Tom Daniel D

There's a problem. I want to do the seemingly impossible.

101 posts in this topic

@Robert That projection issue is interesting. Hope I get feedback from @Tom Daniel D

Since you got startled, it means it was offensive or discouraging. I'll keep an extra eye open for my behavior so I won't misbehave. After all I do not want to get punished :P

Let's clarify a few things

• From the materialistic p.o.v. we are individuals (humans). We perceive space and time through a personal perspective.
  • From a non-duality p.o.v. we are ONE, a single entity.

Share your wisdom, i am a newb

Is there something wrong if I shift between perspectives based on present circumstances to properly express a thought ? Regardless the answer, who is accredited to judge this?

// Thank you for your time

@Xenomorf This isn't about POV.

If you're a newbie I suggest you keep watching Leo's vids and implement what he teaches. You'll then experience things for yourself and you won't have to ask anybody to share wisdom - you'll have wisdom. And then to gain even more wisdom you will have to eventually outgrow Leo's vids and find your own spiritual path. Then, one day, you might become one of those true heroes I keep talking about. Good luck, you can do it.

And you can message me on here anytime if you need help or support.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@Robert cannot detect sarcasm while remaining condescendant.

You broke a lot of rules and I cannot trust anything you say. However I will try and help you since you seem lost. Even more, I will share some things with you.

I suggest you check out this link, where you can find Actualized.org Values ( very important set of rules and principles designed in a manner that we do not behave like monkeys ), and try to see for yourself where you went wrong.

Realize you didn't help me at all, since the best feedback I can get for my post is from the person I addressed in the first place where you just imposed limits of your personal beliefs. I truly want his opinion on the matter because I want to further understand a way of thinking that I am developing.  I won't go further into your other comments since i feel it is none of my business. 

I DO NOT blindly follow the information out there and neither should you ( including Leo's videos ) however trust me when I say Actualized.org is the closest it gets to Reality, and for that I give @Leo Gura so much props that words cannot describe. And that's it. I watched his videos since 2K15 and since then it represented let's say 2% of my time ( ~ 500 hours) which I think is a lot taking in consideration most of the time I was like in school, with a notebook and a pencil, constantly writing and searching for more information or to confirm his claims. The rest of the time I was too busy implementing more than even I could ever imagined.

Some times I disagree with Leo's vision of science, but it's ok. For some people I consider it necessary. Maybe Leo has issues at a friction point between green and orange. Maybe he says that in a key moment to enhance his message. Who knows ? I do not have time to give you links from his countless videos where he says : "Question everything""Make up your damn mind" and "Don't believe everything I say" ( and that is very scientifical if you ask me).  

Here is a thought experiment

Want to talk about heroes ? If someone was ever to discover something similar to "E=mc^2" or equivalent to that magnitude of impact, he/she shouldn't make it public ( to get famous or shit like that ) since humanity has so many problems on a global scale. This small equation for example gave even more power to power-hungry retards enabling them to control people through fear, starting wars and destroying the planet just for personal needs and I don't think we can tolerate this pettiness. That person needs to protect that information in order to implement it properly, to enhance the lives of people not destroy them, to bring even more freedom and stability, not enslave humanity to a handful of ignorants, to preserve true love and create a better tomorrow, etc. But in order to succeed in this endeavor every small detail counts, every step is important and everything is worth consideration, at least to a certain degree. People like this do not have time to be "noble heroes" in the eyes of others and ironically they usually take the blame, heat and go through hell but keeping up the pace, never giving up. There are more heroes than you can imagine and they are humble not noble. Noble is just a fairy tale concept of fame that, in my opinion, emerges from insecurity ( I could've made a mistake, although I am 99% percent certain of my statement ). A hero is selfless. Oh, and usually heroes do not consider themselves heroes. They just love humanity and do stuff normal people can't do. From this p.o.v. Leo is a hero, providing so much, selflessly, dedicating to a 24 h/day path for a lifetime just to understand life and help people with today's tools ( business, internet, whatever ). Nobody started a business like this, but he did it, and still thriving. He is not wasting time on forums bickering about what fancy words he just learned or dismiss people that do not share his vision, or how he met some yogi or whatever. Everything is purposefully driven while keeping an open heart. I suggest you take him as an example since you are so defensive of the concepts you learned from him ( took for granted, ahem ) and start doing more work on your own : 24 h/ day 365 days / year. Can you keep up the challenge ?

I think i made my point here. 

To sum up and colloquially add : Understand the limitations of waiting for "salvation" like a pussy. Start to embody one, like a man !

BE YOUR OWN HERO !

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that !

