whatishappeningtome

First Ego Death/Enlightenment Experience with Neti Neti Method (Graphics Included)

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share some images I have created after I had quite an intense experience last night after doing Leos Neti Neti Enlightenment Guided Inquiry.

After I watched Leos video on The Truth about Spiritual Enlightenment multiple times, I thought I had gained a logical grasp of it. Neti Neti has been the only way I have been able to accept what I actually am in reality as truth and experience a glimpse of it myself. My favourite thing about it is that your mind begins to open up while doing the inquiry until it is open enough to question the very nature of all your beliefs systems. 

It honestly feels like your mind is being warped and every belief system you once held is just recognised as a story and thought. 

The kind of thoughts that ran through "my" mind when doing this inquiry were - "Could you have actually been born if there wasn't a thought confirming this belief?" & "How could I possibly die if my physical body never existed in the first place?".

I'd be happy for you to let me know if you think I'm on the right track after reading the text on the images I posted. I decided to create them because unfortunately even though I am aware of this truth, it is very easy to get sucked back into the mundane world. 

Thanks

Dream 3.jpg

Dream4.jpg

how much time have you been practicing?

If it is a real ego death. Then, i am happy for you man :) 

I recommend you to read the book Be-as-You-Are-The-Teachings-of-Sri-Ramana-Maharshi. It will clear a lot of things for you. 

I have read only the chapter of self-inquiry yesterday. Then, I sit down to contemplate. i was able to reach a profound emptiness in just 1 hour. 

5 hours ago, whatishappeningtome said:

Only an ego wants to kill an ego. 

Any positve action is a movement of ego. 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

So true @Faceless  

And  @whatishappeningtome thanks for sharing! This is so amazing and very simple to understand. Thanks!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 5/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, Faceless said:

So can it be said: thought/mind/ego disguises itself as something beyond or outside thought/mind/ego, taking the form "I want to kill my ego."   It's like the analogy of the thief pretending to be the policeman to go after the thief. 

1 minute ago, robdl said:

So can it be said: thought/mind/ego disguises itself as something beyond or outside thought/mind/ego, taking the form "I want to kill my ego."   It's like the analogy of the thief pretending to be the policeman to go after the thief. 

Indeed...Thought/self attributes to itself as existing independent of thought/self. 

This is implies the dualism as you said “I want to kill my ego” 

There is a contradiction in that “I the thinker” is not actually seperate from “the thought.” Or “I” am not seperate from “my ego” 

When ever there is any movement of will/volition to end time there is contradiction. Because time “thought/ego” is used to accomplish that “goal” implies duality/division. And when ever there is this movement of time/thought, inevitably comes contradiction. Any movement is therefore positive action. Time attempting to end time...⭕️ The cause is the effect and the effect is the cause. 

@robdl

Do you see the significance of that?

What it implies? 

Its tremendously important. 

25 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@robdl

Do you see the significance of that?

What it implies? 

Its tremendously important. 

In the sense that any effort/volition of any kind is dualistic --- just ego self-perpetuation? Yeah.  I can understand why the highest teaching may just be "Be silent" -- no methods, techniques offered -- with the subsequent teaching "...but don't even have the volition to be silent."

Even while reading your post though, the mind still goes into "but what do I do about it..." mode, habitually.

Edited by robdl

20 minutes ago, robdl said:

In the sense that any effort/volition of any kind is dualistic --- just ego self-perpetuation?

Yes. Positive movement nourishes/strengthens the very problem.

I can understand why the highest teaching may just be "Be silent," with the subsequent teaching "...but don't even have the volition to be silent."

I don’t know i never acquired any knowledge to see this thankfully...This would have caused more problems than assisted. 

Actually the movement of thought “knowledge, past experience, through memory is the problem. That’s where you next question is answered.

Even while reading your post though, the mind still goes into "but what do I do about it..." mode, habitually.

Thought/self being knowledge, past experience, memory “time” is trying to formulate a response to solve the problem. But it is the problem. Thought is mechanicaly fragmented. So it tends to do this instantly. 

Let this absorb. So you can see it. The whole of it. 

Edited by Faceless

Who said ego does not exist?

The ego is a temporal blueprint of your own growth or fall. It is what we use to function and reconsolidate each time we discover more of the true self.