TruthSeeker47

Can the ego ever be good?

80 posts in this topic

I was wondering, what if the ego accepts death? I know for the most part it fiends control and tries to manipulate me but I realized that if what i think I am is an ego, and I embrace death through meditation wouldn't that mean that my ego is working with me?

46 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

I embrace death through meditation wouldn't that mean that my ego is working with me?

Yes, it is your ego working but accepting death like experience consciously , transforms you.

I don't think two people share the same definition of Ego.  I say no, but I have my own definition of Ego.  Ego is the false sense of identification, controlling, doing, or conceptual-knowing between unchanging Awareness and the changing Dream.  In my sense, Ego is a total illusion.  So, it cannot ever be good.  Awakening just means becoming conscious of the illusion of Ego, and getting the actual shifts in consciousness that follow that change in belief.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

55 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

I embrace death through meditation wouldn't that mean that my ego is working with me?

Jump out of an airplane with a parashoot and see whether you still think the same way.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

7 hours ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

I was wondering, what if the ego accepts death? I know for the most part it fiends control and tries to manipulate me but I realized that if what i think I am is an ego, and I embrace death through meditation wouldn't that mean that my ego is working with me?

The very air sustaining your body and brain is borrowed from the botanical life on earth and in exchange you give life back, constantly without fail. Your cells which construct your body are dependent on the food your eat and you process it and give all of it back. Every thought is dependent on a prior experience, and every word you speak is by virtue of recycling relativity. Yet, you claim you are seperate. You claim you are not all that you see. You claim there is death. You claim you could be something you think. Who could possibly convince you of the truth when you’re already it and make these claims? No one else. For the ego to accept death, you’d have to be alive, and that is simply impossible.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The very air sustaining your body and brain is borrowed from the botanical life on earth and in exchange you give life back, constantly without fail. Your cells which construct your body are dependent on the food your eat and you process it and give all of it back. Every thought is dependent on a prior experience, and every word you speak is be virtue of recycling relativity. Yet, you claim you are seperate. You claim you are not all that you see. You claim there is death. You claim you could be something you think. Who could possibly convince you of the truth when you’re already it and make these claims? No one else. For the ego to accept death, you’d have to be alive, and that is simply impossible.

So beautiful 

Hell yeah! Ego is not bad. It's bad if it controls you. Ego is there for your survival and your job is not to eliminate it entirely but to get complete control over it. 

@Nahm I can think this stuff but because I haven't experienced non duality I still perceive myself as separate. And I don't really know what you mean when you say 'For the ego to accept death, you’d have to be alive, and that is simply impossible'. Because I'm pretty convinced I'm alive whatever i may be

4 minutes ago, TruthSeeker47 said:

@Nahm I can think this stuff but because I haven't experienced non duality I still perceive myself as separate. And I don't really know what you mean when you say 'For the ego to accept death, you’d have to be alive, and that is simply impossible'. Because I'm pretty convinced I'm alive whatever i may be

I’m up for digging....why do you think you’re “alive”?

@TruthSeeker47 Then how do you know you were dead? How do you know you didn’t perceive? You probably have no memory being an octopus, but you don’t figure you were an octopus.

And what corilations are you making between perceiving and being alive?

@Nahm I guess i don't but that doesn't change the fact that I perceive now and therefore I think i am alive