Faceless

Every step one takes towards the absolute is a movement of thought?

18 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Faceless said:

You can't take any step towards absolute. How can the infinite happen through finite efforts? The only thing that can be done is to remove hindrances.

Not a movement of thought but rather a stopping or disindentifying from thought

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I like the Rupert Spiral analogy.

"Stand up and take a step towards yourself"

Where do you go or do you stand still or does it matter? 

There is no path but we have to walk it and examine it from our Own direct experience. 

The Truth is the same but two persons never take the same path to get it. 

Edited by cirkussmile

32 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

I like the Rupert Spiral analogy.

"Stand up and take a step towards yourself"

Where do you go or do you stand still or does it matter? 

There is no path but we have to walk it and examine it from our Own direct experience. 

The Truth is the same but two persons never take the same path to get it. 

:)

I am simply sharing that there need not be a path at all. Choosing a path is a movement of the chooser. The chooser is what he/she chooses. 

I am sharing the path of no path. 

Pathlessness, Choicelessness, the ending of the movement of time.??

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

I am simply sharing that there need not be a path at all. Choosing a path is a movement of the chooser. The chooser is what he/she chooses. 

Yes. Good! 

I love that and different people listen to different messages. 

In the end it's clear that there is no path! 

But then people asking HOW do I get that? But most importantly...

How do we live a life that has qualities like Jesus or the Buddha? How do we continue life after awakening? 

8 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

How do we live a life that has qualities like Jesus or the Buddha? How do we continue life after awakening? 

I don't knowO.o, did you meet them? 

Im not much of a imitator anyhow. I do what I do when I want to do it.:)

How do we continue life after awakening you asked....

There is no asking how when time ends. All such questions are the result of thought transcending it's own limits. 

Edited by Faceless

14 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

How do we live a life that has qualities like Jesus or the Buddha?

Can you name a person whom Buddha or Jesus ever imitated? It is ironic that we imitate those who never imitated others. If you are  imitating  someone else, you will become phony, you will not be real. Just be yourself.

Jesus overturned the moneylenders' boards and began to beat the moneylenders. He cursed a fig tree which was not yielding any fruit because he and his disciples were hungry. 

When Buddha left his kingdom, his son was only one day old, he left the palace without informing his young wife, his father , he was his only son. Do you want these qualities ?

@Faceless What is the point of starting this argument? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Faceless Nonduality... no such thing as a fact. 

It would seem this way if one is yet to experience beyond thought. A direct experience of self changes not only one’s life, but all of reality, and is very different than what the word ‘experience’ means to one who has not.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

44 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Can you name a person whom Buddha or Jesus ever imitated? It is ironic that we imitate those who never imitated others. If you are  imitating  someone else, you will become phony, you will not be real. Just be yourself.

Jesus overturned the moneylenders' boards and began to beat the moneylenders. He cursed a fig tree which was not yielding any fruit because he and his disciples were hungry. 

When Buddha left his kingdom, his son was only one day old, he left the palace without informing his young wife, his father , he was his only son. Do you want these qualities ?

16 hours ago, Faceless said:

@Prabhaker I never heard the stories like that about the Buddha and Jesus. But we all have to go though challenges and hard decisions to come out on the other side of suffering. In the end it is necessary and we will always hurt someone on our way to freedom. 

It's the qualities of love, compassion, good will and service that makes them so popular.

The act of selflessness is what makes a Buddha. The compassion Jesus shows when he is crucified is what makes him Jesus. 

These qualities is our nature and if we don't develop them just a little then enlightenment is useless for mankind. It's not about you. 

9 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

The compassion Jesus shows when he is crucified is what makes him Jesus. 

Jesus said, “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." (◄ Matthew 10:34 ►)

Jesus said, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." (◄ Luke 14:26 ►)

Is it compassion ?

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Did he mean that it's a good thing that hate those things?

Jesus knows the best.

Buddha was one step ahead, he said, "Embrace nothing: If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet your father, kill your father. Only live your life as it is, Not bound to anything.”

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Faceless What is the point of starting this argument? 

You do not think its important to question if  thought is deceiving itself?

You really don't see the significance of being aware of such a possibility? 

Consider it a heads up...That's all :)

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless Nonduality... no such thing as a fact. 

It would seem this way if one is yet to experience beyond thought. A direct experience of self changes not only one’s life, but all of reality, and is very different than what the word ‘experience’ means to one who has not.  

?