Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moon777light

How to Dream Again? Supplements/Herbs for dreams?

14 posts in this topic

I am not sure which sub forum to put this but i guess its health related so itll be here 

ANyhow back in high school i used to dream probably 2 out of every 3 nights, practically everyday. Really intense, vivid, beautiful and weird dreams. Now that im in college for a few years, my dreams pretty much are gone, i am verrrry lucky if i dream 2-3 dreams in a month :'(. My sleep schedule is horrible, i usually go to sleep around 2-3am and wake up either 7am (if i have a 8am class) or 12pm (if i dont have anything that day). Is there a supplements/herbs that help intensify dreams?

I know a really healthy and safe hack: take a warm bath with herbs and eat one apple before going to bed. May be it sounds crazy, but it really works!

avoid eating after 6pm, let your body digest 100% so that all the blood is spared for the brain so that you can have more lucid dreaming, out of body experiences and stuff like that (if you believe in it)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I've got a goofy one. I got this from Dave Aspery. Eat a tablespoon of honey 30 minutes to an hour before you go to sleep. I get vivid dreams almost everytime I do it. The theory is that the honey feeds your brain while you sleep.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

14 hours ago, Colin said:

I've got a goofy one. I got this from Dave Aspery. Eat a tablespoon of honey 30 minutes to an hour before you go to sleep. I get vivid dreams almost everytime I do it. The theory is that the honey feeds your brain while you sleep.

Yes i believe honey gives the brain energy to dream/work ect... more effectively while we sleep or something like that i heard a while back as well. I always do this or make a Chamomile or Tulsi tea with honey or other herbal teas before bed. I heard Rhodiola and Ashwagandha may help.

There are some actual dream herbs like Calea Zachatechi, Mugwort to enhance Lucid dreams or what not but i never really noticed anything different because i always have dreams regardless of what i do unless i am drunk or smoke a lot of cannabis that night which seems to put me in a dreamless sleep.

I would just make a tea or herb with honey before sleep and try a different one every night? Everything is consciousness so every little thing will have some sort of effect on your dreams.

B R E A T H E

@moon777light Also stay off screens as much as possible. My dreams always become more wild and vivid when i am out in nature all day and limit time on artificial sources/screens/lighting ect... Read books instead :) And try to sleep on the ground/ground floor. Less electronics/artificial frequencies around you = deeper the sleep. Turn off everything/wifi/flight-mode/plugs out ect..

4tregsegsewgegewgedgdeg.jpg

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Prabhaker I am actually excited to try this! I have a bottle of b6 that I have been holding off on taking because of the high amount per pill. hee hee I am excited now.

I have heard about spirulina being effective in this but not sure.

an update on the B6: I noticed that my imagination formed more vivid images sometime after taking it. I did some other things that interfered with my sleep unfortunately so can't give an accurate account of dream retention, Hopefully, tonight will go more smoothly

Hi,

You are dreaming multiple times every night, but can't remember it. So instead of trying to fix anything with supplements, try to improve your dream memorization. The easiest way is by starting a dream journal. Basically just writing down your dreams immediately after you wake up. Try to go into the details and focus on every perception (don't waste time on your handwriting, spelling or grammar, as the memory of the dream will decrease fast). You can work out them later if you want.

You will see an increase of remembered dream frequency within a few days. Although there is the possibility to write it in an app or typing it, but I always found it easier to write it in little note book, because you can easily make sketches. Even if it's hard, try also to write them down if you wake up from a dream middle in the night.

If you don't remember anything after waking up (the first days), write down how you feel, your mood, did you slept well? Besides that it can be useful to use affirmation before going to sleep or just focusing on the intention to remember your dreams.

Extra tip: make some research about rem sleeping phase. There are ways to manipulate them, or just schedule your waking up according to them, which improves dream memorization as well.

glebo_o

6 hours ago, Immortal peace said:

Take a 500 mg melatonin pill before you sleep for crazy, vivid dreams

That's extremely high and not safe. It could damage your natural melatonin production. 5mg is the highest amount one should take and even that is very high for daily use. A handful of pistachios after dinner = 1-2 mg of melatonin or get a dropper so you can do drops and take much smaller doses and see where you feel best.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Ive taken Vitamin B6 with great results. cheap to buy too.

Focus on the solution, not the problem