BarkingTurtle

How Can I guide my Friends to awakening through LSD?

13 posts in this topic

So I started my consciousness journey last August, so now it's about a year of growth. And I'm really glad where I'm now. I'm meditating 30min daily, doing self-inquiry, contemplation, concentration exercises also reading, life purpose all the positive things that came out to my life from meditating and discovering spirituality is just mind-blowing.

I want to give that to my friends this June.

I'm going to come back to my home country Lithuania (currently situated in England) for a week or so. Me and my friends planned to go camping and have LSD there. Because they are not really spiritual, I would say to the toxic side. Before I remove them from my life I want to give them the best ride of their lifes. I want to show them the world that I'm in.

The question is. How do I effectively guide my friends through the trip? What should I aim for? How can I set up the whole trip to reach maximum growth?

Thank you in advanced!

Just have some fun. Dropping acid with friends is for that, not for having some reality-shattering realizations. You need a lot of preparation for that.

Anyways, it will be spiritual to some extend regardless of what you decide to do.

I don't know brother, it sounds like you have some unrealistic expectations to me. Psychedelics can't be lassoed and controlled like that. Come to think of it, people can't be, either.

If they are friends, why are you cutting them from your life? If they aren't your friends, why do all of this?

You cant.

You lead by example.

Focusing and trying to change/awaken others will get you lost back in their level.

Plant the seeds, show them the door but that's all you can do, if you push further you will only be limiting your own awakening/awareness.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

23 hours ago, JustinS said:

"Ego should be a controlled substance"

?

Thank you all for your answers!

So what I've got from you guys is that taking LSD with my friends and expecting them to join me on the journey is not very realistic. The only thing I can do is to have fun with them, throw them seeds and hope that they'll pick up what I'm trying to say.

I see the point of the video, Throughout all of the trip, I should aim to control my Ego and BE

Enjoy the ride and learn from experience I guess.

Thank you!

It is certainly possible to help guide and induce a genuine spiritual experience, but your friends would  have to be open to that.  In the 60's The Tibetan Book of the Dead was often read aloud while taking LSD for this purpose.  The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide by James Fadiman touches on the role of the guide during psychedelic journeys, although I'm sure more detailed resources exist somewhere.  My understanding is the  intention of the guide to genuinely help is quite important.

Edited by CGrizs

Maybe this books guideline helps your friend:

The Psychedelic Experience A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead-Citadel (2000)

it is short, good structured and gives perfect settings advice for LSD. It gives you as the trip sitter as well as the tripper a guideline, how the tripper can experience god. 

Give a report if it worked for your friends. For me alone it helped a lot

It's a little more complicated than "just have fun". And Leary's psychedelicized practice of the reading of the Bardo Thodol, Tibetan Book of the Dead, well, that's some fairly heavy shit, and not exactly easy for fairly skilled trippers to pull off.

It's definitely possible to guide people towards having powerful, meaningful, and awakening LSD experiences.

It's also a very serious and real ethical responsibility. To take a friend into those experiences who did not want to go could end up imposing a great ethical debt on your life, and it might actively injure you or others. On the other hand, it might all turn out for the best. fate is funny that way.

(But, if you do experience it as obligating you to ethical debt, or causing an "injury" to you or your friend's mind, well, it won't seem so funny, altho ultimately fate is fate, and fate is neutral.)

I would suggest this. How do you ordinarily guide and direct yourself when you trip? Do you take teh LSD as a sacrament? Do you meditate or pray, or do anything ritual, or do anything with the intent that it affect your experience?

It's fairly ethically balanced to say to your friends, "Hey, this is how I do it. And since this is how I do it, I'm going to do it that way. You don't have to do it the way I do. You don't even have to watch, altho you're welcome to, I don't mind. For me, what I want is to have this kind of thing happen. (and maybe say a few words about whatever your ideas are about what you think you are getting from this molecule. But just a few.) You guys, decide for yourselves what you want. But, let's all watch out for each other, okay? We're together, because we are taking this thing, and it's gonna be something real. We take care of each other."

Then you do whatever it is you do when you take LSD. They watch, they participate, or they do something else, as they choose.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now here's the thing. The crux of the matter.

When the LSD has come full on, and you are all tripping balls, another set of principles and obligations become active.

And there is nothing you can do about their activation. they are inherent to those types and levels of mind.

You have more experience. You may even have started to build up true abilities. Let's call these the powers that come with awakening. You may know how to use those powers. You may have no idea that those powers exist, but still have them. Or you may have none of the powers of awakening activated yet, which in some ways would be a stroke of good fortune, but still, you have more experience.

Unless one of your friends is a born natural talent who leaps ahead of you in the powers of awakening, you are going to be the leader, by virtue of experience.

And it's in the actions of the leader that the paths of a group trip experience are chosen.

And when those moments come, be who you are, and do your best.

Edited by Bill Eichman
left out a word that affected the meaning if the sentence.

Linkėjimai iš Škotijos ;)

I am about to do tripping with my buddy soon who has never tried LSD (altough tried some mushrooms). Only a year ago he resisted the idea, but recently after realizing the depths and significance of nonduality, he himself told me that he feels ready and wants to try it with me. Since he has strong understanding in awareness I know it's going to be easy with him. I was thinking about what we could do while tripping, but then realized that no matter what we think of doing, it boils down to the INTENTION (exploring nondual nature of consciousness) and then surrendering, surrendering, surrendering to the experience. And the way this exploration of consciousness would manifest is really out of our mind control, altough depends on the awareness of the moment of tripping itself. I find it best to just set the intention and flow seeing where it takes it. I've done quite few trips, both with friends and solo, so what I'm thinking with my friend is to just flow in the authentic direction of my trip, doing the usual - meditating, listening guided meditations, exploring objects and talking. Do the trip for YOU first and foremost, and as already mentioned by someone in the thread, this will be an example for others who are tripping with you.

Listening to this while peaking can be one hell of an insightful and enlightening moments for your friends (if they are open to it):