FinnishJon

I Just Became Enlightened

35 posts in this topic

Several factors in my life have led me to the same kind of enlightenment experience that everybody is describing here.  Amazing shit!  Thanks!

The epiphanies keep coming in.  Last night, before falling asleep, I wrote down the following profound conclusions.

1. Enlightenment feels like a brain software upgrade.

2. The ADD mind which I have, until this month, never been aware of before has a weak empathetic signal, i.e. in this frame of mind, I only just barely feeling emotions.  When I took my first medicine for ADD, the emotional signals in my life all got amplified like crazy. Now, I see the difference like black and white.

3. My good friend introduced me to the book, the Power of Now, and Eckhart Tolle, last Friday night, one week ago, and I realized that what he was talking about with presence was the opposite state of mind than the ADD mind.  My ADD mind has almost entirely been captured by thoughts and rationality.  I was a Mr. Spock in the extreme, but when being in presence, I've learned why I cry, fear, get mad, jealous, and happy.

4. With respect to ego death, here is a tip that might help others find it.  Watch Leo's recent video about constantly comparing yourself with others.  Now take the urge to compare yourself on a thought experiment.  What you should do is compare things which are symmetric.  Ask yourself how it feels.  Then compare things that are asymmetric.  How does that feel?  I think the terms better, best, worse, worst are merely a comparison of asymmetric things in a single dimension of measurement.  If that measurement stick is your ego, than this is what constant comparison of egos really is.  Nothing that is worth living or dying for.

5. Eckhart Tolle's advice to replace self-valuation or ego and the external form with internal presence fixed my biggest problem in life.  You can see by my username,  8 language stud, which I created only a few weeks ago, that I was still stuck in egoic mode attached to my egotistical beliefs about myself.  I did that just recently when I joined this forum.  Now that I am enlightened, I'll keep my name as it is, as a reminder, and I can laugh at it for as long as I am in this forum.

Now, I'm okay with whatever happens to me for the rest of my life.  I hope to experience another enlightenment, one day!  This was awesome!!!  No better feeling that I have ever felt since I was born. 

Edited by 8LanguageStud

There can be lots of "mini Enlightenment" or realizations in the spiritual path,
But as I understand it only one Ultimate Enlightenment, the realization that there is no self. You are talking about this one right?
that you have no more sense of self?
well congrats :)

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@8LanguageStud

Just want to give some advice. Ego can grasp on to this experience and merge with it. It is not finished just because you had an experience. Look up some post-enlightenment videos. Get back to that place, lean back into that which you've realized.

I like how you said how your mind had been captured by thoughts. 

It's really so that thinking and using your mind not a bad thing, it's just when you believe your thoughts to be real you can get into some serious trouble. When you believe them to be real, your mind can quickly put you into a tiny little box in which you feel trapped, helpless and miserable.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@WelcometoReality Very good thing to point out.  I found myself posting about my enlightenment here and also on Facebook.  I deleted the FB post pretty soon after, as I had a clear instinct that told me I should.

@WelcometoReality  real wisdom there, thanks for sharing

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@8LanguageStud

Chose a guide (youtube) that you resonate with. Immerse yourself into his/her teachings and keep going back into the experience by yourself. Keep quiet. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@8LanguageStud

Tolle, Mooji... whomever you can find valid talking about enlightenment stages. Marinate in that 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

18 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@8LanguageStud

Just want to give some advice. Ego can grasp on to this experience and merge with it. It is not finished just because you had an experience. Look up some post-enlightenment videos. Get back to that place, lean back into that which you've realized.

Great video

@8LanguageStud congrats. did you feel something coming before, some sort of build up before experience or did it just happen randomly? can you describe your enlightenment experience in details?

During one of my experiences, I had an insight that I had been keeping my emotions "small" in order to keep myself protected from negative opinions and seeming weak. When I had let go of my ego, the emotions bloomed 10 times their intensity and they were all beautiful. It was like a beautiful work of art going on and ebbing and flowing throughout my entire body. There was joy, ecstacy, sadness, rage, lust, peace, and many other micro-emotional shades that were very particular. It was only through contrast with the ego-transcendence experience that made me realize how much I had been confining my emotions to a small window of acceptability and making myself go unconscious to them. It was only through this increased emotional sensitivity and awareness, that I was able to see that my emotions were engaged in a beautiful dance that I had been depriving myself of.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@zasa joey Here's the sequence of events that triggered my enlightenment experience.  Path of self-improvement, self development for the past several years, including exercise, therapy, relationship coaching, and career change.  Undiagnosed ADD finally started being treated at age 46.  Accidentally running into the name Eckhart Tolle.  Conversations with my sister who told me that I was very arrogant.  Questions about self honesty... Defining for myself what is arrogance and humility.

@8LanguageStud This is just a wording difference but I wouldn't call this being enlightened. I would call it having a (possibly strong) glimpse into enlightenment. Not that it makes much difference for the sake of communication, except that way you have a truthful and humble attitude towards it and not make it emotional for yourself. One cannot become enlightened suddenly. I.e. it's not like a drug trip where you're all the sudden shoved into this new world. Sometimes you do (and I have too) get a glimpse into enlightenment and it is very inspiring and illuminating, but you cannot form strong enough bonds to it (your subconscious cannot grasp it well enough as it is too foreign and abstract)  and so it evaporates after a few days, a week, a few weeks. I've had this many times.

So, just as a cautionary point, try not to form emotional bonds to your glimpses of enlightenment, because the same way that you feel bliss initially, you will feel terrible and disillusioned after it loses it's form after a few days. Meditate more often and generally during the days that follow try to keep calm and be fully present. That way you can really experience them and truly move towards more lasting enlightenment. At least that's what I've been practicing and seems to work. ;)

Edited by adrian284

Im dont want to make you feel bad, maybe you had some consciousness shift but its very likely not enlightenment.

I´ve had one Satori experience in my life, it was instant BAM! and i was in totally different state of consciousness. I was the trees, the lakes and everything, there was no-self, i was everything. I had 0 thoughts going on in my head. Lasted maybe 10 seconds (not sure), i thought i was going to die (which i was psychologically), and then the ego kicked in. Ive had many epiphanies after that on meditations and mushrooms but nothing like this.

@Richard Alpert It's okay.  I'm not trying to brag or convince anybody.  I know that the experience I felt had significance, and it doesn't require external confirmation to be true.  Thank you for trying to be helpful.

@adrian284 Very tough advice to follow.  46 years of living a life with a misguided sense of self worth yields to a healthier, optimistic view of life and why it has meaning.  You have to feel something towards this momentous shift in worldview.  Even peace and calm are emotions, are they not?  I understand why pride would be the wrong way to feel about it, but emotionless seems like the wrong way to approach it, too.  Maybe just the emotion of awe would be appropriate?

I will report back to this forum in 4 weeks, i.e. April 19th, and report on my "enlightenment" status.  Whether it remained present or disappeared... if you are truly curious, are you?

Edited by 8LanguageStud