MarkusSweden

You shouldn't discipline your meditation habits.

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Leo is now on a 30 days retreat in solitude in his home in Vegas. What if he like to do something else this very day? Shouldn't meditation be a spontaneous thing that just happens?

On your way home from work, when you are driving your car, when you take a bath, when you sit down quietly, when you listening to music. When thought are free and almost stops in a blissful feeling, that is meditation to me, and it happens spontaneous. 

Contemplation of our true nature should be like the best party you can go to, it should be a party where you are free to enter and leave when ever you like. Out of intuition in the NOW. 

I think we almost disrespect the beautiful divine nature that we are when we discipline ourself to penetrate the source. 

Let it happen when ever it happen, don't let your small self interfere with the blessing of travelling in your divine source. 

Just my two cents. 

This is one aspect: the feminine.  You're allowing things to unfold as they do.

The other aspect:  masculine.

This is penetration, piercing through, or Zen in other words.

There can be a balance of these two.  Sometimes you need to take the masculine approach and pierce through, especially when you've cultivated a gut level understanding of the teachings but it's not fully integrated as of yet.  I thought Leo explained this pretty well in his video, when he talked about "being the embodiment" of what he teaches.

Grace

26 minutes ago, MiracleMan said:

I thought Leo explained this pretty well in his video, when he talked about "being the embodiment" of what he teaches.

Action born of nothingness/truth. Insight/perception

Once there is division ‘time’ that truth nothingness is not. 

Division inevitably expresses itself in communication so time has to operate there. 

But in order for nothingness/action to act directly the division of Time must cease.

Embodiment is the absense of division in the action. 

This action is whole “holy” 

It’s beautiful?

Edited by Faceless

6 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Leo is now on a 30 days retreat in solitude in his home in Vegas. What if he like to do something else this very day? Shouldn't meditation be a spontaneous thing that just happens?

Why do you assume that he can't meditate for 30 days straight without forcing himself?

Just that he made this decision shows his dedication to his work. He is dissolving his ego here; even if he meets heavy resistance on the way it is to be faced and destroyed - if he does that, he is doing meditation for the purpose it was designed to do.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Personally I think meditation occurs naturally in an unaddicted or unattached state. Else, tie yourself to the mast odysseus style. 

The act of thinking about doing meditation in the future, takes you out of the present. So my solution is to always focus on the heart, so that no thoughts can stop the 24/7 meditation from happening. In regards to formal meditation, I have found as soon as I wake up I am naturally meditative, so I usually do 10 minutes to an hour there, un-timed, just being for as long as can :) I used to do 2 hours a day, but this I find is much more heart-centered, and conducive to higher conscious states. Good topic!

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

I found that in order to get to a meditative/mindfulness state 24/7 I first have to build habit and momentum with formal sits. when I stop the formal sits I slide right back into old habits or even destructive patterns. 

the more formal sits I do (also forced ones), the more awareness I manage to bring into daily life. that makes me calm and content. so I think there is some value in formal/forced sittings. 

but this is just my experience. 

whatever arises, love that

Defiantly! The morning meditation helps you maintain that awareness throughout the day as the observer.

btw, I love your signature Phoenix:x:D

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Solace said:

Defiantly! The morning meditation helps you maintain that awareness throughout the day as the observer.

btw, I love your signature Phoenix:x:D

<3 and I love yours xD 

whatever arises, love that