Ether

How much inner peace you experience...

46 posts in this topic

Hard to quantify something like inner peace, but I have a good deal more of it now than I've had in many recent years. How about you?

29 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Hard to quantify something like inner peace, but I have a good deal more of it now than I've had in many recent years. How about you?

0%.

Im numbed by pills I stopped taking, so, it might take a while.

I'm lucky to be at peace more or less on a continual basis. Self inquiry really helps 

source: cook-greuter.com 

@Ether   Right on. It takes a while to clear that shit out of our systems, and the ones that affect the brain are the trickiest, because they make us think that we need them to be normal. Good on you for ditching them. Now it's just a matter of time until you see the dawn arriving....see beyond the road you're driving.  :P

25 minutes ago, White said:

I'm lucky to be at peace more or less on a continual basis. Self inquiry really helps 

Congrats bro

1 minute ago, PsiloPutty said:

@Ether   Right on. It takes a while to clear that shit out of our systems, and the ones that affect the brain are the trickiest, because they make us think that we need them to be normal. Good on you for ditching them. Now it's just a matter of time until you see the dawn arriving....see beyond the road you're driving.  :P

Yeah, they defenetely did things to my body also. But its ok. I got my life on my hands.

3 hours ago, White said:

Does it get in the way of work? In your job? Because the feeling is overwhelming or very intense?

None.

This wasn't the case for a while and I'm embarrassed of how far I've regressed.

There is peace. Always. Sometimes it gets hidden a little, but it is always smiling in the background.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Currently regressing back into old habits. Past few weeks have been a constant struggle against old addictions and thought patterns which I thought were worked through.

2 minutes ago, SaltyMeatballs said:

Currently regressing back into old habits. Past few weeks have been a constant struggle against old addictions and thought patterns which I thought were worked through.

They never gone until they are gone.

On 21/06/2018 at 10:53 PM, Ether said:

Does it get in the way of work? In your job? Because the feeling is overwhelming or very intense?

I would not describe anything as intense. I'm content and my work is very enjoyable because I'm so calm and peaceful. Sometimes I get distracted, but those are times I take my attention off of myself. The secret is I am not overly concern  with the outside world, i just keep inquiring into my identification with who I believe I am. It's easy - it is focusing on the world that brings turmoil. I have a journal that shows you how to do it. If you like you can look at it. It's very simple 

Edited by White

I feel peace and happiness every single day for the last 2 years. I thought about it the other day and I was shocked when I realized it is true. This doesn’t mean I never feel bad but I can still find peace in feeling bad, even if it’s rare. I have worries and thoughts about future but it never puts me down. Im enjoying every aspect of my life and I feel blessed.

I haven’t been working for 18 months. I quit when I saw the bigger picture. 

2 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

I feel peace and happiness every single day for the last 2 years. I thought about it the other day and I was shocked when I realized it is true. This doesn’t mean I never feel bad but I can still find peace in feeling bad, even if it’s rare. I have worries and thoughts about future but it never puts me down. Im enjoying every aspect of my life and I feel blessed.

@cirkussmile What job did you quit and what is the bigger picture you are talking about? 

4 hours ago, White said:

I would not describe anything as intense. I'm content and my work is very enjoyable because I'm so calm and peaceful. Sometimes I get distracted, but those are times I take my attention off of myself. The secret is I am not overly concern  with the outside world, i just keep inquiring into my identification with who I believe I am. It's easy - it is focusing on the world that brings turmoil. I have a journal that shows you how to do it. If you like you can look at it. It's very simple 

I might check it out later

There was a phase I would enquire everything and I would find the same conclusions over and over again. But I also find some new small insights, just not big ones, usually.

8 minutes ago, White said:

@Ether what were those conclusions?

Ask me an topic and I will answer.

3 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

Did you have to end any relationships that didn't approve of your New lifestyle? 

Parents, relatives, friends, all of them approved. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@Ether ok. There is only one topic when it comes to the self inquiry I'm speaking of: question: at this point in time what do you take yourself to be?

Just now, White said:

@Ether ok. There is only one topic when it comes to the self inquiry I'm speaking of: question: at this point in time what do you take yourself to be?

I think I might be nothingness. Im not sure but I had some experiences. Our true nature exists when we are not thinking. Its a real thing, its apart of the 5 senses. So, it cant be a thought\mind made thing. We cant rely in our mind to tell us what we are, it must be experienced without it.

Words dont exist in a certain sense. Words were created. Created by men and created where? In the mind! Its not like nature already birthed those words. No, cavemen couldnt talk and if you go to an online dictionary you will see the origin and date of the word, so, it was created.

We cant be words then. The only thing that stays without thought is our body. We dont have an identity.