SelfHelpGuy

Getting out of bed! - Help

15 posts in this topic

I recently found my purpose 'I master the creation of entertainment to help and inspire other creators' 

But I'm still finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning. 

I always follow through with my daily routine no matter what time I get up, but it's just the getting up that I find the hardest. 

When I'm actually up, I feel ready to take on the day and work on my purpose. - But it's still hard to get up for some reason.

I know you can't 'Think yourself into right action' but does this mean my purpose isn't strong enough or something else?

Thoughts?

Edited by SelfHelpGuy

@ajasatya My diet is very good actualy.

I have leo's smoothie everyday and exercise everyday aswell. 

just wondering, what is your resting Heart Pressure, do you know? Often people struggling to get up have weakened adrenal glands and a low systolic BP is a good indication of this. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Ideally, you should be below 70 on that but it is very individual. But it would be good to find out your BP.  Basically, anything below 120 indicates adrenal weakness. Anything below 90 indicates severe adrenal weakness. 

But it is possible that it has nothing to do with your body and is more mental thing. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Hmm okay, I know I shouldn't dogmatically belief online articles but they says that 60 -100bpm is okay? 

Do I have to go to the doctor to find out my blood pressure or can I do it myself?

I'm leaning more to it being mental, I've been able to get up early in the past when my life purpose was different and managed to stay consistent.

But I've moved out and changed my life around, everything is going well like: meditation routine, career, self development, food but it's just the getting up.

My mind just seems to always convince me to stay in bed for a little longer. 

@SelfHelpGuy

On 10/08/2018 at 4:42 PM, SelfHelpGuy said:

My mind just seems to always convince me to stay in bed for a little longer. 

Yeah, I guess its a mental thing most of all. You may find book "war of art" quite interesting. It talks about all the resistance faced by people with strong life purpose and ambitions. I believe it has been reviewed in the Books section on this forum couple times as well.  

Put your alarm clock on the opposite side of the room, and use an annoying alarm bell. That way it's not possible for you to snoose. When you first get out of bed to turn of the alarm you are up already and can just get on with your day.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Erlend K Great advice.

Also, keep your phone charging in the bathroom. When you want to go check it, you're already out of bed and close to the shower

@SelfHelpGuy

If you don't get of bed to work on your vision, then this is not what you REALLY want to do. You kind of want to do this.. It's as easy as that.

Are you getting enough sleep? Make sure you are well rested because that will help you get up easier.

Also tap into your why. Why do you want to do this?  When you have a deeper understanding of why you want to do something then you will have more drive and energy.