Stoica Doru

Why you should talk less. Talking, a subtle addiction

9 posts in this topic

Speech is silver. Silence is golden. 

Yapping and talking all day long or starting stupid and meaningless conversations are a way of distracting yourself from all the work you need to be doing on yourself. Stop arguing with people, stop debating, stop talking just for the sake of saying something. 

This has been an obstacle of mine for a while and I find the fact of silence very uplifting, whereas when I was mindlessly talking I felt it like a subtle addiction, which it actually is. 

True power and knowledge comes from the inside, not from the external noise of our society. Stop entering society's stupid dramas and low counciousness discussions, as they lead nowhere and they'll waste your time and energy, while lowering your vibration. 

Sorround yourself with visionaries, ambitious and open minded people, while ignoring the "losers" of this hologram we call life. 

Don't waste this opportune life trying to fit in. Don't waste your energy on idiots. Time is of the essence. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

You've literally read my mind. I've restricted myself from talking, because I feel like it's just mental masturbation.

The silence makes me more composed, less toxic, less judgemental, less everything, and to be honest, I have no idea why but it's definitely an amazing thing

The silence created more healthy relationships as well, which is so ironic. Less effort in talking = more healthy relationships? Paradoxical (for me atleast)

This restriction just made me so calm. I never knew that talking could take out so much energy from me. Silence is the key, I would like to talk more about this :P 

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

I realised this last week somehow on my own. For some reason i just decided to silence myself and, while i don't fully understand why, it seemed to bring about a raised self awareness. I have been pondering silence as well as expression casually the past few weeks and i have discovered that there is more than what meets the eye within these two topics. I have found myself imposing my knowledge on other people only to become immediately aware that it is in fact only insecurity and a sense of self-lack that i am doing it out of. While i dont fully understand this either, i am very intrigued. Why do i speak when i am considering something that i am insecure about? Is it to subconsciously put the burden on someone else? Is it to make myself feel like i have conquered the insecurity and that i now teach other people about it instead?

strange...silence.jpg

This is indeed a very tricky and important topic. I find even with deep conversations, in the end what you try to talk about can only be expressed in silence. So why are you talking in the first place? I think it's not that black and white, and talking, especially with your closest friends, definitely has its place. 

I find it especially difficult if trying to connect to someone I don't really know. Because often times there is only superficial chatter in the beginning and this makes me feel very disconnected in many situations. On the other hand, I think it's completely possible to talk and be in inner silence at the same time and that this might be the way to go whenever you connect to people in everyday life.

8 hours ago, Stoica Doru said:

Sorround yourself with visionaries, ambitious and open minded people, while ignoring the "losers" of this hologram we call life. 

Don't waste this opportune life trying to fit in. Don't waste your energy on idiots. Time is of the essence. 

Although this is practically speaking important, be careful not to judge anyone. In the end, it's yourself you're judging. Be warm, even if you don't talk to people :) 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

Usually i dont know what to talk its like social conditioning is making us talk just to fill space

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I really enjoyed not talking on my meditation retreat a couple months ago. Made me sort of wish that talking wasn't such a big part of American life. 

@Feel Good You're patialy right. I used the term "idiot" to describe the uncouncious viciousness of the society, but not as a mean of judging them. When I typed in "idiot" I knew that I was pointing to the collective uncouncious a little bit rough, but that's the truth. Being an idiot is being naive and unevolved, which most of the population is. It didn't had any antagonistic flavor, but you couldn't abstain from creating an egotic, seemingly righteous post, so we both kind of hurried up a bit. See? That's why silence is golden, my friend. Words are indicators of feelings and reality, not the things we're pointing to themselves. 

All of us are eventually idiots or have been there once, as expansion and learning are never-ending . It's all about standards, which are of our mental constructs. We're also humans, dude, a truth most of the people on this forum don't want to fully agree upon. 

Edited by Stoica Doru

@Feel Good I didn't said I'm apart from the uncouncious. If you read the reply carefully, I said that we're all idiots, in the end, the point of view being all that matters. You're trying to be right and outsmart me, while creating a totally impersonal perspective on life, as that's gonna resolve all of the problems. Now you'd say what problems, everything is fine, perfect, but it wouldn't be if you were living in Syria being bombed occasionally, right? 

Some people need to be more grounded, really. Impersonalizing the whole existence isn't the only purpose of being human. Have fun and stop spiritual bypassing. You couldn't function without your ego. 

@Mikael89 That's right. The need to contradict is of the ego, some people that claim are egoless doing the exact same thing. It's easy to have some abstract spiritual notions, but embodying them is a whole other thing.