Joseph Maynor

Sharing a Great Moment Of Actualized.org

13 posts in this topic

This was a great video when it came out for me.  I was so happy on 12/4/16!  At that time I was nowhere near where I am now on the Path.  But it was a distinct stepping-stone for me around this time period.  I think Leo’s shift precipitated a shift in me.  Of course he’s way ahead of me at this juncture, so the shift was more analogical on my end — but it was a true growth point.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Agreed...I was in college when this came out and this was the video that made me drop out to pursue my dreams

one of my favorites as well. so inspiring:x I'm glad I joined sage university. turned my life upside down. it's funny because I know from the outside it looks boring. but I've never felt richer about experience itself!

whatever arises, love that

this was the video that made me really re-evaluate whats important in life

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

this was the video that made me really re-evaluate whats important in life

what conclusion did you get to? 

This made me realize how beautiful I am ❤️❤️❤️??????

@phoenix666

that all the material crap and small things such as people glances at me/thoughts about me didnt mean crap. My entire highschool i was chasing popularity & material things -clothes/makeup/shoes/i can go on forever----it doesnt mean crap.  And i got very angry that i let those things govern how i live my life.

And then its not as easy as just "waking up". I realize that even though i started a daily meditation practice, practice mindfulness & present moment, watch leos & other teachers videos, i STILL fall into the same trap everyday. Just 10 minutes ago, i found myself being bored and somehow ended up watching botox experience videos on youtube....lol...im not even into botox, im early 20s, literally no idea how i ended up in that video. This sage video just made me realize how important focusing on yourself and questioning life is...and how hard it is to get an enlightenment experience..then a few enlightenment experiences..deal with ego  backlash and falling back into the trap of materialism...then more enlightenment....then becoming a sage...then i have to think to myself am i again just chasing a title? Do i want to be a sage because my ego likes the idea of being this super wise person who is above everyone else's rat race? If yes, then its like im doing no progress at all. I need to drop all notions about everything and just focus on NOW...i feel like i jumped to several different topics here, i hope i made sense lol

Edited by moon777light

@moon777light Hey don't feel bad for caring about your personal appearance, it is psychologically healthy to do so! Studies have shown that how you present yourself is how you feel about yourself. It informs the image a person has of who and what they are! Want to take yourself seriously? Dress up in business attire. Want to feel sleepy and lazy? dress in PJs. There is no shame in caring about your personal appearance.

From another book, I am reading called "Why Buddhism Is True" by Robert Wright. He talks about how the human being evolved to be excessively conscious of the thoughts and opinions of others as a means of long-term survival. Even if it has to stoop to the level of delusion. It will concoct all kinds of stories.

In the book, he describes how mother nature evolved to select for a person being delusionally wrong about a snake rustling in the bushes 99 times out of 100 if it meant saving the person from the snake just one time. 

Same thing with human relationships which were very vital in ancient times.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

for the second time in my life, I again feel like anything is possible...the first time was when I was a child and I wanted to be the President...lol

while in school I felt trapped and frustrated...its like my whole life was already laid out for me

these days I feel like Im living my own life

@moon777light don't worry, makes a lot of sense. I enjoyed reading it because it resonates a lot with me <3 I've come to the same conclusions, specially after my first retreat last summer. Leo's videos have helped me a great deal, but it really sank in on that retreat. but I fall back into the materialist trap sometimes as well. it's a play between gaining consciousness and ego striking back. the important thing is to stay aware of that mechanism and to always come back to the path

hahah don't worry about the botox videos, there are worse backlashes xD I sometimes end up stalking on FB 9_9 and I get lost in phantasies a lot-_-