WaterfallMachine

How can you tell if you’re enlightened?

38 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ether said:

@WaterfallMachine Do you really need to be angry to defend yourself? Do you need to be fearful to not commit a crime? Do you need to be bored to do a stimulating activity? Do you need to be starving to eat?

Alexithymia is a disorder caused by trauma or a genetic difference. It's when a person cannot correctly identify their emotions, and sufferers often find that not being able to identify "negative" emotions cause a lot of baggage in life. The Adverse Childhood Experiences studies show that suppressing these emotions causes diseases and illnesses later in life from not releasing them. This, as well as the inability to change change negative events from their lives by not realizing how they're wrong.

I should know. I've been diagnosed with PTSD before and had Alexithymia myself.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

@WaterfallMachine Well, Im sorry you suffer from that, I wish I could take it away from you but I cant. You got to do it. Grab the world by its balls :) 

@Quanty @Etagnwo @Joseph Maynor

Thanks for these insights. I'll ponder on them and see for myself.

@Ether

It's alright. I've been getting a lot better these days now since I'm getting a lot of help. I think I'm feeling some sort of conistent happiness for the first time in years. Best of luck to you.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

― Socrates

Let me drop another bomb :) 

Any real awakened human being can sing professionally ;) 

Because the harmony of the chakras will make you want automatically sing of joy. 

5 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

It's ok. Just for the record I never offer an insight. I learned this from a book. I try not to offer my opinion when it comes to talking non duality 

I admire your sincerity. I myself only speak from personal experience. Otherwise, I will not be posting. 

Edited by Quanty

@Etagnwo Okay then. Will keep that in mind.

@Ether PS : I'm a lady, but since I'm pretty gay, I'll accept your girlfriend analogy. :P. That will be a new adultery story to fantasize at night.

@Quanty Huh, I am actually becoming a better singer these days. Holy crap, man! I'm becoming enlightened! B|.

― Socrates

@WaterfallMachine When you are shown the true nature of God / Infinity / the absolute  and have become it. If you have, you know when others have as well. But it is not the final step. Also, just as it's something one could attain, it is something one can loose if one isn't humbled. There are those who are awakened but go astray afterwards and loose it all.

Edited by furashido

It would be boring to say: "I finally get it, I know everything hahaha".

Never ends in my experience and opinion, the growth and awareness expand every day if you let it. 

Edited by Quanty

1 minute ago, furashido said:

@WaterfallMachine When you are shown the true nature of God / Infinity / the absolute  and have become it. If you have, you know when others have as well. But it is not the final step.

I can get why I could tell others may be enlightened. The deeper I go in self inquiry, the more I seem to be getting an intuition about people other that are way too detailed to be just coincidence. What is the final step then? Is it possible for me to know?

1 minute ago, Quanty said:

It would be boring to say: "I finally get it, I know everything hahaha".

Never ends in my experience and opinion, the growth and awareness expand every day if you let it. 

True. True.

― Socrates

@WaterfallMachine It is true, the more you know about your self, the more your intuition becomes heightened. Accept the nonexistence of your physical self. Meditate on it.

As it is inscribed on the temple of Delphi “Know thyself, and thou shalt know the universe and God.”

Edited by furashido

38 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

That's good to know :)

However (maybe this is a point for another thread) how can you be sure that your are interpreting your experience correctly? I hope you have the aid of some kind of teaching? I know you did read something. 

Yes, I put pieces together from my ex Christian life, the Bible, and general knowledge. But I could only figure it out using the Breath. Before using the breath consciously, I had no idea :) And I was addicted to information and books. Only when I skipped all the knowledge, let go everything I knew, only then it hit me. So one can spend a lifetime reading the very good material, if one does not tap into breath, the knowledge is useless ;) 

There are a lot of signs actually. I feeling that you know everything there is to know. A permanent shift in experience. Living in Absolute Nothingness. Unable to locate your 'self'. Complete disidentification from thoughts. The biggest one is the quest for enlightenment disappears.

I go in this thread about post enlightenment observations, hopefully its of help, check the last post too for more observations :)

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Subject object duality changes and it doesn't feel like here I am looking out this room, but rather it's all just showing up without any centrum to the experience.

Huge drop in self referential thoughts, and in general thinking becomes quieter, less verbalised, and much smaller part of an overall experience.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk