MarkusSweden

You shouldn't discipline your meditation habits.

28 posts in this topic

Leo is now on a 30 days retreat in solitude in his home in Vegas. What if he like to do something else this very day? Shouldn't meditation be a spontaneous thing that just happens?

On your way home from work, when you are driving your car, when you take a bath, when you sit down quietly, when you listening to music. When thought are free and almost stops in a blissful feeling, that is meditation to me, and it happens spontaneous. 

Contemplation of our true nature should be like the best party you can go to, it should be a party where you are free to enter and leave when ever you like. Out of intuition in the NOW. 

I think we almost disrespect the beautiful divine nature that we are when we discipline ourself to penetrate the source. 

Let it happen when ever it happen, don't let your small self interfere with the blessing of travelling in your divine source. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Discipline does not come about by the imposition of thought, but comes about by maintaining order in the field of thought. And the only way for there to be order in thought is for truth/perception to see thought as a whole. Discipline that conforms and imitates is a movement of thought itself and usualy this movement goes undetected. Thought will tend to move in so many ways undetected that might not even be aware it is in movement and determining various actions. The thing is to watch the whole of it. 

Most go about this differently. 

It’s not discipline then freedom but freedom first and then comes discipline. People generally get that mixed up thanks to culture and so on. It’s a big part of ones conditioning. 

This is a big reason people spend 50 years as a seeker.

47 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

When thought are free and almost stops in a blissful feeling, that is meditation to me, and it happens spontaneous. 

Yes you are getting it man. It’s a very subtle thing for that spontaneity act. There has to be the cessation of thought/self “psychological time” all together. When this happens one doesn’t meditate but is meditation. This can be an all day affair very easily. 

This is how I do it. Yesterday I was even as meditation while grocery shopping. I don’t remeber a thing. Hehe 

Edited by Faceless

I guess my girlfriend figured I had lost my head as I was in there for three hours or so.9_9

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I guess my girlfriend figured I had lost my head as I was in there for three hours or so.9_9

Haha :D

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

36 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Shouldn't meditation be a spontaneous thing that just happens?

The impulse to make plans arises spontaneously.
The impulse to go, or not to go through with your plans arises spontaneously as well.
That constant spontaneity is spontaneous as well.

This is what life looks through the lens of 'now'.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

37 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Just my two cents. 

Also: lots of shoulds and shouldn'ts for the advocacy of spontaneity.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Also: lots of shoulds and shouldn'ts for the advocacy of spontaneity.

Hehe 

@tsuki You're right, as always! :) 

Any argument collapse when you look a little bit deeper, specially those of mine! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

2 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

@tsuki You're right, as always! :) 

Any argument collapse when you look a little bit deeper, specially those of mine! 

Acknowledging your faults is easy. What about acknowledging faults of others? 
Isn't that a little faulty of you?

Just now, tsuki said:

Acknowledging your faults is easy. What about acknowledging faults of others? 
Isn't that a little faulty of you?

Yup, thanks god there is no such thing as a small self. Otherwise you would probably hurt that entity with your flawless statements. 

I guess Leo do what's best for him. To me it looks like he is hard on himself sometimes, but that's just my perspective, which shouldn't be projected upon anyone else. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

9 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Yup, thanks god there is no such thing as a small self. Otherwise you would probably hurt that entity with your flawless statements. 

Sorry Markus. I just don't understand why you're using your intellect like this.
I guess that we're reflecting each other too much to share one space.
Crafting flawless posts, wondering if we're helping, or breaking.

It is sometimes difficult to just dance.

Think of it as not attempting to help or break but simply sharing. Be aware of your motive/intentions “thought and movements of self” 

You will see that thought will constantly very subtlety move without even seeing it self. 

This is the measure of ones degree of embodiment. Although to really embody this awareness measure must end. Measure is the very driving force for these self centered actions anyhow. 

No measure, no self preservation, no self preservation, no measure.?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Haha, using measure as a measure of embodying immeasurable :D.
Ego is so very very very sneaky.
I'm alright friend :) Thanks for your concern :)

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Faceless Haha, using measure as a measure of embodying immeasurable :D.
Ego is so very very very sneaky.
I'm alright friend :) Thanks for your concern :)

That wasn’t for you my incredibly wise friend. 

Just a sharing to the one. :)

Edited by Faceless

@tsuki

Measure leads to further measure.

Measure and then action implies a static/measurable/finite/and limited action. ?

Nothingness/truth being void of measure sees the whole of measure...

Action free of measure impies  dynamic/infinite/complete action. 

Not a movement and then action which implies division, but just action. 

Theres the movement of thought, then insight/perception, then action which would imply a limited partial/fragmented action. 

And then there is insight/action. This is an undivided whole action as it does not become divided by the movement of time. 

This makes for harmony of time/timeless. Compete action. ⭕️ 

Very interesting huh :)

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless any conversation you're a part of becomes a hot topic. I wonder how many times you refresh a page :D

Just kidding 

1 minute ago, sarapr said:

@Faceless any conversation you're a part of becomes a hot topic. I wonder how many times you refresh a page :D

Just kidding 

:D

@tsuki and I take an interest in time/timelessness. 

Hes my buddy. 

28 minutes ago, Faceless said:

That wasn’t for you my incredibly wise friend. 

Just a sharing to the one. :)

Thank you nonetheless. Seeing your concern for whomever cheered me up.
After all, I and @MarkusSweden are one. He's the capital letter and I am the full stop.
@sarapr Just look at his post count! He posts in all threads, so no wonder that threads the posts in become hot!
(Also kidding!)