phoenix666

deep breathing - knots dissolving?

13 posts in this topic

wow, I don't really know what happened right now during the last meditation session. so I decided to share my experience.

for some reason, right at the start I got stuck with this idea of "deep stomach breathing." I actually know where it comes from, too. thanks to @Nahm <3 your words just kept knocking at my awareness (usually, when I do awareness of breath, I focus on my nose) so I just went for it. and wow. it happened in waves, again and again: I definitively felt something in my abdomen! difficult to describe, the only analogy I can find is 'knots dissolving/opening'. it felt like my abdominal cavity would expand and expand, sometimes inhalation extending without my control.

someone had similar experiences? what is that? 

thank you beforehand <3

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

When we meditate on the breath, all kinds of weird sensation will show up from time to time. It's just a weird thing the mind starts doing, and something you will get used to. These novel sensations don't mean much, but our monkey minds can be distracted and facinated by them and start ascribing them significance and meaning. The best way to deal with them is to just make a mental note that you are aware of whats occuring, let it be, and return your focus of attention back to the breath. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

heared of law of attraction? if you check if the results came, they wont come. @Erlend K said correctly, just keep observing.

@Viking thanks, I'll train my observational skills:ph34r:

@Erlend K oh, I see. I can totally see what you mean. I was already hoping for some cool chakra stuff going on. like Manipura/navel chakra opening or something exciting like that xD 

49 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

like Manipura/navel chakra opening or something exciting like that

it could be, but ultimately, again, measuring progress is a distraction and backtracks progress. 

p.s. lol sorry if i repeated myself, it just seemed like maybe you didnt get it.

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

it could be, but ultimately, again, measuring progress is a distraction and backtracks progress. 

p.s. lol sorry if i repeated myself, it just seemed like maybe you didnt get it.

no, don't worry. you're right. measuring progress can be motivating, but it can also be a trap, like you say. and it's one I fall into again and again. I come from an extremely goal oriented society.. hard to unwire such a pattern/belief system. repeating it might help to dissolve myself from it xD 

9 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

no, don't worry. you're right. measuring progress can be motivating, but it can also be a trap, like you say. and it's one I fall into again and again. I come from an extremely goal oriented society.. hard to unwire such a pattern/belief system. repeating it might help to dissolve myself from it xD 

im also like that, lol, im just sharing the map. balance is the key i guess.

@phoenix666 Yes. I experienced almost exactly what you are explaining. It felt like something that was hidden deep, deep under came up and untied itself. It reminded me of the internal knots I read about in Thich Nhat Hanh's book. Basically something that was stuck for a long time released at last!

But of course, as other's are saying, don't cling to that. It's gone now.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Go on my padawan, don't stop ;) 

2 hours ago, okulele said:

something that was hidden deep, deep under came up and untied itself.

2 hours ago, okulele said:

something that was stuck for a long time released at last!

exactly this. <3 ok, thanks for sharing your experience, @okulele right, I'll try not to cling to it. just observing and letting myself sink into it deeper 

hahah thanks @Quanty  I won't <3

Yes! That is healing right there. Keep focusing on that region. If you focus on your nose you will still have thoughts, as your awareness is close to your head. Keep it on your abdomen and you will enter a state of no thought sooner than you can hear @Nahm's voice in your head :) (I wonder if it sound deep and manly, or soft and gentle!)

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Solace said:

Yes! That is healing right there. Keep focusing on that region. If you focus on your nose you will still have thoughts, as your awareness is close to your head. Keep it on your abdomen and you will enter a state of no thought sooner than you can hear @Nahm's voice in your head :) (I wonder if it sound deep and manly, or soft and gentle!)

thank you very much for your input, Solace! hahaha it's very deep, gentle and soft in my imagination xD