Laymen

Leo Gura is an intellectual man

21 posts in this topic

hi ya'll I've had a hunch for so long that Leo is an intellectual man. He might have been a very good mathematics and physics students. He definitely was a hard working student. The reason I mention this is because I can see he takes enlightenment an intellectual matter (this could be my projection). He sees enlightenment as something to achieve, the way you become a good mathematician or physician. I'm not saying that's bad. What I mean is if you want to be a more grounded human being, listen to Leo and take his advice seriously. But enlightenment does not mean you're a grounded human being. Enlightenment simply means you know yourself, your true psyche (what makes you feel blissful) and get rid of the fake psyche ( the psychology that your parents, friends, society, cuture put on you). Ordinary people are not aware they're playing the role which is not their true nature. Enlightenment means living moment to moment. Leo's method: Contemplation. It is good but it's not a way to become enlightened. Contemplation is the activity of the mind. Yoga is very helpful too but it's not a way to become enlightened either. It's a way to have a healthy body and brain. My prediction is Leo is a very very advanced individual. He might be able to become a good mathematican or physicist or an inventor. However, if enlightment is the only thing you pursue, his advice can be off track. An enlightened person does not necessarily understand the proof of Godel's theorem. He's just unemotionally reactive when others look down on him and that's all needed to verify his enlightenment. Leo's approach is for something WAY higher. 
(All of this is just my opinion. I don't take responsibility if anyone of you feels discouraged. I'm just a laymen, just like my name. I'm just lucky to have an innate ability to see the strengths of people and their psyche.

wait, so if yoga, contemplation (self inquiry, ramana maharashi) and meditation dont do it, what does?

7 hours ago, Laymen said:

I've had a hunch for so long that Leo is an intellectual man.

Yes, Leo is an intellectual man. For an intellectual man, spiritual journey is difficult but only an intellectual man can become a spiritual teacher. Every enlightened person is not a teacher. 

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

Yes, Leo is an intellectual man. For an intellectual man, spiritual journey is difficult but only an intellectual man can become a spiritual teacher. Every enlightened person is not a teacher. 

agreed

cant wait for Leo to become fully enlightened! he will start to get divine downloads of information and his articulation (which is already second to none) will be even more deeper and epic

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I don't think he studied math or physics but probably philosophy i think i read somewhere. He also doesn't seem to be very happy about science(or some things about it) if you read some of hes blog posts so i am not sure it would make sense that he would study those topics.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

wait, so if yoga, contemplation (self inquiry, ramana maharashi) and meditation dont do it, what does?

Where did I say self-inquiry does not help attain enlightenment? See, this is where you put your own projection into what you read. I didn't complete everything I wanted to say though. Enlightened being is someone who knows themselves. That's all needed to verify his enlightenment. That's  why it's almost impossible for others to know if the person is really enlightened or not. But we can clearly see if someone is not enlightened by hearing their opinions and insights. For example: Tony Robbins. He's not enlightened at all. 

15 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

That’s not right man.

Every man uses his intellect. 

Spiritual teachers is not about teaching intellectual things. It’s more their energy and that is beyond the intellect.

11 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

I don't think he studied math or physics but probably philosophy i think i read somewhere. He also doesn't seem to be very happy about science(or some things about it) if you read some of hes blog posts so i am not sure it would make sense that he would study those topics.

to be honest, I think Leo's pretty much interested in science. He just hates the way science dismisses mystical cases and scientists who claim science can figure everything out. The fact is we exist is already supernatural, not explainable

7 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

Spiritual teachers is not about teaching intellectual things. It’s more their energy and that is beyond the intellect.

We can't understand silence. If an enlightened person can't communicate in words, we can't recognize him. Teaching is an art.

Edited by Prabhaker

12 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

We can't understand silence. If an enlightened person can't communicate in words, we can't recognize him. Teaching is an art.

Teaching is an art and you know that you don’t need intellect to create art. 

Artists doesn’t need high intellect.

May I add: ENlightened people must have Emotional mastery 
They cannot lie to themselves. At least on significant things

51 minutes ago, Laymen said:

May I add: ENlightened people must have Emotional mastery 
They cannot lie to themselves. At least on significant things

I would call that Liberated. But it’s just terms. I totally agree. 

‘Need to know BE-ing’ is a trap in Enlightenment. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

‘Need to know BE-ing’ is a trap in Enlightenment. 

what do you mean?

13 minutes ago, Laymen said:

what do you mean?

BE-ing is not something to know, it’s something to surrender to.  Trying to know BE-ing keeps you from surrendering to BE-ing in the moment.  It’s what causes tail-chasing in Enlightenment.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

29 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

Yes. You will never find enlightenment. The seeker is the problem :x

This isn't perfect, but it's in the vicinity:

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ENLIGHTENMENT AND CONCEPTUAL UNDERSTANDING

There's a difference between Enlightenment and Conceptual Understanding that a lot of Enlightenment people miss.  And Enlightenment benefits Conceptual Understanding, and Conceptual Understanding benefits Enlightenment.  One of the ways that Conceptual Understanding benefits Enlightenment is by increasing awareness of the Paradigm of Paradigms.  In other words, we're not always conscious of everything we're clinging to.  Conceptual Understanding gives you the awareness to bring it all into high-relief.  So, Conceptual Understanding is not bad per se.  Enlightenment is about BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  You're not gonna be able to surrender like that if you're clinging to 'need to know BE-ing'.  It's 'need to know BE-ing' that's the problem.  It's clinging to paradigms and beliefs about BE-ing that's the problem.  You can think all you want to solve pragmatic problems in your life.  But if Enlightenment is what you want -- you gotta make sure you're not clinging to Tier-One Conceptual Understanding.  And that's why Conceptual Understanding is relevant to Enlightenment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

How can you say eckhart is stuck in conceptual paradigm? It's absolutely clear to me that he is pointing to absolute truth. And his essence is pure as the driven snow. 

It's a very nit picky sense that I get after watching a lot of his videos.  Don't take any teacher too seriously.  Let them resonate with you, but at the end of the day, you are the only guru for you.  Eckhart Tolle is in my top 3.  So, he's way up there for me.  He's very wise when it comes to Enlightenment.  And he's a great communicator.  Each Perspective has a unique conceptual system of Enlightenment.  And that's just the way things are.  The problem comes when you go from using conceptual systems to believing in conceptual systems.  And we all fall victim to that.  So, I'm not judging him as if I'm above him or anything like that.  It's just a sense I get.  I think the original context of my remark was I was suggesting that Eckhart Tolle might be the kind of person who could benefit from psychedelics.  It might be something that could really give him that tiny bit more awareness.  I know LSD worked like that for me.  LSD gives you a kind of super-mindfulness.  And that can be really useful to your Enlightenment work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Feel Good said:

I don't take eckhart seriously. I believe he confirms my understanding of my own insight.

My too..he really seems to see the inner ongoings of thinking. It may seem conceptual because he tries to explain to people who demand concepts. Seems ultra aware.

His crowd man. He gets a lot of impossible questions xD

Edited by Jack River