// i initially wrote child instead of pussy, but most heroes are pure children in their own little universes so the term is self-explanatory :P I hope you are mature enough to not get offended

Peace

@Xenomorf I had a feeling you were being sarcastic, but your understanding of the topics at hand made me think you were being serious.

And your previous post has so darn much wrong with it that I couldn't even get through the whole thing, thus I can no longer bother to discuss any of this with you. You're not at the level to be having these conversations. You need more intelligence and consciousness.

But maybe one day, if you develop yourself enough, you will realize that you can do the impossible. And then you will start to take action on that unbelievable opportunity. :)

Good luck!

@Robert Thank you for the prophecy.

What happened to your "noble hero" status ? 

Paradigm shift ? :P

Let me help you more.

You said : "your previous post has so darn much wrong with it that I couldn't even get through the whole thing "(1). You believe "The impossible is possible"(2). It is impossible for you to understand what I wrote thus contradicting your own signature and statement. 

I can assure you if you cannot make up your mind, somebody/something else will.

I have a feeling that everything you write is actually what you are trying to say to yourself but there is a breach somewhere in between. If you watched any of Leo's videos, he suggested many times : "Sit and do nothing". Now isn't that a powerful tool to start spirituality and understand the depths of you?

Pack up the courage to ask yourself "I may be wrong ?"  You firstly realize it was impossible for you to be wrong and yet you may be, confirming your theory through trial and error, IF you are honest with yourself and accept the Truth. After that go back to my post(s), read them and try to even further confirm your theory by understanding what you thought was intrusive, stupid or whatever you judged the information to be. 

// It's amazing how minds work, don't they ?

// Don't you want to eat an Orange ? :P

// Oh and btw if you really wish me the best stop being condescendant. That luck you wish me is really a privilege I do not have time for.

Peace

Edited by Xenomorf
Adding a thought experiment ^.^

@Robert  Many of the things you say just don't stick with each other. You say how you have good intentions and all that and then you start attacking everyone for the sake of imposing your beliefs. That's so hypocritical.

Edited by Aethereus

@Aethereus Sometimes you need to slap some people upside the head or they will never get it.

@Robert That's true, if you can do it the right way. And to me, being all narcissistic about it and barely showing any understanding doesn't seem to be effective at all

Edited by Aethereus

@Aethereus I'm still curious if I can make him understand he is contradicting himself, but then again, you cannot open a locked door without a door knob that burns when you touch it.

Is he a friction between Blue and Red ?

Some feedback, anyone ? ^_^

@Robert I don't know who you think you are or why you feel so entitled to "slap" me, especially in that descriptive thoughtful manner. Please feel free to come and personally slap me any time you want. 

If you really understand what you read in English I suggest ( again ) go read  the guidelines.

You act against the Laws, Principles and Values of Actualized.org and after our dialog I found out you have no clue what you are talking about.

Since I am a "newb", and you are the only one that seems to have a problem with that, I will have a word with the moderators. I think they know exactly what to do.

Why? 

Because you have the possibility of discouraging others to open up and talk like mature people do. The values in place are for people to express freely and get the appropriate feedback. Your attitude can ruin this carefully thought out ecosystem.

This isn't facebook ! This isn't league of legends ! xD

Edited by Xenomorf
all hail the grammar rules

@Aethereus Honestly, you sound trapped. Trapped in your unconscious ideas of right and wrong. Try to see this.

@Xenomorf I'm actually done talking to you, tried to make that clear in my last response. Please leave this thread, thank you.

CnPquSPWIAAsWK6.jpg

On 7/14/2018 at 5:29 PM, Robert said:

@Tom Daniel D You're on the right track. Keep developing yourself and maybe one day you will become one of those warriors I spoke about. :)

Good luck!

@Robert Thanks! I'll do my best. Truth in it's most pure form is what I really strive to understand, otherwise I am just deluded chasing my tail. I will continue to explore, learn, and develop myself.

Also, I am saying this out of purely good intentions, but your comments do come off as a bit egotistical. I am not judging, but it's just the perspective I naturally received and others seem to have received. Nonetheless, thanks for sharing yourself in this conversation :) 

On 7/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, Xenomorf said:

@Tom Daniel D Hello ! I wrote a comment earlier and I am very curious if you understand what I wrote there about managing love, and the subtleness of believing in good/bad to the extent that you sacrifice too much. Also please tell me if I offended or discouraged you in any way, because that wasn't the intention at all. ^_^

I started on the same path a few years ago and it gets even better. My mission is to unify Science & Spirituality. I have a strong empathy towards what you said and I wish to share something with you. I have a feeling you resonate with the topic :P

// Are you a programmer ? :D

@Xenomorf I am not offended or discouraged at all. I don't quite understand what you mean by managing love or the subtleness of believing in good/bad to the extent that you sacrifice too much. Could you please elaborate?

