Charlotte

Microdosing

34 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd give a small and hopefully helpful update. 

I've been slowly and maturely been experimenting (very low dose) with psilocybin mushrooms for personal and Spiritual growth (I grew my own).

One benefit which I wasn't expecting was for it to eradicate anxiety and just make me a lot happier.

Yesterday I was in a large busy crowd of hundreds of people, could barely move and there was almost 0% anxiety, which is truly amazing for me personally. 

I used to have OCD but with therapy (6/7 sessions in) and microdosing my issues have almost gone. 

I'm truly amazed. 

I hope this could help at least one person ??

Edited by Charlotte

@Ether "drug's" that's a stigma society has attached to Psychedelics.  Can't can't more natural than what I've consumed, you probably consume harder substance's when you walk down the street or drink from the tap ?

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

Just thought I'd give a small and hopefully helpful update. 

I've been slowly and maturely been experimenting (very low dose) with psilocybin mushrooms for personal and Spiritual growth (I grew my own).

One benefit which I wasn't expecting was for it to eradicate anxiety and just make me a lot happier.

Yesterday I was in a large busy crowd of hundreds of people, could barely move and there was almost 0% anxiety, which is truly amazing for me personally. 

I used to have OCD but with therapy (6/7 sessions in) and microdosing my issues have almost gone. 

I'm truly amazed. 

I hope this could help at least one person ??

I am interested how psychedelics works for you :D 

how many days since you started doing that? Should you targeting 1 yr microdosing? Or for now you are microdosing for 10 days straight? 

41 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Ether "drug's" that's a stigma society has attached to Psychedelics.  Can't can't more natural than what I've consumed, you probably consume harder substance's when you walk down the street or drink from the tap ?

Yes, walking on the street is a drug

@John Iverson @Ether Ether the fumes you breath I'm referring to. 

John been doing it on and off for say around 3 week's, I do one day off one day on but I was initially suffering with panic attacks so there was more off days than on but now I seem to be getting that under control there will definitely be more on days ?.

@Leightonm my next dose will be 0.130, I'm slowly working my way up to see what suits me best. At the moment I'm doing one day on and then miss a few days and then back on. Also depends how I feel at the time, if it comes to a microdosing day and I don't feel like it I won't do and vise versa. 

My OCD was related to thoughts @TylerJ thoughts, same as yours actually. My therapist says that OCD leaks into other areas of your life also that you may not be aware of, mine was hoarding things and germs/bacteria. 

Just to add guys, this will become my routine... (Some extra info there too) 

FB_IMG_1529870297703.jpg

FB_IMG_1529870347163.jpg

FB_IMG_1529870349250.jpg

FB_IMG_1529870351388.jpg

FB_IMG_1529870354203.jpg

Hey @Consept  thanks for your reply. 

How are you working on it? (If you don't mind sharing).

17 hours ago, Consept said:

Anyway well done for taking the leap

Thank you :)

Have you had a good route online? 

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to discuss anything to do with acquiring drugs on the forum unfortunately :(

@Charlotte

I'm really interested in micro dosing, for the exact reasons as you (PD & spiritual growth) 

What are the downsides of microdosing? 

I heard that it can increase my tolerance of psychedelics? So if I want to do real trips, it will make the trip a lot less effective 

Edited by d0ornokey

@d0ornokey  Hey there! Thanks for your reply. 

Yeah even microdosing has brought me more 'in touch' with life/existence/being. My tolerance must be reaaaaally low ?.

Your right it can do, that's why usually you take 2 days off, one to integrate and one as rest. To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of following a schedule with regards to when to actually microdose, I was supposed to today but I just didn't feel like it, I listened to my body and decided against it. 

Hey @Charlotte thanks for getting back to me, i cant see my post and cant remember exactly what i said but ill take a guess lol

Ive tried cbt before which kind of helped but im kinda trying an erp method at the moment but im looking into getting a professional to help with that. Mine are thoughts based as well so ive cut out the physical compulsions ie checking etc but im still ruminating which can get really annoying but im trying to cut that out as i think thats the main thing powering it. I think the microdosing could probably help in general life and if it helps with the ocd then great. 

Yeah drugs are bad, but if you can dm about 'non-drug' related topics ;) i would be grateful 

@Consept how far did you get with CBT? It gets to the point in the therapy where you have to literally induce and sit with your anxiety. I believe that's the crucial, game changing stage. Remember, OCD will never be cured, but managed, it will get to a point where it won't be OCD and just minimal anxiety. 

I did message you about the 'non drug' related topic on the day I saw your reply but my message has disappeared ? will send again :)

10 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Remember, OCD will never be cured

not sure about this

From what I vaguely understand about epigenetics, some mental health issues come from certain genes turned on. Lifestyle changes can cause the genes that cause mental health issues to turn off

@d0ornokey Sorry what I meant by that is you'll always have SOME anxiety based around whatever your OCD is associated too. Not the OCD itself, my apologies.