Dodo

Am I X or Am I Aware of X

54 posts in this topic

Offering you a simple practice you may do any moment during your day when you remember. It's a spin of self enquiry in which you systematically use thoughts (specifically questions) to direct and move your attention deeper towards truth. 

Simply ask yourself, am I this or am I aware of this? Am I doing this action or am I aware of doing this action? Use whatever is most obvious in your experience at this moment and apply this question to it. 

For example, say you are walking down the street. The most obvious thing that is happening is that you are walking, so now ask the question: Am I walking or am I aware of walking? Move attention in direction of the answer. Since you asked that question and now you had that thought... Perhaps you notice that and ask yourself further... Am I thinking or am I aware of thinking?

Am I writing a forum post or am I aware of writing a forum post? Am I reading a thread or am I aware of reading a thread?

Am I alive or am I aware of being alive? Am I dead or am I aware of being dead?

Am I tired or am I aware of being tired? Am I sad or am I aware of being sad? Am I annoyed or am I aware of being annoyed? Am I this or am I aware of this? Am I that or am I aware of that? Am I doing this or am I aware of doing this?

This is a simple practice which I find useful and I thought i'd share.  

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Neither:)

But it's a good enquiry, don't you think?

@Dodo is helping people not to identify with everyday thoughts and doings. 

He help people get some conscious space in their lives. 

What do you mean by "neither" ? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Just now, MarkusSweden said:

But it's a good enquiry, don't you think?

@Dodo is helping people not to identify with everyday thoughts and doings. 

He help people get some conscious space in their lives. 

What do you mean by "neither" ? 

I think it’s a great question :)

My response will not help one see. Nature of Thought/self must be understood to see what I mean.

If one looks at my last posts I stress this like a broken record. Because it’s very important.

Edited by Faceless

Am I X or Am I Aware of X?? 

Start off with understanding what one deals with on a daily basis.. what is the nature, structure, and substance of the “i”?? What is the self/ego? How does it manifest. What are it’s limitations?? What does it thrive off of? What is it’s function?? And so on. 

Which means to inquire into all aspects of ones consciousness and how they relate/interdepend . Fear, anger, sorrow, pleasure, pain, desire, jealousy, violence, “psychological time” and all the other implications of the conditioned consciousness. 

This is real self inquiry.

I would start with fear and pleasure. 

The one who investigates must understand themselves in order to explore in an orderly way. Otherwise the investigator corrupts the investigation. 

Edited by Faceless

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

My response will not help one see. Nature of Thought/self must be understood to see what I mean.

If one looks at my last posts I stress this like a broken record. Because it’s very important.

I understand you. But you see faceless..

if you really want to help you must meet them at their level. 

You have to move down from the very top of the mountain and taylor enquiry methods that are aline with their current understanding of reality. 

Ramana Maharashi thought "silence" was the highest teaching, but he also understood that his adepts wouldn't understand that. So he simply came up with enquiry methods that suited his devotes. 

@Dodo try to help these poor suffering people who are taken the illusive nature of reality to be a "real" reality. 

We can share higher understanding in PM's. But the forum is not yet ready for the highest teaching it seems. 

But to me @Faceless you are incredible important, I really like how you cut all the BS, go strait to the core, to the bone of the issue. Always simple, brilliant and clear. You are the teacher for the already enlightened ones.. ;) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

55 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

if you really want to help you must meet them at their level. 

You have to move down from the very top of the mountain and taylor enquiry methods that are aline with their current understanding of reality. 

I can not teach anyone anything. I am simply sharing what it takes to see. Understand thought/self. 

I didn’t learn from anyone. This has made this much easier. When people explain things away to others they are in fact not helping at all. More of a disservice.

Explore yourself. Thats the only way. 

Edited by Faceless

23 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Ramana Maharashi thought "silence" was the highest teaching, but he also understood that his adepts wouldn't understand that. So he simply came up with enquiry methods that suited his devotes. 

There is a crucial contradiction in doing this...but to the person that is not aware of themselves they will not see that. 

As I explained to @MarkusSweden

If one is seeking psychological security there will only be perpetual psychological insecurity. The seeker is that which they seek. It’s starting off with an immediate contradiction. 

I am just sharing a “non path” and direct approach that will eliminate all the conflict and suffering that will take place through ones entire life. This is not a quick fix either. It is permanent. To play the method game will only trim the branches. We need to get to the root. 