From a dualistic perspective, I do believe that humanity, nature, and earth should continue to grown into a singular organism. Society should begin to function as well as individual living organisms already do. We are the cells forming a more macroscopic organism, we just aren't cooperating as well as the cells of our own bodies. Surely we aren't the only organisms in this Universe on the same path. Maybe organisms grow into infinity both micro and macroscopically. Maybe we'll merge into an even higher organism with an alien organism. I can only dream... haha.

I really admire your mission to unify Science and Spirituality. I think science has turned a blind eye to the intuitive side of things. Yin needs Yang and vice versa. Humans usually find some sort of truth before science is able to explain it in any materialistic capacity. I don't have enough experience with nonduelism yet to deeply grasp spirituality. Just some hints of experiences.

Yeah, I am a programmer. Actually I am focusing on AI. I want to be part of using it for good and mitigating its dangers, because whether we like it or not, it's already impacting our society. It will be the most powerful tool humans have found. Maybe, eventually, even the new brain for our Earth organism 9_9

On 14.7.2018 at 6:22 PM, Tom Daniel D said:

Wow. Thanks everyone for all of the responses! I really appreciate the time everyone took to give such thoughtful answers. Sorry to have been so distant.

There is a lot of argument about what is real and not real and what real even means. So what is real? Whatever is happening right now in this moment. I think the answer is as simple as that. Someone that is schizophrenic is having an absolute real experience in their own perspective, it's just not the same experience that the rest of us are having. I think we easily confuse the difference between real experience that is personal and objective experience. All experience is real, just not shared.

If this is all a dream then why bother making sacrifices to change it right? The question I care to understand is am I the only sentient agent experiencing this so called dream, or am I having a shared dream with other sentient agents? If everyone that I perceive as a sentient agent is only a hallucination and has no actual perceptual experience, then yes, I am completely waisting my time and shouldn't think about "them", for they are only a simulation. On the other hand, if I am having a shared dream experience with other sentient beings, then this means their suffering is as true as my own suffering. So why should I let other sentient beings suffer immensely if I might be able to do something about it? That pain is certainly real because I have experienced it. If I wish to not experience extreme suffering for myself, then I should also wish for others to not experience it as well. Just because I am not experiencing the suffering of others outside of my own bubble of consciousness, doesn't mean that other conscious bubbles' suffering is less important than my own, because it still occurs "out there" to the same intensity as my own, or even more.

@Tom Daniel D

Are you involved in effective altruism by any chance?

On 7/30/2018 at 5:23 AM, Zweistein said:

@Tom Daniel D

Are you involved in effective altruism by any chance?

I definitely am taking the effective altruism approach. I had to look it up to refresh my memory, but I think the first time I heard the term was a podcast with William MacAskill. The question that I continue asking and revising the answer to is, "How do we achieve the most positive influence in the Universe"? One thing that must be answered is if life is even good or is that perspective just an evolutionary manifestation. I believe that life is good but I do not have any evidence to turn that belief into actual understanding. For now I can only follow my heart on this one.

Let's just assume that life is good. Resting upon that assumption, I believe that extreme suffering must be reduced for all that can experience it. This is not limited to humans, but to anything that can experience suffering. Focus should be prioritized based on the intensity or capacity for suffering. If one dolphin has the capacity to experience more suffering than 1000 humans, then that dolphin should get the priority. Why should suffering be prioritized only by the form it manifests itself in? However, since humans are essentially an organism than we must have more focus on fixing ourselves through society. We should focus on ourselves as a whole just as us as individuals should focus on ourselves before focusing too much on that outside of ourself. We must radiate positivity into humanity by first fixing ourselves individually. Humanity must radiate positivity into the Universe by first fixing itself as an organism.

Even while we are working to fix ourselves individually it's a continuous process. While we work on ourself we can still use some resources to produce good outside of ourself. There's a balance to be found there. I am currently focusing intensely on resource building, financial and social, because I believe the more intense focus right now will have a greater impact in the future than having not built these resources. On the side I am working on myself and starting to reach out to build a like-minded network. I plan to slowly shift my focus from resource building heavily over to self development, contemplation, and think tank building to use the resources in the most effective way.

Our society is at a point where corporations have the most power out of any type of system in our society. Therefore we should use corporate principles to build a system that has great power to influence society. However, power to control the most powerful systems in society MUST be distributed or else we are back to square one. We should use all practical tools at hand to spread positivity. I cannot see a reason to not use the same tactics that Russia used to influence our election, but for the right causes instead. Anything else is just waisting time and energy while extreme suffering continues.

