Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deepu

Self judgement

8 posts in this topic

Is being judgmental and critical of one's own self a good thing .I often judge myself and that leads me to lack of self confidence.do you people also judge yourself?.how to increase self love ?

Increase self love by valuing criticism less. Meditate to see why you would be less critical, or maybe read about it

I think it's okay to be critical of yourself to a point. Personally, this is one of my struggles as well. I think in cases where you make a mistake, it is good to be critical of yourself to ensure the mistake isn't made again. But I tend to let it get to me a little more than I think I should. That's why we keep working at it :) 

Just try to focus on positive criticism to help your improvement, and let go of the petty things that your ego is trying to distract you with, if that makes sense :) 

Hello.

Thank you for opening this topic.

I'll give you a straight answer.

You can't be happy when you're judgemental. Why? Because you don't accept yourself and that's what causes neurosis.

My advice to you is to be aware of your thoughts. Awareness alone is CURATIVE. You'll see that over time.

You can also contemplate on a daily basis. That will help.

Another thing you can do is to start a meditation habit. Daily.

Good luck!

Me on the road less traveled.

@Deepu

You need the ability to self-reflect, but you don't want to turn that into self-attack where you hate yourself. Meditate.

@Deepu Judgement is not alignment, because it’s inherently false. Whatever you’re judging, is you. Judgement is nonacceptance, denial of Self, ignorance. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I think we judge ourselves because we care much about how others perceive us and this is not a constructive way of thinking. 

You are less likely to judge yourself if you did something while you were alone when no one was watching isnt it?

Self judgment is all about illusions that the mind creates. 

Let go of judging. Every time you notice judgment, stop and start repeating tenderly to yourself "I love you". Give yourself that much, you deserve to be loved by yourself. Good luck :)

Use the Prayer Swat Team!