Ingit

? to present moment

13 posts in this topic

Can someone give me clear tips to be in present moment and away from negative. Ego pulling me back?

?IngitScooby ?

@Wasem I cling into thinking negative... I will doubt myself and my real life and become anxious....

?IngitScooby ?

@Wasem I will question myself sometimes like I start studying... in my mind I will think ‘Oh Im really that intelligent to study, Am I in my real life, Am i really studying and working best for my future’ and whenevr I think like this I feel anxious and Then think why would I think like this... and then think that i have problems with me

?IngitScooby ?

Just feel the sensation of your breath in& out it will kill the thoughts and here you go you are in now ?

use your 5 senses, look at the reality around you intensely, listen to the any sound you hear, feel your hands, feel your stomach, feel your feet, have you noticed the the huge difference between  awareness and thinking? its like being pulled back and forth between the inside and the outside, thats a good start, good luck:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles and what I my mind plays trick with me inyo believing?

?IngitScooby ?

There is a spiritual and non-dual approach to this issue. But I'll give you an example of my own experience, regarding the studying situation, which is not spiritual at first glance.

Our minds are lazy. It doesn't want to work. So it uses any mean necessary to not overwork. That also includes being negative. You might call it resistance or procrastination. It is also related to our Chimp mind. Gently fight your chimp mind, and get back to work you need to do. Don't let it become an excuse. It is normal to have negative thoughts when you are doing a difficult task. But the only way to vet over it is to keep going despite of yourself. It will become easier.

I put this very simple. Right now, choose an object near you. It might be a box, a door, a tree whatever.

I'm sure there'll be always an object near you.

Look to this object. Without any intention or whatsoever.

Now answer these question(s)

Does this object exist in future? Don't just simply say no. Try to get the intuitive feeling.

Can it be exist in future? Like try to get the feeling of how solid that object is. And think of this solidness only would be exist in right now.

Throughout your thinking process, you can easily get the feeling of 5 seconds have just passed. And the object is still in it's solid form.

The ultimate thing is, nothing can exist out of boundaries of "now". or the thing. the universe. Even your thoughts can only exist in now. But it's like, try to think your thoughts as you paint the sentence on a brick wall with white color "I will be a doctor". This is the same thing. Now the painted text can only exist in the boundaries of now. This is just a thought and a sentence implies that the person has intention to become a doctor in some state-of-cosmos-universe-now. This is the same as our thoughts in mind. You just have to become aware of thoughts can exist only in now, and have no effect unless you take an action right now. 

Dangerous thing is thoughts without action taken can be dangerous. Because your mind is very manipulative about this. You can tie a lot to thoughts and believe them. I.e lets continue on "I'll be a doctor" example. If you don't just take an action towards that It will linger in your mind and It has potential to become something such: this is so stressful, all the years that I have to study and bla bla... You see?

Edited by non_nothing

Read this book my friend, even if you don't enjoy reading, if you really want a good in depth example of how this book is a must read.

ImageHandler.ashx.jpg

You have to ask yourself, how much do you want it? If you can't be bothered then no point asking the question. I could give you a simple answer but it doesn't work that way sadly. We must put in the work for integration to expand consciousness to comprehend the mechanism of life at a greater depth. Sometimes it a simple word can trigger something, but most of the time its whats always right in front of you and presented that you seem to ignore.

I experienced this many times myself, the one that ego would push away is the one i needed the most.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E