here.

On 8/29/2018 at 8:15 PM, Strikr said:

is it the fruit of evil ? is happiness a evil carot ?

Nietzshe told that "happiness" is born in english culture ( the want to feel "happy" ) he call it a delusion, and say that it makes man miserable.

your feeling on this ?

Don't worry about his opinion. He's most likely a troll.

@Shadowraix

Happiness (yin) - the point of life.

Unhappiness (yang) - not the point of life.

Your thoughts?

On 8/30/2018 at 6:54 AM, MiracleMan said:

@Robert Great topic, I thought this related to what you refer, I bolded what stood out for me and I think is basically what you're saying:

From ACIM:

T-22.II.3. Illusions carry only guilt and suffering, sickness and death, to their believers.

2 The form in which they are accepted is irrelevant.

3 No form of misery in reason's eyes can be confused with joy.

4 Joy is eternal.

5 You can be sure indeed that any seeming happiness that does not last is really fear.

6 Joy does not turn to sorrow, for the eternal cannot change.

7 But sorrow can be turned to joy, for time gives way to the eternal.

8 Only the timeless must remain unchanged, but everything in time can change with time.

9 Yet if the change be real and not imagined, illusions must give way to truth, and not to other dreams that are but equally unreal.

10 This is no difference.

This is not what I said. Read all of my posts in this thread.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:22 AM, Torkys said:

I just think what you wrote answers another question.

How come I am not depressed then? Has Leo been hiding his suicidal thoughts for years now?

And I gave a reason why nihilism causes these things (+ existential crises).

Honestly, the idea that happiness is the meaning of life never appealed to me. There are much nobler, deeper things in life than maintaining the conditions for happiness. Yes, following your Joy may be a direct spiritual path but that path will turn upside down once you follow it for long enough.

And I don't see any inherent meaning in life.

Sorry to say but there isn't happiness to be found in nihilism. It's not really liberating so much as it is just realizing that there is no point to anything you do. That quickly robs you of any reason for doing

@Thanatos13 Joy is a state of flowing with life and the only thing blocking you from it is Resistance/Ignorance/Attachment/Falsehood (these are the same and only highlight a certain aspect of the substance of the ego). Resisting and not embracing the idea of nihilism is just another condition you put onto your Joy.

When you have no reason to do anything over anything else, you are liberated, not put into a cage. The only reason you may want to have a reason for doing is that you resist not having a reason for acting. After all, not acting / Being is all meditation and spiritual work is trying to accomplish.

"Just be - with nothing to run away from and nowhere to go"

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Thanks, all.

shutterstock_518606560.jpg

It's never okay for us to allow someone to be unhappy because happiness is the point of life!!!

Everyone deserves happiness, so I wish you all the greatest happiness. :)

Happiness! This is the fucking point of life. ?

@Robert It seems to me that what you are doing is making a distinction between happiness and not-happiness. And you say that the point of life is this one part of life: happiness. That's what you value. And the other part of life, not-happiness? You try to avoid it or deny it. But what are you going to do when not-happiness occurs?

Might there be value in not-happiness? Could you imagine a situation in which something is more important than being happy?

@FrgttnDeer Read this entire thread from beginning to end, then maybe you'll get what I'm saying.

Happiness is not merely a part of life, it is literally the entire fucking point. Everyone is owed happiness the moment they are born.

That's why I will not stand for an unhappy life. I'm aware of my birthright, and I made this thread so you can be aware of your birthright too.

I fully acknowledge unhappiness, but I will not stand for it in the grand scheme of things. Unhappiness is not why we're here!