Sparkist

I have no desire to change you...

19 posts in this topic

I've witnessed several arguments over the past few days on here. They all seem to focus on 'I'm right, you're wrong'. 

For the record, I have no desire to change you or your beliefs. We're all entitled to believe what we want, and we're all entitled to change our beliefs whenever and/or however we want. I respect your views and I hope you'll respect mine, however I expect nothing. 

We're all just people trying our best to make it in this world, and make the most of it while we can. So...I guess I just wanted to say that. 

Also, this thread is in no way meant to cause any offence or put anyone down. I just want to bring a bit of balance back into my day, as I personally feel a little hassled by some of the things I've been reading. But, that's my problem and I recognise that.

I hope this made someone smile, at least :x That's my real aim here.

18 minutes ago, Sparkist said:

I personally feel a little hassled by some of the things I've been reading

Enlightenment is not for faint-hearted people ! 

@Prabhaker I get where youre coming from but what does having pages and pages of arguing have to do with it?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

From a place of no desire, no wanting, no need for anything or anyone to change... an absolute fulfillment can be felt almost instantly and starts to manifest itself all around. Can you feel it? That is all the wisdom you'll ever need. All of it is contained within this joy of being absolutely desireless. Right here. Now.

Thanks for reminding us @Sparkist

<3

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

what does having pages and pages of arguing have to do with it?

We can learn many things from these spiritual wars. It gives a lesson that how theoretical knowledge can become a burden and strengthen our ego. 

And I love comedy shows !

@Prabhaker That is a good point, it does bring forth ego of out the shadows.  :P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@DoubleYou <3 <3 <3

@Prabhaker Maybe one day I will find the comedy in it. Wars in general are not my cup of tea. So I guess it's up to me to stay away from them if they make me feel uncomfortable. As with Rilles though I do see what you mean about theory becoming a burden and strengthening the ego...that makes sense!

Edited by Sparkist

I agree. I rather these arguments don’t start so aggressively either. There’s a difference between peaceful discussion of different opinions and heated arguments. Though, I think much of my involvement in it as self defense. Many of the people I debate with can peacefully respect others, but there are . . . certain people who refuse to understand anything.

Maybe it’s time to learn from you and ignore them. Sitting by and watching is a lot more relaxing for my more usual peaceful and calm ways. I usually hate to pick up a fight unless I need to stand up for myself or someone else, and maybe it’s time I should just back down.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

You’re stuck in the Conceptual Truth Paradigm.  What’s interesting is you are advancing a moral stance here, you’ve just cloaked it well.  The Ego is sneaky.  You’ll get to the point where you notice that. You’ll see it right away.  And what you see you can’t unsee.  That’s when you’ll break out of morality as an ideology alltogether.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Leo is their master, what do you expect. Its the battle of of the Ego Gods :D

B R E A T H E

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You’re stuck in the Conceptual Truth Paradigm.  What’s interesting is you are advancing a moral stance here, you’ve just cloaked it well.  The Ego is sneaky.  You’ll get to the point where you notice that. You’ll see it right away.  And what you see you can’t unsee.  That’s when you’ll break out of morality as an ideology alltogether.

Okay.

― Socrates

24 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I can see how my thread was coming from a stance of morality, yes. I guess I just wanted to promote peace rather than argument, to make myself feel better, and those who may have also found it uncomfortable to view, too. My ego wanted everyone to know that I don't desire them to change. So that they feel accepted rather than attacked.

...which really thinking about it, was also a message to myself, for myself to feel accepted.

Edited by Sparkist

10 minutes ago, Sparkist said:

I can see how my thread was coming from a stance of morality, yes. I guess I just wanted to promote peace rather than argument, to make myself feel better, and those who may have also found it uncomfortable to view, too. My ego wanted everyone to know that I don't desire them to change. So that they feel accepted rather than attacked.

...which really thinking about it, was also a message to myself, for myself to feel accepted.

Hey, Sparkist, I mean this kindly . . . but sometimes it’s best to make an opinion and decision on things. Everyone’s ideas are best heard, but sometimes for the situation to progress, some kind of action should be taken. World peace can’t be reached without some agreed upon decision. Nor can much of poverty, war, lack of education, and many other things.

My decision here is to choose to believe you — that your ideas of peace here is better, and there’s no need to settle for anything less.

― Socrates

@WaterfallMachine Thank you :x I choose peace, for sure. And I'm open to all views and opinions within that peaceful paradigm. I'm also happy to check myself regularly. 

2 hours ago, Sparkist said:

I've witnessed several arguments over the past few days on here. They all seem to focus on 'I'm right, you're We're all just people trying our best to make it in this world, and make the most of it while we can. So...I guess I just wanted to say that. 

This is very insightful.  You understand that everyone is just doing what they do because that's their way of trying to find happiness.

source: cook-greuter.com 

Lately I find it harder and harder to skim through the posturing. Seems like it's always the same people. I can understand maybe sometimes these things are a way of helping someone grow. I just think if someone new comes in and the first thing they see is this, will they see the value? Just feels like it's excessive. Myself wonder if the pros outweigh the cons sometimes.