MarkusSweden

Do you have prestige invested in this journey?

9 posts in this topic

Like becoming more evolved then others or becoming more interesting to others? Or maybe some narcissistic idea that you are a diamond that you like to brighten, to burnish, to finish? 

Or is it a pure curiosity thing, and an honest quest for happiness for you(and others)? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

35 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Like becoming more evolved then others or becoming more interesting to others? Or maybe some narcissistic idea that you are a diamond that you like to brighten, to burnish, to finish? 

Or is it a pure curiosity thing, and an honest quest for happiness for you(and others)? 

That’s all a movement of thought. 

I question that kind of curiosity as just curiosity if you know what I mean. Hehe

True curiosity free of thought implies walking for the sake of walking. Exploring with no end goal projected.

The goal prevents the entirety of the “journey” from truly revealing itself.  :)

Edited by Faceless

Just curiosity, improvement is an illusion

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The key is to take notice of the deep rooted motive and intention of that curiosity. As that motive and intention will hide itself to self sustain its agenda. 

2 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

It is thirst for inner peace for which I am on this journey. 

It doesn't really matter.

As long as you have an I-thought, it will attach itself to egoistic wishes, such as being "more enlightened than others."

The problem isn't with not having purity of motivation; it's a rare person, if anyone, who does.

The problem is stopping too early and not reaching sahaja.

People don't understand how much crap has to be ejected before full enlightenment.  Nobody who's on the path isn't dealing with some type of ego issues.

I would say, then, that if you're experiencing a serious ego trip that it's actually a good sign, a sign of purification hitting overdrive.

Edited by Haumea

When I started this, my motivation was all about getting to feel okay when people walked out of my life. I used to be very intense so people would sometimes opt out of the picture. :) And I suffered. So I started this as a quest to learn radical letting go. 

And it turned out that letting go could be one of the complete methods to something bigger than just accepting other people's choices internally, on par with yoga, meditation or self inquiry. Most normal people accept other people's choices on the outside while feeling awful on the inside. Matching your feelings with your actions is the greatest and pretty much the same as peace. 

Now my motivation has switched to making myself feeling better and better and of course curiosity is a big factor. So after all, it became mostly about me rather than others. 

When I realized just how much people suffer, through my own suffering I began to feel a heart-felt union with them on a deeper level than the ego. The second realization that helps conquer spiritual righteousness is to realize that everyone is doing the best they can, if they could do better they would.  You're always experiencing the best they can give you. Isn't that enough? Why would you want to feel superior to that, when people are just doing their best?

I myself had until a few months ago, a big spiritual ego, where I felt the need to shine brighter than the people around me, to prove my self worth to the world. But instead of proving this, I just started loving the one who wanted to prove this, and loving the one who had thoughts, and the one who had emotions. Look at your own righteousness, victim mindset, entitlement and neediness in thought form as a deeper call from your heart to guve it attention instead of those thoughts. That also helped me a lot overcome most of the spiritual ego.

Ultimately we are all god/infinity, or and there isn't a better God. Live as if that is the case, and you'll start to feel it, and then you'll start to see it physically. Many blessings.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️