Have we asked ourselves why we resist understanding oursleves so persistently?? 

Why do we always look to another to solve these inward problems?? 

Might is have so something to do with fear and always wanting to self sooth the psyche, “escape to any answer offered to maintain a sense of permanence” psychological security? 

Edited by Faceless

Since we here have already taken an interest to liberation we share a responsiblity. Consider ourselves catalyst for stream of consciousness. 

I am happy to share this responsibility with you guys.

There is no teacher. We are all students of life. 

Living is an art. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Since we here have already taken an interest to liberation we share a responsiblity. Consider ourselves catalyst for stream of consciousness. 

I am happy to share this responsibility with you guys. 

You are truly unique being. You have integrity, but what is more important, you have a kind of independency in relation to other people it seems. You simply go your path, and if there is friction, it's not because your path is unconventional, because you are indifferent to others projections and opinions. That's what makes you so lovable. And that is probably the reason you realise the deepest purest truth in existence without and teacher or spiritual literature. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

11 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

You are truly unique being. You have integrity, but what is more important, you have a kind of independency in relation to other people it seems. You simply go your path, and if there is friction, it's not because your path is unconventional, because you are indifferent to others projections and opinions. That's what makes you so lovable. And that is probably the reason you realise the deepest purest truth in existence without and teacher or spiritual literature. 

That’s nice of you, but I disagree:)

I am an everyday normal dude. We are the same. I just never complied with society and its conditioning. This has helped me negate certain obvious falsifications about life. I am an average being and I appreciate that. 

I am no more or less special than anyone. But only through measure “thought” does that even enter as a possibility. Be careful with your beliefs about yourself. They will get ya. 

Edited by Faceless

If you will do this you will never "figure" it out its a good start tho because thoughts are distraction that dont allow you to see truth...(do it to a sertent point dont stuck in there forever)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

4 hours ago, Faceless said:

Neither:)

@Faceless Are you aware?

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Am I reading a forum thread, or am I aware of reading?

Neither, there is just reading.

No subject, no object.

⭕️=time=thought=self 

⭕️ cannot see itself. 

⭕️ Must end to see 

To understand the whole of ⭕️ Is the ending of ⭕️

Stop looking for an answer and understand the whole of the problem.

Explore yourself:) 

No matter what you here from others you will never capture the whole of this by mere explanation. The description is never the described. Any description is a movement of time. Duality/division is still interpreting that explanation , therefore still a movement of time. 

Time/duality/division must end. Only then is there TRUTH. Otherwise we will chase our own tails ⭕️

TRUTH IS TIMELESS 

Edited by Faceless

@Mikael89

Never deny or accept anything..only thought/time plays that game. 

Stop accumulating ideas...Explore yourself. There is no other way. 

As I have said many times before, start with fear, pleasure, psychological time. 

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Girzo

So you are denying awareness? And maybe Faceless is too.

I don't think any spiritual teacher is denying the I am (awareness).

denying of awareness is a thought! Just as recognise of awareness is a thought. 

ANY thought is a movement of time. Mind is dependent on time, but truth is TIMELESS. 

Therefore you can't use the mind to arrive there. 

The whole question about awareness existence or non existence dissolves, not because there is no answer, but because there is no question. 

Your question arise from duality/self/mind/time, you can only get a "matrix-answer" to that question. 

Because from absolute perspective, there is no such question.

It's so simple it's crazy. 

Wake up!  

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

I don't like the "I am awareness" phrase, because it kind of implies existence of some personal entity. I prefer "There is only awareness/one substance/nothingness" approach, since it doesn't carry that baggage.

Most people "understand" words of spiritual teachers and are still not enlightened. I couldn't care less about someone's else interpretation of their words. I don't mean to offend you, the same applies to me.

Question is do we see the significance of this?? 

Can we employ methods, techniques, systems, and all other movements of time to reach that which is timeless?? 

To do so implies a dualistic/divisive movement of the thinker. But the thinker is the thought. So any movement in this direction will remain dualistic. Tou see how any movement will remain contradictory???

Therefore “non duality” “nothingness” “truth” is not. 

That’s the difference between an intellectual understanding and true embodiment. Intellectual understanding is very partial/limited/finite. 

But to actually embody this truth is infinite energy/intelligence that is whole. This is where WISDOM IS BORN.

Edited by Faceless