A huge problem though is if such a positive machine was created based on corporate principles, psychological manipulation, etc, to have great influence on society, then how do we prevent concentrated corrupt power from taking control of it eventually? I think this is the real problem that must be solved. Discovering a way to prevent corrupt egos from gaining power. There are so many questions that need to be answered.

I am thinking that a powerful system could be created that in turn establishes a distributed system that still has power to influence. Perhaps creating a standard organization to study, develop, and then implement a distributed system of positive influence. For example, build an insanely profitable corporation on the scale of Apple, Google, etc, and then use all extra resources for R&D of a new government and the building of a better society. Then begin to integrate the better system into the wild slowly. Performing rapid testing and feedback. Slowly evolve the system until it works well. There is no reason that once such a system worked well enough, then our current governments would have no reason to exist any longer. They surely wouldn't go down without a fight though, but I think they could be starved of funding or something. Just like Leo mentioned, all systems develop their own macroscopic egos and even departments of larger systems of their own egos. These egos come with self preservation instincts.

Anyway, I think I am rambling now. Let's work out the problems together everyone!

Edited by Tom Daniel D

On 7/29/2018 at 3:46 PM, Tom Daniel D said:

@Xenomorf I am not offended or discouraged at all. I don't quite understand what you mean by managing love or the subtleness of believing in good/bad to the extent that you sacrifice too much. Could you please elaborate?

From a dualistic perspective, I do believe that humanity, nature, and earth should continue to grown into a singular organism. Society should begin to function as well as individual living organisms already do. We are the cells forming a more macroscopic organism, we just aren't cooperating as well as the cells of our own bodies. Surely we aren't the only organisms in this Universe on the same path. Maybe organisms grow into infinity both micro and macroscopically. Maybe we'll merge into an even higher organism with an alien organism. I can only dream... haha.

I really admire your mission to unify Science and Spirituality. I think science has turned a blind eye to the intuitive side of things. Yin needs Yang and vice versa. Humans usually find some sort of truth before science is able to explain it in any materialistic capacity. I don't have enough experience with nonduelism yet to deeply grasp spirituality. Just some hints of experiences.

Yeah, I am a programmer. Actually I am focusing on AI. I want to be part of using it for good and mitigating its dangers, because whether we like it or not, it's already impacting our society. It will be the most powerful tool humans have found. Maybe, eventually, even the new brain for our Earth organism 9_9

@Xenomorf Any updates? I am curious of what you meant.

@Tom Daniel D I just realized that you wrote an answer to me. Thank you for writing so much! It makes a lot of sense to me actually. Considering the power of collective egos, could it maybe be a better idea to pursue projects "alone"?:ph34r:

On 8/12/2018 at 2:29 PM, Zweistein said:

@Tom Daniel D I just realized that you wrote an answer to me. Thank you for writing so much! It makes a lot of sense to me actually. Considering the power of collective egos, could it maybe be a better idea to pursue projects "alone"?:ph34r:

@Zweistein I guess what you mean by alone is working without an organization of people, but possible still collaborating. This is certainly an interesting idea. I do have a hard time seeing how this approach could have a rapid positive impact. It's the unification and working together towards a well defined vision that achieves the vision effectively. In the startup world you either band together and work towards the vision extremely focused with very tight feedback loops, or you die.

Ego itself is not entirely a bad thing, as it serves a purpose. However I believe we will evolve beyond its purpose when we have matured enough as a species to realize we don't need it anymore. Just as the ego has a purpose, so does the collective ego to guarantee survival. If we think of humanity as an organism, there are collective systems that cannot die or humanity will stop evolving and adapting to the ever-changing cosmos. These collective systems within humanity are analogous to the organs of the body, serving a purpose for the entire population that creates the single organism. Ego is currently what keeps the systems of society together and functioning in harmony with itself. In order for humanity to maintain the organism that its seemingly meant to be, our individual systems must begin to work together in harmony just as well as all of the components of our bodies. I guess the big question is, is this possible without ego? I suspect it is only when us individual humans have outgrown our own egos. So for now we must work within the current framework, or Spiral Dynamic level, in order to have a sustaining positive impact.

Another extremely important aspect of a successful system is diversity itself. Diversity allows for innovation and adaptability. When you get a group of the right people together, it is more powerful and effective than any individual partly because of diversity. I think an organization with the right foundational principles is able to protect it from corruption. Perhaps blockchain is an effective approach to power distribution in order to mitigate a coup from corruption. I am really inspired by the open source software community. Much of the Internet runs of open source software. What's the most effective way to drive forward progress towards a vision in the most equally distributed way possible?