Charlotte

Self inquiry method

70 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

What do you think? 

I'd say yes.  But I can intellectually explain how the "observer is the observed" and yet it's not actualized.  The significance of that statement isn't appreciated to the depth that you appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, robdl said:

I'd say yes.  But I can intellectually explain how the "observer is the observed" and yet it's not actualized.  The significance of that statement isn't appreciated to the depth that you appreciate it.

Yeah 

Its scary :)

Thought doesnt like it. But if one stays with it a extraordinary ”no-thing” happens ?

I don't want to project though. This is where one can go from a mere intellectual understanding ”an idea” , to a seeing of one's true nature as an actual fact/truth. 

Its where true embodiment/action is born. Abstrations never bring about a fundamental change. Only the fact/actuality/truth can. 

Edited by Faceless

@robdl

For me the moment psychological time ended I was able to inquire into the nature of thought impartially. There was no fear preventing me from staying with what is. I went into the nature of fear, belief, pleasure, and all that we go through in our daily life. Learned about all of that and how all the parts ofnthought interrelate/interdepend and so on. This is what I have been doing since the initial ending of time. 

The last year or so has been exploring what had happened. Questioning whether or not I had got caught in the illusion and deception of thought. I have gone into it quite efficiently and impartially. 

I think the ending of psychological time was the key as thought will distort “what is” and prevent one from perceiving truth. Thoughts function is self preservation. Thought sees it’s impermanence in its own movement and tends to cling to self sooth. Maintain psychological security. 

Edited by Faceless

On Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Charlotte said:

((If there has been a previous thread related to this, let me know and I'll hide))

Please share with me your personal favourite self inquiry method and why...

I struggled quite a lot to learn a good inqiuring method.

The thing is, you want to make sure your inner voice is completely silent, then you want to ask yourself without using the inner voice. Try to feel yourself from the inside instead of asking yourself from the outside. It's like reaching to the true self with the true self.

Good luck.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Charlotte In not bothering to read through this whole thread (sorry!) but I'll say there is no method but to ask, at all times and in every way, "what IS this? What is going on?" Think about it, write about it, forget about it and then remember it (and you will forget it A LOT), and immediately interrogate the answers. As soon as mind says "x is y", then you ask "what is y?" At all times in all ways

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

He is aggressive. He even pointed "fuck you" finger. 

He's not aggressive, he's just playing around. Although I did feel a little sorry for the guy asking the question haha. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Is somebody here while doing self inquiry and becoming conscious of formlessness nothingness true self or however you wanna call it having a sense of peace and serenity while being it? Cause I sometimes become conscious of it but lose it later and offcourse like Leo said in the video mind cannot grasp what I was conscious of and doesn't even remember but this sense of peace is in my case a signal I m doing it right or at least I hope so:|