Viking

How can one function in this world without meaning?

36 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I too prefer icing my balls during a good nut kicking. 

lulzsec-thumb.jpg

298zjd.jpg

?y thing is I’m out of ice 

?????????

9 minutes ago, Faceless said:

?y thing is I’m out of ice 

?????????

Yeah but, ice is just frozen water.. you can CREATE it. ;) see where I'm going with this? 

Memento Mori

You’re trapped in logic. Focus on how you feel. Feel the joy of helping others and bettering yourself; feel it deeply. Meaning or meaninglessness? That’s just an idea  @Viking

Edited by Bobby

23 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yeah but, ice is just frozen water.. you can CREATE it. ;) see where I'm going with this? 

Fortunately I live close to the market. 

9 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Fortunately I live close to the market. 

*****You do NOT know where I'm going with this******

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

*****You do NOT know where I'm going with this******

We don’t have ice trays. And I needed it now. Plus I need a lot of ice. My knee, back, hip, ankle, face... hehe 

play you pay

Edited by Faceless

@Viking Do you have a problem watching a movie despite knowing it's fiction or CGI?

So what's the problem? Enjoy illusion for what it is.

Why do you need it to be real? Why must you insist that in order to watch a movie, it has to be footage of actual events that took place in the world?

You see how silly that is?

The whole point of life is that it is a CREATION! You are creating it from scratch! The possibilities of creation are infinite. So enjoy the creation unfold. God pulled all of creation out of his ass, and in fact, he's doing it every millisecond.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

You create the meaning. And you create your reality.

13 hours ago, Viking said:

everything is inherently meaningless, but I apply meaning to stuff. when i realize i apply meaning to stuff, i realize its meaningless inherently and the meaning i give fades. how do i function when i dont have that meaning? how can i be motivated to do anything without meaning? is there such a thing as artificial meaning, created deliberately? and if so, how does one do that? 

Your urge for meaning is resulting from finding meaning meaningful.
When everything is truly meaningless, having meaning is meaningless as well.

Meaningful meaning is meaningless.
Meaningless meaninglessness is meaningful.

This is not a game of language. This is how your mind works.
In order to find peace you need to see how meaning is meaningless.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Every small detail in this life is equally meaningful!

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

Every small detail in this life is equally meaningful!

When everything is truly equally meaningful, nothing stands out and everything is meaningless.
Meaningfulness = meaninglessness from my perspective.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

When everything is truly equally meaningful, nothing stands out and everything is meaningless.

Of course! That's precisely what makes it so great!

You can experience every blade of grass with infinite meaning.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course! That's precisely what makes it so great!

You can experience every blade of grass with infinite meaning.

I'm glad that we agree :) 

Edited by tsuki

The whole mistake was making the conclusion that life was supposed to have a purpose. This is the conditioning that  you are trying to wake up from.
Only the ego needs a purpose. Once that goes,you're free to do whatever. If that means doing nothing then that is what you will do. But you won't lose  sleep over it.

20 hours ago, Truth said:

In depth video incoming --> 

I watched the video, extremely profound, definitely helped me.

I feel like I didnt fully "get it" yet though. upon looking at some of my goals in life and going through the process of proving that I am the one who created their meaning and inherently they're meaningless I dont feel like I really get it that theyre meaningless, because I continue to automatically apply meaning over and over again, and each time i disprove their meaning but the meaning continues to come up automatically. its like i dont get it deeply. Do i have to sit for hours and continue to prove to myself that stuff doesnt have meaning?

also I was at such a great frequency while watching the video, but after i finished or towards the end, the "understanding" kind of faded, it happens so much with a lot of things. I read a book for example and i understand perfectly what's up, but then i cant get to the same place later.

2 hours ago, Viking said:

I watched the video, extremely profound, definitely helped me.

I feel like I didnt fully "get it" yet though. upon looking at some of my goals in life and going through the process of proving that I am the one who created their meaning and inherently they're meaningless I dont feel like I really get it that theyre meaningless, because I continue to automatically apply meaning over and over again, and each time i disprove their meaning but the meaning continues to come up automatically. its like i dont get it deeply. Do i have to sit for hours and continue to prove to myself that stuff doesnt have meaning?

also I was at such a great frequency while watching the video, but after i finished or towards the end, the "understanding" kind of faded, it happens so much with a lot of things. I read a book for example and i understand perfectly what's up, but then i cant get to the same place later.

Think of meaning as a connection. when you say something is "meaningless" or apply that thought process to anything you're effectively cutting off that connection.

Now on the other hand, when you say something is meaningful, you're connected.

when you're watching the video you feel connected, when you're not you feel disconnected. 

when you're reading the book you feel connected, when you're not you feel disconnected.

This is a good indicator that you're dependent on things outside of you to make you feel a certain way, and that crashes and burns because you're playing with impermanent objects and using them to determine your emotions, thoughts, ideas and even your happiness.

I think it's really important for you to get back into your body, put on some music, dance, smile for no reason, make weird faces for no reason, focus on what's in front of your eyes or breathe instead of your thoughts, talk out loud etc. the better you get at doing this, the more this "meaning/meaninglessness" won't even matter anymore. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori