KenDo

Stuck with self inquiry - Need help!!

10 posts in this topic

Hey I need help with self inquiry. I know that I am not my body because any part can be replaced except the brain. I know that I am not a thought because I also have times when I don't think. I am stuck at the belief that my identity is the accumulation of my memories. I believe that I am my memories because without them I would be a completely different ego. Not sure what I should do to get past this, I am trying just to meditate and quiet my mind for now... 

5 hours ago, KenDo said:

Hey I need help with self inquiry. I know that I am not my body because any part can be replaced except the brain. I know that I am not a thought because I also have times when I don't think. I am stuck at the belief that my identity is the accumulation of my memories. I believe that I am my memories because without them I would be a completely different ego. Not sure what I should do to get past this, I am trying just to meditate and quiet my mind for now... 

You are memory-thought. Stick with the fact. Any movement to evade that fact is also a movement of thought (memory) that you act in accordance to from your own past conditioning (what you should be) 

The i is experience, knowledge, memory, as is what that i seeks to get away from. So there is the projection of past memory attempting to evade what memory has put together, the content of mind (fear, suffering, compulsive chatter and so on)...

You and what you want to escape are one and the same movement.

To escape is an action that is influenced by the false notion that the you is seperate from that which you are trying to silence. The one who wishes to silence the mind is the compulsive chatter itself. In actuality there is only the movement of mind. The you is it’s invention. This is where all conflict arises as what “you” can do to silence “it” (mind)..The movement of duality-division. 

If you see this you see that there is no difference between “the you” and what “you” think about. It’s all one unitary movement of thought. 

Does this scare “you”, or do you see the significance of such beauty?? 

Stay with the fact. Observe the impulsive tendency to identify with anything other than what is. Any movement of memory that projects itself onto the future implies resistance to what is actually the case. 

The thinker = experience, knowledge, memory. 

Thought-intellect = experience, knowledge, memory. 

The thinker and it’s intellect = mind-thought 

The you is the result of thought. 

Edited by Faceless

You are the body, my companion. Embrace it, is the gate to everything. The brain is only the Control Panel. 

The formless and the body is One, they co-exist. So embrace it indeed. What if after you die you lost all memory of your previous existence, would there be any point in existing any longer? Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure, memory is an important aspect of you.

6 hours ago, KenDo said:

Hey I need help with self inquiry. I know that I am not my body because any part can be replaced except the brain.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9xARPfJYY

I know that I am not a thought because I also have times when I don't think. I am stuck at the belief that my identity is the accumulation of my memories. I believe that I am my memories because without them I would be a completely different ego.

Who / what is aware of memories & thoughts?

Not sure what I should do to get past this, I am trying just to meditate and quiet my mind for now... 

Perfect. If & when ready, psychadelics. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You have to see in direct experience that the memory body sight emotions etc are seen in front by a observer

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

17 hours ago, KenDo said:

It's a contradiction to say you are not your thoughts and then to say you are your memories. Memories are thoughts of course, and only exist in the present. Nor are they continually present, just fleeting experiences. Try to see what memories are in your direct experience. Discard any concepts or ideas you have about what they might be. Don't assume that memories permanently sit somewhere in the back of the mind, or that they are somehow always here. This is just another invention. If you had never heard the word 'memories' would you still identify yourself those experiences? Observe what is true in your direct experience right now. Keep working on it and contemplate it from different angles. Don't get stuck repeating the same line of questioning. Or consider working on Who You Are first, instead of What. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@KenDo

Get a bit into Rupert Spira, he has one of the clearest voices on inquiry. He hs a bunch of guided inquiries on Youtube.

17 hours ago, KenDo said:

I am stuck at the belief that my identity is the accumulation of my memories. I believe that I am my memories because without them I would be a completely different ego. Not sure what I should do to get past this, I am trying just to meditate and quiet my mind for now... 

Ask yourself, who is the one, that percieves the memories. Who is the I that percieves the experience of a memory.

Stick to your experience. Self inquiry is not a process of thought but a very close examination of your first hand experience. Don't think about who you are, but try to pin it down in your perception. Try to grasp it.