Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manjushri

One question to see if you're eating well

10 posts in this topic

Would you eat the same food if it had no taste and gave you no pleasure whatsoever? 

Use food as fuel! Not as a maximizer of pleasure in your mouth. 

I recently answered to interview about food preferences.

My order was:

1. Nutrition, Health aspects.

2. Price.

3. Taste.

So for me, I don't really care about taste as long as It's not unpleasant. What's important is - does my body gets everything It need to function properly. Don't eat anything with more than 5 ingredients, no animals products, half of calorie intake - veggies and fruits. Most of my food has no strong taste and I'm totally fine with that, because I know my body gets the best nutrients I can give It and It will sustain great health in return. It seems weird that most people eat "sweets" with 20 ingredients, half of them sounding like some random chemicals just because those small things on toungue aka taste buds like It, while whole body is literary created from food you eat. By the way I also really hate the fact that we have to eat so no taste at all doesn't change anything :D

If my food didn't taste well, that would be like having sex without any sensation and passion. I'd rather die. Why even bother if the most basic things aren't enjoyable. 

Taste is important for the emotional aspect

Edited by Soulbass

Does the food you eat makes you look better and fell better or does it do the opposite, use food as something more than just fuel use it as something which gives you vitamins to transform you into something better  

On 21/07/2018 at 10:49 AM, Gligorije said:

Would you eat the same food if it had no taste and gave you no pleasure whatsoever? 

Use food as fuel! Not as a maximizer of pleasure in your mouth. 

this is misleading. even though taste should NOT be the only parameter, it DOES point to the quality of food.

taste, smell and colors have been used as parameters by ALL animals for thousands of years. nowadays we, human beings, also know the chemical composition of food... but it should NOT be used as the only parameter either.

unborn Truth

Agree with this.  I've used as a guideline only eating if I would be hungry enough to eat a meal of just steak and eggs.  I could pretty much anytime endlessly munch of fruit and nuts and chocolate, etc.  But to be willing to cook and eat something like steak and eggs I need to truly feel some hunger.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

I believe taste when not artificially made is interlinked with your state of being. The best tasting foods are usually the best fuels for our body.

The problem is most people are so full of chemicals and processed foods that their whole body and system is altered to the point that you think you enjoy what you eat and enjoy the taste but unless you do a 2-3 week long water only fast you will never know what is genuine and what is not.

We use so much artificial products that they trick our brains/taste buds to thinking this/that is appealing but its mainly to keep you addicted and keep buying products that sell. For example if i eat white sugar, too me it has now become disgusting and actually tastes slightly bitter since my body is very clean and restored to chemical balance multiple times a year, but raw honey or an apple are absolutely delicious.

When i ate processed foods, fresh fruits and vegetables tasted like nothing, completely plain because i was heavy on the chemicals, excess artificial sweets/sugars, excess salt, spices, sauces that i had over-stimulated my whole system. When i finally restored my body, real food started to taste amazing and processed food had a completely odd chemical-like sensation to them.

Its all business, stay clean, stay wise, stay pure :)

B R E A T H E