Butters

I blacked out on weed and went super deep

12 posts in this topic

Yesterday I smoked weed, like I've done so many times before, but it hit me pretty hard. 

I started hearing a high frequency noise that sounded very Alien that kept going on in my left ear. When I stood up, I fainted and blacked out on the coffee table but got back up. Then I walked up the stairs into my bedroom and fell on the floor and hit my head and back (I assume pretty hard). All of reality became a blur and I fainted. My housemate got me a glass of water and took care of me. This is where the experience started. 

First, I experienced an infinite loop that I couldn't get out of. The same image and the same words kept reappearing and all these visuals spawned out of itself, for infinity. I had to deny something. If I didn't deny that particular thing / phrase / sentence, fear would take over my reality. By constantly denying this phrase I could reach the light. 

It was very difficult for me to deny this phrase, whatever it was, but eventually I denied it so many times I escaped the loop. 

Slowly my visual field kicked back in but it was different this time. I was sitting on the floor in a meditative position and I had the deep realization that that moment was all there ever was. My whole life as a story was complete BS and all it ever was was me sitting on the floor in that position. Every human ever has only ever sat in that meditative position. I was still in childhood. 

I FINALLY realized the nature of reality. All it EVER was was that. Time was a complete joke ... the funniest joke I'd ever heard. 

I said to my housemate that I finally understood the comparison between enlightenment and an orgasm because a few minutes of this were absolutely orgasmic. 

So, what on EARTH should I make of this? 9_9

Tip of the iceberg. Keep digging.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Outer said:

Hahaha... You smoked a bunch of weed, hit your head and you think that you know the truth? Sounds to me you're just repeating what Leo has said in one of his videos.

Truth is in stillness.

You definitely have a point and it's super difficult to know to what extend I actually recollect the experience and how much is "tainted" by theory and concepts. This is true for normal daily life experiences also. 

But the deep experience where I REALIZED the truth (not a thought) is hard to deny. I kept yelling "this can't be true". 

From what I've heard about spiritual experiences, trip reports and non-duality, this experience wasn't all that profound and as Leo said, only the tip of the iceberg. But for someone who's never done psychedelics and only had very "surface" realizations during meditation, this experience was extremely profound. 

You probably don’t wanna smoke that much.  Take it easy.  Weed is a mellow drug, don’t over do it.  I did that too when I was young.  Smoke and do some meditating.  That’s a good way to use weed.  Do ‘Do Nothing Meditation’ after you smoke.  Don’t try to still your mind, just be aware of everything that’s happening.  Shoot for 1 hour.  Just lay down in your bed and do it, don’t worry about sitting in some weird position.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Outer said:

Hahaha... You smoked a bunch of weed, hit your head and you think that you know the truth? Sounds to me you're just repeating what Leo has said in one of his videos.

Truth is in stillness.

Nothing wrong with unorthodox methods. If I knew for a fact that weed + concussion would do it I would be the Johnny Knoxville of stoners.

3 minutes ago, molosku said:

Nothing wrong with unorthodox methods. If I knew for a fact that weed + concussion would do it I would be the Johnny Knoxville of stoners.

??

@Butters Just make sure you don't chase the experience. Cherish it and integrate it, but don't try to chase it because you will just end up disappointed. Let every weed "trip" be something new and unique. 

it is strange that you blacked out and all of that. Had you been drinking? That combination gives me some weird mental dips, but what you described is different. I guess its possible that you were just ready for something ...

Edited by the_end_of_me

@Butters In the relative sense, experiences can seem profound and insightful. The mind loves to engage. In the absolute sense, it is simply another appearance with no more relevance than the appearance of bird calls outside my window.

On 7/26/2018 at 0:24 AM, Butters said:

I FINALLY realized the nature of reality. All it EVER was was that. Time was a complete joke ... the funniest joke I'd ever heard. 

I said to my housemate that I finally understood the comparison between enlightenment and an orgasm because a few minutes of this were absolutely orgasmic. 

That's the tip of the iceberg? Can anyone describe what is beyond that or how you know that's the tip of the iceberg?

21 hours ago, isabel said:

That's the tip of the iceberg? Can anyone describe what is beyond that or how you know that's the tip of the iceberg?

I don't think Leo meant that literal experience is the top of the iceberg, rather it's one of many possible gateways into having an insight into "truth" (whatever that is). Correct me if I'm wrong.