How to be wise

How to increase creativity?

74 posts in this topic

I’m referring more to the essence itself. 

25 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Indeed. Observation free of the knower.

This to me would fall under time/cultivation/the movement of duality(an entity and its conditioned movement)

Do you see what I mean? 

See by inspiration I mean a writer is inspired by roman culture so he makes a book on it

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@How to be wise I book-marked this post of Leo's where he talked about creativity:

"Infinite intelligence is at work in the movement of the entire universe. It all moves as one. Your ego cannot do that. Your ego is very linear and limited. If you want to be maximally creative, you need to get your ego out of the way so that you are directly tapping the infinite intelligence which is truly running the entire show and is responsible for all spontaneous insight -- on which artistic creative genius depends. The genius isn't yours, it's God's". 

7 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@okulele is that a reliable way? How long does that usually take? 

It can take no time at all, actually. Sit down with a piece of paper and play! Be like a child, without a plan. Just have fun. See what comes up. Do not judge. Don't try to make it fancy or creative.

I wrote an entire post about it a while back.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Hi, i do not want yo push you into drugs but lsd was something that gave me an explosion of creativity.In the past, correct and authentic meditation was keeping me creative.Now i do not use lsd.

@How to be wise Its kind of like that saying, ”learn everything, then forget everything you have learned”

Depending on what field one chooses as a chanel of creativity, one must know the techniques confiently to such a degree that they become second nature. 

And then you set an intention on why you are creating and become the tool.  

The Tao and Creativity   http://mindfulessays.blogspot.com/2011/05/creativity-and-tao-te-ching.html

An unexpected, creative learning process took place as I put together this paper.  I thought I was going to articulate in language how one generates through some step-by-step process, the paradoxical state of mind equivalent with Taothat leads to creative action.  But I didn't really know if there was some specific technique that I would discover or be able to communicate to the reader.  As I worked through the various texts with the thesis of creativity in mind, I slowly discovered that there is no specific, step-by-step technique (we Westerners always want a logical "how to" method that progresses through understandable steps!)

Rather, I discovered that Taoist creativity simply begins with shifting one's psychology and worldview to coincide with the Tao, letting it become the ground from which all one's thoughts and actions go forth.  In short, don't try be creative, but simply be like the Tao with its spontaneous movement and interpenetration of form and formlessness. Then natural creativity cannot help but come forth from your particular body-mind form in a unique way.  As you do this, you come to realize that attachment to what you create is itself a preclusion to future creativity.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

As you do this, you come to realize that attachment to what you create is itself a preclusion to future creativity.

Indeed. The entity and its movement of time. 

Only a mind without conflict can be creative. 

50 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Indeed. The entity and its movement of time. 

Only a mind without conflict can be creative. 

@Faceless A Taoist regards time as being no different than solid matter. That's quite an interesting view of time.

25 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Faceless A Taoist regards time as being no different than solid matter. That's quite an interesting view of time.

Yes. Do you see it? The obviousness if that. 

The question is, can we see all the subtle movements of time within ourselves? 

Very important if one is interested in the question of what is creativity. 

23 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Yes. Do you see it? The obviousness if that. 

The question is, can we see all the subtle movements of time within ourselves? 

Very important if one is interested in the question of what is creativity. 

@Faceless Yes it is cyclic. It ebbs and flows like the phases of the moon from waxing to waning or the changes of the seasons. So it is with creativity and everything in existence.

When winter is here we know that spring is coming.

But can we see it in oursleves? 

All the forms time takes within the inward movement of thought/self.

Do we see that the movement of time must end for there to be creativity?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Sure. The source of true creativity comes from beyond time and movement.

But the expression of creativity happens within time and movement.

As you clear your mind of its blocking beliefs (that you aren't creative enough), it becomes all creative. Or, like others have said, you can try to bypass the mind's blockages and enter in the free mind zone, with the help of substances, meditation, affirmation. But bypassing blockages takes effort and it means they're still there. So your best long time bet is to work at freeing your mind. A pure mind is all creative <3